LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Matt Maiocco Verified account ‏@MaioccoCSN 8m8 minutes ago Before getting the phone call from Chip Kelly, DE DeForest Buckner had not heard from the #49ers since the combine.
As if the Niners were convinced for months...
Stanley was my guess and pick, UNLESS...Buckner was there. My luck is so bad , going back yrs, this is the first time I actually got a specific pick I wanted. Faneffingtastic. And he is a pistol.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Rebuilding...one position group at a time. Baalke is going to rebuild the DL and OL first. Just like who we were before.

Next pick will be an OL.

Garnett, Whitehair or Spriggs in the 2nd and Baalke will be killing it.

Got my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by sactomkiii:
Wow...Dial 6'5"... Armstead 6'8"... Buckner 6' 7".... We better lead the league in fg blocks!

or batted passes
Originally posted by communist:

Not that they needed to talk to him, both Kelly and the DL coach had recruited and coached him, I think they were well versed on the kind of guy he was.
Originally posted by Trath44:
Wow...Dial 6'5"... Armstead 6'8"... Buckner 6' 7".... We better lead the league in fg blocks!

or batted passes

Going to SWAT a bunch of passes this year.

or batted passes

or sacked midgets
Originally posted by communist:
Matt Maiocco Verified account ‏@MaioccoCSN 8m8 minutes ago Before getting the phone call from Chip Kelly, DE DeForest Buckner had not heard from the #49ers since the combine.

I imagine they didn't want to tip their hand. I'm sure teams will ask who he's talked to and spoken with throughout the process.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I'd have been happy with Stanley too but tough to be upset with this pick. Wasn't thrilled with the Armstead pick and taking 3-4 ends with 1st round picks in back to back drafts is certainly questionable considering the state of the offense but Buckner was the bpa in my opinion.
The kid is nfl starter material on day one. aa will be much better than last year which was not to bad. they have a great coach on the d line. nothing but good things on the horizon in this area in my opinion
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Which NFL player does he compare to?
Calais Campbell for about the 1000th time.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

or batted passes

or sacked midgets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I imagine they didn't want to tip their hand. I'm sure teams will ask who he's talked to and spoken with throughout the process.

yep. All they had to do was watch film of him.
we have to calais campbell's on our dl line now
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

yep. All they had to do was watch film of him.
And had insider information on him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by susweel:
Good player.

we had to take him because AA was such a flop.

Or they'll be a monster pair of DEs for years to come in the 3-4.

2/3rds of that "3" should be set for years.

If AA was any good they would have never made this pick. We could have had the RT that we needed desperately.

If that Wilkerson or Richardson chump in New York were any good, the Jets wouldn't have drafted Leonard Williams.
Share 49ersWebzone