There are 105 users in the forums

Jalen Ramsey CB LA Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
#1 overall pick. Book it.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Maybe. Tunsil and Ramsey are probably the 2 best players in the draft, but OT may be a bigger need. Tunsil is worthy of that top pick.

Those two guys are the only ones that have no chance of falling to 7 in my opinion. I don't think Buckner will be there either but some teams will have Bosa ranked ahead of him (especially 4-3 defenses).
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Maybe. Tunsil and Ramsey are probably the 2 best players in the draft, but OT may be a bigger need. Tunsil is worthy of that top pick.

Those two guys are the only ones that have no chance of falling to 7 in my opinion. I don't think Buckner will be there either but some teams will have Bosa ranked ahead of him (especially 4-3 defenses).

Their OT need though is moreso on the right side, and they could take Tunsil and shift Lewan to the left. However they need help at both corner and free safety and Ramsey could plug into either of those, they'd be stupid to not at least look very closely at Ramsey and even Buckner (Buckner and Casey would be a very formidable duo up front). They could address OT in FA or at the top of the second and or even by trading back into the back half of the first given the deep class in the draft.

They also should be talking to the Jets IMHO about a deal up to #1 that involves Wilkerson who would be an instant impact player. The Jets have no long term answer at QB and could use MW as a chip to get the best QB in this class while resigning Fitz as the stopgap.

Would be history. And Ramsey deserves it. Not saying there hasn't been DBs coming out that are better than him. Charles Woodson Patrick Peterson Sean Taylor all were better in college but came out in better classes
I would trade up for him tbh. He's the once in a generation talent imo. He could elevate our secondary to elite.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I would trade up for him tbh. He's the once in a generation talent imo. He could elevate our secondary to elite.

I don't know about once in a generation... but I get your point. He is a special player, no doubt. If anybody in this draft is worth trading up for, it's Ramsey.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I don't know about once in a generation... but I get your point. He is a special player, no doubt. If anybody in this draft is worth trading up for, it's Ramsey.

Once in a generation might be stretching it for most people but I see that whenever I watch him play. I like him a log.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Want
Can he play CB ????
At least 9 teams visited with him at combine - 49ers not one of them.

There were "brief" talks about us trading up to number one. Would y'all be mad if we got him instead of a qb?
[ Edited by Zachary on Apr 4, 2016 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Zachary:
There were "brief" talks about us trading up to number one. Would y'all be mad if we got him instead of a qb?

So claims Jason Cole, who also said that Patrick Willis was coming out of retirement and that David Shaw would definitely interview with the 49ers for their HC job. Don't believe everything you hear.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So claims Jason Cole, who also said that Patrick Willis was coming out of retirement and that David Shaw would definitely interview with the 49ers for their HC job. Don't believe everything you hear.

Well I was only citing it for a hypothetical question lol

The dude is a baller but I think if kap is gone then we need to draft for the bigger need, qb. And stay at 7
I think, he is compared to Eric Reid. He is probably available or bust.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I think, he is compared to Eric Reid. He is probably available or bust.

Except Ramsey doesn't hit like Reid. And Reid doesn't have nearly the coverage skills as Ramsey. And Ramsey has better instincts. Actually they don't compare at all.
Share 49ersWebzone