There are 112 users in the forums

Jalen Ramsey CB LA Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
This may be a year before he declares but I just had to. Watching Datby, Goldman, Edwards, Williams for this years draft and I kept thinking to myself who is #8. Jalen Ramsey 6'1" and 200 pounds and a projected 4.5 40. He plays with such a nasty streak something we haven't had since Goldson. If ward doesn't show improvement I would love this kid on our team.

[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 15, 2019 at 5:01 PM ]
Will be BPA when we pick
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Will be BPA when we pick

I really don't see them taking a 4th safety early in 4 straight drafts. With Ward, Tartt and Reid they've got a decent young group and many needs elsewhere.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I really don't see them taking a 4th safety early in 4 straight drafts. With Ward, Tartt and Reid they've got a decent young group and many needs elsewhere.

I agree completely but to play devils advocate Jalen can play Corner and we could use help there. Corner is no where near the same need as OL, DL, Edge Rusher, ILB, QB though
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I agree completely but to play devils advocate Jalen can play Corner and we could use help there. Corner is no where near the same need as OL, DL, Edge Rusher, ILB, QB though

He can play any position in the backfield but the consensus seems to be that he's best suited at safety. That said, I wouldn't be mad if the 49ers took him, like Jaylon Smith he is incredibly versatile and will be a playmaker wherever you play him at.

"He's being evaluated at both spots, but the strong feeling is that his playmaking ability is best served as a safety, where his speed and size will allow him to best match tight ends, and slot receivers (big and small)," the scout said. "He's a good tackler, too." NFL.com's Lance Zierlein believes the proliferation of pass-catching tight ends in the NFL might make Ramsey a valued defensive chess piece at safety. The 6-foot-1, 204-pounder is an ace cover man too, of course.
Yeah agreed he is far more dynamic at Safety I'm guessing he will be playing for the Ravens next season.
We got 4 good safeties. There is no need for other one. BPA is a good way to draft players but you have to understand your roster and don't draft players that will not play.
He might be a possibility if the 9ers had an inventive DC who used a 3-3-5 type of alignment. Tartt is almost linebacker sized, and Ramsey hits like a linebacker. Reid is more of a coverage guy, and Ward is a nickel/dime player. There would be some interesting matchups if an opposing offense had to deal with Tartt or Ramsey blitzing every second play from the defensive backfield.

That said, I can see Ramsey as the best pure football player in the draft.
[ Edited by GreatGabbert on Dec 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
He might be a possibility if the 9ers had an inventive DC who used a 3-3-5 type of alignment. Tartt is almost linebacker sized, and Ramsey hits like a linebacker. Reid is more of a coverage guy, and Ward is a nickel/dime player. There would be some interesting matchups if an opposing offense had to deal with Tartt or Ramsey blitzing every second play from the defensive backfield.

That said, I can see Ramsey as the best pure football player in the draft.

If our DC really wants to use a 3-3-5 we don't need to draft Ramsey because we already have 4 very good safeties.
I forgot Bethea, although he's getting up there in years and I don't know how long you could count on him. I don't think there is a great likelihood of the 9ers drafting Ramsey, but he's going to be a heck of a player in the league.
[ Edited by GreatGabbert on Dec 14, 2015 at 2:53 PM ]

With Smith's injury, Ramsey looks like more of a top 5 lock. I don't see how the Cowboys pass him up.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
With Smith's injury, Ramsey looks like more of a top 5 lock. I don't see how the Cowboys pass him up.

If he fell to the 49ers, they might seriously have to consider taking him. He looks like an absolute future star at safety or a pretty damn good CB. Still don't think they'd use a 4th straight high draft pick on a safety type player but if Ramsey turned out to be like an Ed Reed sort of talent, I doubt anyone would give a damn in the long run. They could go with a Ramsey/Tartt backfield for the future, or they could move Ramsey to CB, eitherway he'd be an instant starter.
We do not have an ELITE safety on this team at this point. If he's elite than why not snag him? We need studs, we currently have guys that are being toasted or cannot tackle.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
200 lb men do not long jump 26 feet.

Freak.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the question is..

is this kid an Eric Berry, an Ed Reed, Troy Palamalu or the late Sean Taylor??
Share 49ersWebzone