LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Jameis Winston is going to the Pro Bowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Winston had a completition percentage of 58.3, 22 TDs and 15 INTs. The Pro Bowl should be given to the best players of the season but instead of giving to the 6 best QBs the NFL is giving to the 11 best QBs of the season and this includes Tyrod Taylor and Jameis Winston. IMO Winston season was regular but not good and certainly not pro bowl level.

Tyrod Taylor absolutely deserves to be a Pro Bowler (after the 2 SB and injured QBs drop out). The fact that you included him in this post shows me that you are unfamiliar with the season he had.
Winston had a completition percentage of 58.3, 22 TDs and 15 INTs. The Pro Bowl should be given to the best players of the season but instead of giving to the 6 best QBs the NFL is giving to the 11 best QBs of the season and this includes Tyrod Taylor and Jameis Winston. IMO Winston season was regular but not good and certainly not pro bowl level.

The Pro Bowl sucks. The last time I watched was in 2004 or 2005.

The best players should statistically get in but instead it's a popularity contest with a bunch of old dudes in Hawaii.
I never thought that they should have movd the PB before the SB. I still don't know why that was done
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Raider fans are all excited because all their 3rd alternates are going to the Pro Bowl now lol

this lol. My friend is gloating that we only have one but a couple of years ago most of our defensive starters and o-line were starters in the pro bowl and actually earned it, not alternates lol
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Tyrod Taylor absolutely deserves to be a Pro Bowler (after the 2 SB and injured QBs drop out). The fact that you included him in this post shows me that you are unfamiliar with the season he had.

He had a good season but IMO he wasn't on the same level of the first 6 pro bowlers(Newton, Palmer, Brady, Big Ben, Wilson and Rodgers) and some alternates(Carr and Manning).
...as a replacement.
LOL, the Pro Bowl is absolutely worthless now and has been for years. Teddy Bridgewater is one of the Pro Bowl quarterbacks this year - with 14 TD passes in 16 games. Why not Blake Bortles or Ryan Fitzpatrick? Did they decline the invitation as well?
As I have always stated, the pro bowl is a sham.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

He had a good season but IMO he wasn't on the same level of the first 6 pro bowlers(Newton, Palmer, Brady, Big Ben, Wilson and Rodgers) and some alternates(Carr and Manning).

Obviously not as good of a season as the first 6, and quite frankly I am not even sure why you needed to say that.....as I stated that he deserves it AFTER the 2 SB quarterbacks and injured quarterbacks drop out.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude suxors

Navarro was drafted to play on team Irvin. Will be PB teammates with the hobbit and Richard Shermaphordite. f**k that!
People need to stop knocking the Pro Bowl. It was fun as hell to watch last year.
Teddy Bridgewater & Jameis Winston are pro bowlers

what a complete joke the pro bowl has become lol
  • Antix
  • Veteran
A straight up skills challenge would be more entertaining. Or like a series of 5 on 5 flag games in a tournament bracket. Just make it fun since nobody takes it seriously anyway.
Originally posted by TWD_Fan:
LOL, the Pro Bowl is absolutely worthless now and has been for years. Teddy Bridgewater is one of the Pro Bowl quarterbacks this year - with 14 TD passes in 16 games. Why not Blake Bortles or Ryan Fitzpatrick? Did they decline the invitation as well?

+1... I only care about All-Pro now. Pro Bowl used to be a good measure of a players ability over the season, but now it's a joke. Jameis would have made one sooner or later, but this is embarrassing... Even as a replacement he still gets credited as a Pro Bowler.

Some of these replacement guys will end up with more Pro Bowls than Kurt Warner. (4)
Share 49ersWebzone