LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 363 users in the forums

Jalen Ramsey CB LA Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if drafted with the 7th overall... would you start him at the FS or LCB???
Originally posted by 9moon:

Corner. Reid is a better FS than Brock is CB, IMO

Start him at Corner until Reid's contract is up then move him to safety and thank 35 for his services.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Start him at Corner until Reid's contract is up then move him to safety and thank 35 for his services.

I think you choose what position you would want him to play and stick by it. You would like for Ramsey to play cornerback because there's more value to that, but he could be the next Ed Reed and make a greater impact at FS a lot sooner.

Personally I'd play him at free safety
Originally posted by YungAce:
I think you choose what position you would want him to play and stick by it. You would like for Ramsey to play cornerback because there's more value to that, but he could be the next Ed Reed and make a greater impact at FS a lot sooner.

No doubt Ramsey is better suited for Free Safety. I just couldn't justify saying bench/trade Eric Reid.
Originally posted by YungAce:

No doubt Ramsey is better suited for Free Safety. I just couldn't justify saying bench/trade Eric Reid.

Or just pair him and Reid at safety, have Tartt go back to the LB role on passing downs and keep Ward at slot. Then eventually move Ward to safety with Ramsey
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:11 PM ]
Question? Vernon or Ramsy at CB, who would you choose? I really Vernon, that's why I ask and would like some of the fellas opinions. Thanks
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Question? Vernon or Ramsy at CB, who would you choose? I really Vernon, that's why I ask and would like some of the fellas opinions. Thanks

Ramsey. I'm a Gator fan but Ramsey's size, length, measurables, ball skills and physicality are all better than Vernon, IMO
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Ramsey is compared to Reid. Reid was playing similar to Ramsey for colleges.

Eric Reid or Ed Reed. He is very much like Ed Reed.

Eric Reid is compared to him. I think, Ed Reed is very good for reached and good to read, good coverage and good tackle than Reid. If Reid is good coverage? Then Reid should move to CB.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Feb 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Damn if we didnt have a plethora of dbs I would love to trade up for this guy. Hes gonna be a star.

Trade for him. I'd rather have one all pro for a decade than a plethora of guys.

I fully endorse this pick... ( Combine = Rekt )

I was riding hard for my draft crush Mackensie, but you can't ignore the tape/numbers. (Combine just made this boy rich)

Versatile as hell & isn't afraid to hit... Take the the best player on the board (Jalen Ramsey*****)
Ramsey scored 99th percentile in the SPARQ Hargreaves 98th

Good DB group
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Good DB group

Damn. Awfully enticing for a team without a legit #1 CB (cough, cough, niners... cough)
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Good DB group

In high school? Much less relevant than the numbers they just put up at the combine, but it makes sense that they were athletic in high school too.

Ramsey is a special athlete, Hargreaves is explosive with elite quickness but doesn't have as much straight line speed. I think Hargreaves is a reach at 7 with all the other prospects available because he doesn't have great size or length. He's got Joe Haden type quickness, but he's 5'10 with short arms and small hands (Haden has him in arm length by over 2 inches). No chance Ramsey makes it to 7. Hargreaves will be there, but I don't think we should pick him.
I'm always a sucker for elite Defensive talent. Offense players can be schemed in but elite talent on defense is a nightmare for the opposing teams.
Share 49ersWebzone