LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

NFLN top 100 players - 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
dude...if you wouldn't trade Kap for Luck straight up, well, let's just say I don't want to get a warning.

Throw me on that list also.

I would not trade Colin Kaepernick for Andrew Luck.

I would. Without batting an eye.
Originally posted by denali22:
wonder if bowman will beat willis this year

He should. That man was playing lights out. I still think if he didn't get hurt he scoops up that botched handoff by Wilson and Lunch on the next play and takes it to the house.

He was having that kind of year.

Oh wells.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He should. That man was playing lights out. I still think if he didn't get hurt he scoops up that botched handoff by Wilson and Lunch on the next play and takes it to the house.

Oh wells.

Interesting thing though is that despite playing fewer games, PFF ranked Willis several spots higher than Bowman on their Top 101 list. I think Willis @24, Bowman @31.

It could very well be that Bowman makes more of the splash plays, and Willis is just more consistently solid and makes less errors.

Also to put all of this into more perspective, the DPOY, media's favorite new MLB Luke Keuchly was ranked rather low, like 50 or 60 (maybe lower). A few big games can sway perspective it seems.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on May 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Oh wells.

You realize that if he didn't get hurt, the chances of that next play going down as a fumbled handoff are extremely low. I never got why people assumed the future stays constant when the past is modified.

It's almost like saying if the Bowman fumble recovery was called correctly, there would still be a 4th down conversion to Gore and a Sherman tipped INT to end the game.
dude...if you wouldn't trade Kap for Luck straight up, well, let's just say I don't want to get a warning.

Well that's dumb. Luck's one of the best QBs in the league even at his age.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Well that's dumb. Luck's one of the best QBs in the league even at his age.

Luck is a very good QB but his detractors are pointing out 7 INTs in the playoffs against two less than spectacular defenses as something to question.....

When he was a rookie and the team was s****, I gave him a pass. Now, a bit less so.

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

A. Luck was the #1 draft pick for a reason. CK took an NFCCG team to the Super Bowl. Luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs. We all love our QBs but lets not be too silly about it.
Romo ranked 10 spots ahead of Kaepernick. *Ducks*
Luck over Kaep. Period. Anyone who thinks different is crazy. I'm not giving Kaep too much credit, we have the most talented roster in the league. Even Alex took us a fumble away from the Super Bowl. Kaep is supremely talented, but you win Super Bowls by making clutch throws from the pocket, not running around like Crazy Legs Hirsch.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if bowman isn't in the top 10, i will murder a seahawks fan.

Originally posted by T-9ers:
Luck over Kaep. Period. Anyone who thinks different is crazy. I'm not giving Kaep too much credit, we have the most talented roster in the league. Even Alex took us a fumble away from the Super Bowl. Kaep is supremely talented, but you win Super Bowls by making clutch throws from the pocket, not running around like Crazy Legs Hirsch.

Elroy was a HB and a Flanker. And Kap would have ran circles around him. lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

A. Luck was the #1 draft pick for a reason. CK took an NFCCG team to the Super Bowl. Luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs. We all love our QBs but lets not be too silly about it.

Yeah and Tim Couch, David Carr, JaMarcus Russell & Sam Bradford were #1 overall picks as well. So lets not use where someone was drafted as a reason they are a better football player. In the 3 years before going 2-14 the Colts won 36 games so people need to stop acting like he is single-handedly winning games.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Remind me. Who won the last super bowl, and who played QB for them?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Elroy was a HB and a Flanker. And Kap would have ran circles around him. lol

Who said Crazy Legs wasn't a runningback? Point is a QB don't need to do all that running if they got enough game from the pocket.
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 22, 2014 at 12:37 AM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

OK, I will remind you. Russell Wilson, the QB who people around here seem to think is a short little freak with no skills, but if you look at my posts from over a year ago, I had predicted he would win a Super Bowl before Kaepernick. Not because I think he is more talented, but because I felt he was smarter and will play within his system, not blowing his teams chances at winning a close game between the two. One difference between the two is Russell uses his scrambling abilities to set up throws down field, like that one b******t TD pass in the playoffs, whereas Kaep uses his scrambling to try to take it to the house. People think Kaep can rewrite the way the game is played, I don't, championship QB's throw the ball from the pocket and let the receivers do the running.
Share 49ersWebzone