LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 314 users in the forums

Looks Like San Diego gave Sherman Some Work Today ;)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
dick sherman is a f**king loser. his team gets worked, his DEFENSE gets worked, and all he can talk about after the game is "well i only gave up 3 catches! no TD's! no big plays! *I* wasn't the one who let the chargers score a touchdown! *I* wasn't the one who gave up big plays! so don't pin this loss on me!"

what a bum

Actually the first thing he said post game was :

Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25

Great effort today! Gotta fix some things and get ready for Denver.

He didn't start running his mouth until the haters and Keenan Allen started saying he was exposed vs SD which is largely untrue. Sherman tweeted but once on the comments after the game and answered the media questions when they approached him after his tweet.

From PFF on Sherman's performance vs SD :

Richard Sherman, CB, +0.9

Breakdown: This was far from Sherman's best performance. In fact, Keenan Allen appeared to my eyes to give him more trouble than any receiver I can think of since Stevie Johnson back in 2012. The word 'exposed' was used a few times by people but that is pretty hyperbolic for a performance that saw him targeted six times but surrender just 54 yards and no scores.

Signature Play: Q2, 8:51. This is the play that caused the talk. On 3rd-and-5 Keenan Allen is able to turn Sherman around and gain an easy first down.

From Mike Sando :

Pro Football Focus registered six targets against Sherman, but the defensive coach I consulted counted four times when Sherman was at the point of attack in coverage. The Chargers completed passes for 42 yards on those four plays, with 27 of those yards after the catch. There were "traffic" issues on two of the plays, meaning the Chargers used route combinations to impede Sherman's ability to cover cleanly.

That was the case when Chargers tight end Antonio Gatesdrew Sherman away from Eddie Royal at the 5:35 mark of the third quarter. Royal pivoted and caught the ball 1 yard downfield. He gained another 15 yards after the catch.

"When Antonio Gates is running downfield and your guy is doing a shallow cross, everyone gets beat," the defensive coach said.

And Sando reached out to a vet QB, WR and Defensive coach for this :

If you are going to throw at Sherman, here's how to do it

If there were a way to expose Sherman, we probably would have seen someone do it by now.Stevie Johnson, then with Buffalo, enjoyed success against Sherman in 2012 by avoiding the jam near the line of scrimmage to get free releases. Last season, Indianapolis' T.Y. Hilton got free for a 73-yard touchdown against Seattle, but the Seahawks blew the assignment on that play.

"Sherman has a good thing going right now," the QB said. "He talks, he is abrasive, he is an intimidating corner. You don't want to get shown up. He has created a thing."

How to exploit Sherman? The QB, receiver and defensive coach described a set of circumstances that could make Sherman more vulnerable, at least:

• Get Seattle on the road. Crowd noise reduces the offensive menu. It helps defensive linemen gain advantages at the snap. Margins for error shrink. Veteran QBs operating in friendly environments have a better chance.

• Match confidence with confidence. A receiver with experience facing Sherman said the cornerback feeds off of getting a mental edge. "With him, you just have to have confidence," the receiver said. "He is going to talk. He will try to get you out of your game, and then you are playing his game."

• Wait until Seattle is in man coverage. There's no one-on-one matchup to exploit when a corner is responsible for a zone instead of an individual receiver. The Seahawks do put their corners in press coverage frequently, however.

• Use Sherman's size against him. Sherman stands 6-foot-3 and had the second-largest wingspan (78.25 inches) among the 35 corners measured at the scouting combine in 2011. His length can frustrate bigger receivers, who regularly see matchups against corners against whom they have a size advantage. So you're not likely to out-size him, making your best shot maybe to out-quick him. "If you can get him against someone with a lot of change-of-direction ability, he is not as good -- but that is true for every corner in the league," the defensive coach said.

• Use pick plays and rub routes. The Chargers did this a couple of times, and there's not much any corner can do when the offense is able to execute it. The Broncos seemed well-suited to accomplish this in the Super Bowl, but Seattle won physical matchups across the board, disrupting Peyton Manning and Denver's route running.

He might have a big mouth and talks a heap of trash but to date (and for the most part) he has backed his schtick up on the field and until teams can somewhat consistently prove otherwise, he will remain as one of the top defensive backs in the league. He didn't blame his teammates for the loss, he simply pointed out that he wasn't "exposed" or taken to school for 4 quarters. You're putting words in his mouth and or misconstruing his own words to use them against him. Yes he got beat on some plays, including some big first downs but all great players can be beat every now and then. It will be interesting to see how exactly the Harbaugh and Roman plan to attack the Seattle secondary and Sherman in particular later this year.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Sep 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
dick sherman is a f**king loser.

You're the one angry about something he said not even regarding your own team. Yet he's the one with a degree from Stanford, a bunch of fans, a SB ring, a fat paycheck from the Seahawks, Campbells, Microsoft, etc. And also due to his I'll use the word colorful personality, will also be pretty much guaranteed a pretty good paying job with the media as an analyst after he's done playing. But no, you're right..he's the loser, not all of us internet keyboard warriors.

Although I'm a Seahawk fan and before you go ballistic because of it. I get it, I understand how Sherman can really piss off a lot of people. But if you want him to go away, you need to give him the Lindsey Lohan/Paris Hilton Treatment. You see that article front page of ESPN that says "Sherman ....." Don't click it. You stop talking about him, you stop reading about him, don't contribute to threads like this. When he is no longer something that gets attention/clicks=$$$ for the media. Then he will go away. There are plenty of other players out there that say tons of crap too, but the reason it's not on the front page is because no one cares what they think. Stop caring, and it'll stop being brought up.

