There are 108 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Why pay Tom Brady's LT a brinks truck full of money and then have him play RT opposite a younger player. Makes little sense to me. Trade Mack because you can't pay him then over pay for a right tackle? Gruden is so f**king dumb

Brown has been in the league a while but he's only two years older miller. Maybe miller feels more comfortable at lt? Either way that div is loaded with pass rushers, at least you can help miller with a te
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Joey Bosa? Hmmm LAC can just switch JB and Ingram when they feel like it. K. Miller will still be attempting to protect Carr's blindside from either one which isn't pretty. So what's your point?

Yea they could switch but bosa prefers going against rts

Call me crazy but I don't think the importance of LT vs RT is as drastic as it used to be with all the snaps out of shotgun these days. You need two good tackles imo.
Originally posted by Homer:
Call me crazy but I don't think the importance of LT vs RT is as drastic as it used to be with all the snaps out of shotgun these days. You need two good tackles imo.

true but for most the left side is still the QBs weaker side, maybe not as big a difference but that blind side is where the motherload hits come from
[ Edited by babarvaart on May 8, 2019 at 1:41 AM ]
Originally posted by babarvaart:
true but for most the left side is still the QBs weaker side, maybe not as big a difference but that blind side is where the motherload hits come from

unless you're jimmy G where most of the hits come from the middle.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by jcs:
New articles have the Faiders moving Brown back to RT....

Yeah I saw that last night Gruden plans to have him RT while keeping Miller left, at least for now. So you spend that kind of money to not play him at LT from the word go. When did Gruden turn into an actual moron?

Who cares? RT is incredibly important too. You act like he's having Trent Brown play FB or something.

There's next to no difference in LT and RT these days. This ain't 1984.

[ Edited by NCommand on May 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

LOL. Truth.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

LOL. Truth.

Overlooked reality in all of this we shouldn't have traded Trent Brown stuff. I'm sure someone has done a breakdown already, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's where most of Jimmy's pressure is coming from.
Share 49erswebzone