There are 302 users in the forums

Aussies and Kiwis in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wanted to have a place that NFL and 49er fans could talk about the growth (or infestation) of Aussies in the NFL.

Australians Active in the NFL as of 2021 season
A record 7 active 1 PS and 1 awaiting his chance

P Mitch Wishnowsky - San Francisco 49ers

P Cameron Johnston - Houston Texans (prev Eagles)

P Michael Dickson - Seattle Seahawks - New $20M deal

OT Jordan Mialata - Philadelphia Eagles - Just won starting job which is just amazing.

DE Adam Gotsis — Jacksonville Jaguars, (prev Broncos)

P Arryn Siposs - Eagles (prev Lions)

P Jordan Berry — Minnesota Vickings (prev Steelers)

P Lachlan Edwards — Carolina Panthers (prev New York Jets / LA Chargers)

DE Matt Leo - Philadelphia Eagles - Practice Squad as part of the International Pathways Development Program

Recent Cuts:
***********P James Smith - Tennessee Titans**********waived August 2021, Oct 23rd worked out for Ravens (left footer) to give receivers practice prior to Bengal Left footer Punter playimg.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Nov 9, 2021 at 2:10 AM ]
I'll start to worry when the kiwi invasion starts
[ Edited by 16to87 on May 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM ]
Hmmm...
Certainly JH's crossover has heightened the profile of gridiron in Oz, none of the above are a result of that.
All have come through the college system, or from other sports before JH.
Except perhaps Wilkinson - Joel Wilkinson that is ;)
I'm guessing most of those are punters though? Add their positions too if you get a chance.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
I'm guessing most of those are punters though? Add their positions too if you get a chance.

Fixed. Of the ten four punters and one kicker. Then one running back, two guards, a defensive tackle and a corner back.

Jessie Williams from the Seahawks just got waived after fighting bouts of cancer. He was the first Aussie defensive player (DT) since Colin Scotts (DE and,TE for the Cardinals) and promised a big future.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on May 3, 2016 at 7:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
Hmmm...
Certainly JH's crossover has heightened the profile of gridiron in Oz, none of the above are a result of that.
All have come through the college system, or from other sports before JH.
Except perhaps Wilkinson - Joel Wilkinson that is ;)

Fixed. The other one is soccer. Oops. Agree about Hayne's influence. Maybe a few years down the road before that happens.

Speaking to friends who are closely tied to Jesse Williams there is a real feeling that the Hayne hype is unwarranted since he took a short cut and got lucky whereas most others have gone down a much harder road. We all know the price Jarryd had to pay for that.
Originally posted by 16to87:
I'll start to worry when the kiwi invasion starts

I can see you with a staff saying "you shall not pass". Lol. Kiwis and their hobbits.
I think their lack of any real production proves that you cant simply be big and/or athletic and jump into the NFL. JH is noticeably not a polished runner. he runs upright and has poor lateral movement. He's good, no doubt but imagine what he could have been if he had played American football from high school.
a CB...interesting.
Originally posted by 49glory:
I think their lack of any real production proves that you cant simply be big and/or athletic and jump into the NFL. JH is noticeably not a polished runner. he runs upright and has poor lateral movement. He's good, no doubt but imagine what he could have been if he had played American football from high school.

yep. he would've been a solid talent, no doubt about it. you have to be something really special to make the NFL with such little experience. plenty of people have the athleticism, but do they have a football mind?

a CB...interesting.

Yes very interesting.. wonder how he will go
Originally posted by 49glory:

yep. he would've been a solid talent, no doubt about it. you have to be something really special to make the NFL with such little experience. plenty of people have the athleticism, but do they have a football mind?

Jarryd actually wanted to come over earlier and go to college in the states but he didnt graduate high school here in oz . because all he did was play football (rugby league)... he played for the team i root for here in oz for nines years... started at 18yrs old and scored a td in basically everygame he played the kid was a superstar in his rookie season...
a CB...interesting.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Cardinals-Sign-Aussie-Rules-Player-Joel-Wilkinson/d92a4b37-be97-40f8-ad6d-cb02f47334c7
Change the A to a P and its still about the same thing

[ Edited by valrod33 on May 3, 2016 at 11:51 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Change the A to a P and its still about the same thing

LOL. Wait a minute. Are you putting the Great Hulk Hogan in the same reference as a feline fur ball?

Share 49ersWebzone