On a side note, I do think it's funny how he is calling Allen 'little'. Because when it comes down to it. Richard Sherman piggy backed his whole media attention by calling out Tom Brady. So in a way, he did the same thing when he was a 'little' CB. Oh well gotta start somewhere.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Sep 19, 2014 at 8:35 AM ]
I highly doubt Richard Sherman is exposed. I still expect QBs to avoid throwing his way or suffer severe consequences. With that said, I do hope that the 49ers will stack the Seattle defense in a way that keeps them on their heels and back peddling. We have the weapons to do it, more so than any other team than I believe. We just need to take advantage.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I was at the Chargers game and didn't he give up a TD in the corner of the EZ?

The Chargers had no hesitation to go after him and it looked like RS tried to play by the rules (to his credit). The game plan by the Chargers is the EAXCT one I've been preaching since Alex was here...dink/dunk (find the holes) and get the CB's moving across the field (laterally, they are slow with their sizes and can't turn as fluid) and RUN right at them. Take your calculated shots deep.

What the hell were you doing at the Seahawks game

I wasn't at a Hawk game, I was at a Chargers game...rooting for a home-team. Hehe (for selfish reasons). Too bad my team let me down later that night! Arg!!!!

The Chargers had no hesitation to go after him and it looked like RS tried to play by the rules (to his credit). The game plan by the Chargers is the EAXCT one I've been preaching since Alex was here...dink/dunk (find the holes) and get the CB's moving across the field (laterally, they are slow with their sizes and can't turn as fluid) and RUN right at them. Take your calculated shots deep.

I wasn't at a Hawk game, I was at a Chargers game...rooting for a home-team. Hehe (for selfish reasons). Too bad my team let me down later that night! Arg!!!!

I understand the whole enemy of my enemy is my friend concept. But why would you waste money to go to a game that your team was not playing in? It'd be like a Chargers fan going to Levis to watch the Niners play the Broncos, and then root for the Niners. Just seems really random, and a waste of money.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Aaron Rodgers told Sherman that he hoped he'd get some work in the future after not throwing a single pass to his side of the field. Sherman must have started believing the hype.

Today, Philip Rivers went straight after him and made some plays that made him look silly. And it was very sweet. Now all this bs talk about the Seahawks going 16-0 can go away. What was funny is that some of the people on the Webzone were predicting that they'd run the table. Preposterous.

Was he beat for a TD?

Not directly, but he had a s**tty game by any measure. Surely for "the best corner" in the game, this is unacceptable.

Oh okay so he didn't allow a TD.

Does it matter? He did allow drives to extend, resulting in scores.

he allowed like 3 passes. big deal
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaghawk:

I understand the whole enemy of my enemy is my friend concept. But why would you waste money to go to a game that your team was not playing in? It'd be like a Chargers fan going to Levis to watch the Niners play the Broncos, and then root for the Niners. Just seems really random, and a waste of money.

If your a fan of professional football and not just a fan of your team, why wouldn't you go ? To me it is not a waste of money because of my love of the game, but I also get that to each their own.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by zaghawk:

If your a fan of professional football and not just a fan of your team, why wouldn't you go ? To me it is not a waste of money because of my love of the game, but I also get that to each their own.

Agree. How is going to any NFL game a waste of money if you enjoy going to NFL games? I go to games that are not the Rams, including Charger games. I prefer to go to Rams games, but also love going to NFL games in general.

Last year I went to the Detroit @ Philly major snow game, and it was awesome. Going to Panthers @ NO this year, and I'm sure that will be fun as well.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Aaron Rodgers told Sherman that he hoped he'd get some work in the future after not throwing a single pass to his side of the field. Sherman must have started believing the hype.

Today, Philip Rivers went straight after him and made some plays that made him look silly. And it was very sweet. Now all this bs talk about the Seahawks going 16-0 can go away. What was funny is that some of the people on the Webzone were predicting that they'd run the table. Preposterous.

Was he beat for a TD?

Not directly, but he had a s**tty game by any measure. Surely for "the best corner" in the game, this is unacceptable.

It was a big deal the minute he started running his mouth as the self proclaimed shut down corner he isn't.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/179575-looks-san-diego-gave-sherman-some-work-today/page5/#HEiUS0hcAMGVErwh.99

are you like 12 years old or something ? sports is entertainment, its not a gang war.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/179575-looks-san-diego-gave-sherman-some-work-today/page5/#HEiUS0hcAMGVErwh.99

are you like 12 years old or something ? sports is entertainment, its not a gang war.

I go to seattle games every year, and its not always a 49er game. I live just outside of WA on the idaho side of the border so most of my family are Cawk fans. I still go to the games with them because spending time with family is fun, and even if im not watching a 9er game at the Clink, i still get the good rivalry harrassment that i would expect. Its a fun time.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Was he beat for a TD?

It was a big deal the minute he started running his mouth as the self proclaimed shut down corner he isn't.

i know but still, he didnt get owned really in the chargers game.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
How is richard sherman not being fined for taunting players after a loss? He does this EVERY GAME. Hes always in the QBs face or a receiver or something. Kaep gets fined for saying something in the heat of the game when youre SUPPOSED to be intense, but after the game, you are just a f**king punk b***h if youre in someones face, and you should be fined heftily.
Originally posted by THEB:
How is richard sherman not being fined for taunting players after a loss? He does this EVERY GAME. Hes always in the QBs face or a receiver or something. Kaep gets fined for saying something in the heat of the game when youre SUPPOSED to be intense, but after the game, you are just a f**king punk b***h if youre in someones face, and you should be fined heftily.

Very true. I think it's funny that this guy doesn't have to abide by the same rules as everyone else.
Share 49ersWebzone