There are 191 users in the forums

Aussies and Kiwis in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not sure why people are mad at him and lol at the people who blame Baalke. I think it's obvious Hayne sees that he will never be a starting RB in the NFL so why should he continue if he may not even suit up on Sundays? Go play the game you are excellent at while you still can. I think it was awesome he even made the team last year. He proved that rugby players can play in the NFL and with time who knows they might even be stars but his age was working against him for sure.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Not sure why people are mad at him and lol at the people who blame Baalke. I think it's obvious Hayne sees that he will never be a starting RB in the NFL so why should he continue if he may not even suit up on Sundays? Go play the game you are excellent at while you still can. I think it was awesome he even made the team last year. He proved that rugby players can play in the NFL and with time who knows they might even be stars but his age was working against him for sure.

Some of us mad at what has become the commodity called Hayne the Franchise. Not Hayne the footballer.

The lack of understanding of why we are upset points to the same reason we were so vocal during his NFL foray.

It's bigger than just his ability or even the game of football.

It goes much deeper in to the identity of who we see ourselves as being and the importance of fighting for you mates and your dreams.

I get why he did what he did and I know in America that you are a dollar sign and not a person in sports business.

Deep down we wanted to see the underdog come through and prove that anyone with a dream can be what they want.

The problem is that Hayne portrayed his dream at first and is now saying that it was only a small dream which I achieved and I have a different dream now.

It's not the trophies or the statistics or the fame that true character is made from. It's often what you have sacrificed that makes up your spirit.

Maybe growing up fatherless where he did formed his thinking. I also grew up where he did with a single mother. I was lucky to have great father figures to help me. I don't know that he did but he obviously succeeded in spite of that.....physically. But being aloofness is a common description of him.

He is still a human prone to mistakes like us all but on character this one does not sit well.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Chip Kelly was reported on Nine News Sydney as saying he was not going to cut Hayne and was interested to see what he could do. So Hayne just up and quit which is nothing but poor form
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Indeed, pissed off he just up and quit, gave the haters ammo FFS

Or maybe the haters were right all along.
Originally posted by GRUMPY:
Or maybe the haters were right all along.

Might be right but hate probably comes out of love for the game and team. Nothing has changed in the thinking of the fans. Only difference is what Hayne has done.
Most here are genuine fans of the team and game.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I don't see too many supporting the other Aussie's thread in Niner Talk, Blake Muir.

Sad
The main problem alot of us have I think is Hayne talked up how much he loved the NFL, it was his dream to play and get a touchdown etc then he seemingly throws it all away on a whim. he was an inspiration for so many people chasing his dream against all odds.

Chip Kelly apparently said the following so it just makes the decision by Hayne even more unfathomable.

"Kelly also doused speculation the 49ers were planning to cut Hayne, which led to the Australian making a face-saving exit.

also

"The 49ers instead were bullish on Hayne, praising his ability to pick up Kelly's new offence and excited about using his powerful, 188cm body and skills.

"He's a really sharp learner," Kelly told reporters on Tuesday at the 49ers' Santa Clara facility.

"We were excited. He's a big body and has a skill set."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-sports/san-francisco-49ers-coach-chip-kelly-praises-jarryd-hayne-after-surprise-switch-to-rugby-sevens-20160517-goxikq.html
[ Edited by mvp_yeahbuddy on May 17, 2016 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
I don't see too many supporting the other Aussie's thread in Niner Talk, Blake Muir.

Sad

Well Muir is an UDFA, so you won't hear much from him until either video tape from the OTA's comes out, or once the preseason begins and he holds his own.

Hopefully Muir becomes a swing tackle and takes pears job. Hate hate pears.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Well Muir is an UDFA, so you won't hear much from him until either video tape from the OTA's comes out, or once the preseason begins and he holds his own.

Pears was as useless as tits on a bull. The Oline was useless. I am not sure if it was poor coaching for the rest or poor players but good coaching wont improve Pears and Pears should be cut

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:

Pears was as useless as tits on a bull. The Oline was useless. I am not sure if it was poor coaching for the rest or poor players but good coaching wont improve Pears and Pears should be cut

Ironically like Devey, Pesrs would be picked up another team.

Sad

Nobody in Australia has even heard of Blake Muir before,we knew Hayne because he was a beast NRL player,it's hard to get attached to someone you have never heard off,i have no clue what Blake Muir even looks like or what his story is(did he play ion College etc etc)
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:

Sad

Nobody in Australia has even heard of Blake Muir before,we knew Hayne because he was a beast NRL player,it's hard to get attached to someone you have never heard off,i have no clue what Blake Muir even looks like or what his story is(did he play ion College etc etc)

Have a look on his thread in Niners Talk. I posted an article and another Aussie posted a link to his online diary. He is worth supporting if you are an Aussie Niners fan. He wont be quitting half cocked or should I say full cockhead
Have a look on his thread in Niners Talk. I posted an article and another Aussie posted a link to his online diary. He is worth supporting if you are an Aussie Niners fan. He wont be quitting half cocked or should I say full cockhead

Originally posted by miked1978:

You may have had a valid point if Hayne had actually gone back to the game that he excelled at, but he hasn't
If he had gone back to Rugby League you would be correct, but he has gone to Rugby which is a completely different sport altogether and even more damning is the fact that it is 7's version of Rugby that differentiates it even further. It is a game that Hayne has never played before.

Even if he had gone back to Rugby league most of us still would have been pissed off with him as we saw the job only half done in the states, the dream and journey he encouraged fans to join him in was at least a2 year shot at making it in the NFL
Yes he got in the squad, yes he played 8 games, but did he truly make it, not many americans were convinced that he had and neither were many aussies. Year 2 was going to define the dream.
Share 49ersWebzone