LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Buckner was so mad that he is in hawaii.He hates it in SF. Thanks Baalke.

What?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am dumb on this. but he mentioned the d line coach.. is our new d line coach an assistant under chip at oregon?

The same guy that coached Armstead and Buckner at Oregon.

I think you can say that Buckner was well vetted in this process.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Me too

I was sweating it for a while.

thats only cuz of all the doom and gloomers on the zone saying we will pick a guy with a torn acl. we try to ignore them but it does get into your head after a few million posts of the same rubbish
Love this pick. He reminds me so much of a young Richard Seymour.
Originally posted by susweel:
If AA was any good they would have never made this pick. We could have had the RT that we needed desperately.

Look, I get that you don't watch much football but in Murica we play with two DE's out on the field. 49ers now have two outstanding young prospects that could form an absolutely dominant duo going forwards.

Phoenix

Why do you even bother??
  • Driew
  • Veteran
i am dumb on this. but he mentioned the d line coach.. is our new d line coach an assistant under chip at oregon?

Coach Azzinaro followed Chip from Oregon to Philly and was the "Assistant Head Coach and DL coach" at Philly. He's a great coach and has an amazing story: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/10/22/the-teachings-of-professor-azzinaro/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

The same guy that coached Armstead and Buckner at Oregon.

I think you can say that Buckner was well vetted in this process.
that means chip and trent worked together on this? how can that be when they hate each other and our front office and overall organization is a laughing stock?? i am confused
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
3 .. 2 .. 1 susweel will say he sucks.

Lol. This

no i think those guys are in a corner somewhere licking their wounds cuz trent did not take a acl guy
Which NFL player does he compare to?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Driew:

Coach Azzinaro followed Chip from Oregon to Philly and was the "Assistant Head Coach and DL coach" at Philly. He's a great coach and has an amazing story: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/10/22/the-teachings-of-professor-azzinaro/
thanks guys!!

no i think those guys are in a corner somewhere licking their wounds cuz trent did not take a acl guy

Nah, it's tough to screw up at #7 when two qb's and a running back go in the top 5. It's early cc. Your boy Baalke has 11 more picks. For the record Buckner was the guy I wanted.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Nah, it's tough to screw up at #7 when two qb's and a running back go in the top 5. It's early cc. Your boy Baalke has 11 more picks. For the record Buckner was the guy I wanted.

nothing wrong with being excited about this. did you not miss the multiple posts saying how trent is going to f**k up the first round pick? he did not , so of course we have to move that goal post
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Which NFL player does he compare to?

Calais Campbell, but a better prospect than Campbell was coming out.
I'd have been happy with Stanley too but tough to be upset with this pick. Wasn't thrilled with the Armstead pick and taking 3-4 ends with 1st round picks in back to back drafts is certainly questionable considering the state of the offense but Buckner was the bpa in my opinion.
Wow...Dial 6'5"... Armstead 6'8"... Buckner 6' 7".... We better lead the league in fg blocks!
[ Edited by sactomkiii on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone