LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

NFLN top 100 players - 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352959/article/patrick-peterson-richard-sherman-overhyped

I guess he didn't vote Sherman too high on this list. Now I want to see what the players think of the two
The players hate Sherman, it doesn't matter what he does, they won't have him higher than PP. But if the Niners had a choice of playing the Hags or the Tards I am taking the Tards everytime. PP gets owned by Crabs. Kaep seems to have more trouble with the Loudmouth.
This list used to excite me when it first came out. Not quite the case anymore. Theres too many good players in the NFL to narrow it down to a top 100. Although, I will admit I love seeing our guys get the national recognition they deserve.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So you're saying that Kap was finding the open guy, putting it in his hands but the WRs were dropping all the passes or not making plays? Yeah, we're watching different games or you're not being clear.

I think I'm being pretty clear.
Nobody was getting open, or at least I felt like that. Lots of our guys sat in their routes multiple times.
Vernon was non-existent, Boldin couldn't find any separation to save his life. Crabs did ok.
Where was our run game?

Throw luck in that situation and he will lay an egg.
Kaep kept us in it.

Not going to dig through film...but there's a catalog of open receivers that Kap didn't hit.
Not going to dig through film...but there's a catalog of open receivers that Kap didn't hit.

There is a catalog for every QB that every played a full game lol.
The only bad one was Patton on the last play. Other than that he pretty much had to squeeze every single pass for 4 quarters.
He played amazing until that last part.

I suggest when you get some time check out the film, trust me its not as much Kap's fault as you would think. (not saying he didn't do anything wrong either)

There is a catalog for every QB that every played a full game lol.
The only bad one was Patton on the last play. Other than that he pretty much had to squeeze every single pass for 4 quarters.
He played amazing until that last part.

I suggest when you get some time check out the film, trust me its not as much Kap's fault as you would think. (not saying he didn't do anything wrong either)

If there was a catalog, then that means that WRs were getting open and he just didn't see it or chose not to throw to them.
If there was a catalog, then that means that WRs were getting open and he just didn't see it or chose not to throw to them.

I don't think you understood my post.

I am saying that there is a catalog of WR whom are left open for every QB that has ever played a full game of football.
Nobody is perfect.

I don't think you understood my post.

I am saying that there is a catalog of WR whom are left open for every QB that has ever played a full game of football.
Nobody is perfect.

Oh, I got your point. I was trying to point out your earlier post where you said the WRs weren't getting open, now you're saying they were.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
dude...if you wouldn't trade Kap for Luck straight up, well, let's just say I don't want to get a warning.

Throw me on that list also.

I would not trade Colin Kaepernick for Andrew Luck.

I would. Without batting an eye.

A. Luck was the #1 draft pick for a reason. CK took an NFCCG team to the Super Bowl. Luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs. We all love our QBs but lets not be too silly about it.

And that same two win team had a winning record just a year prior.
dude...if you wouldn't trade Kap for Luck straight up, well, let's just say I don't want to get a warning.

+1

I have faith Kap will be better than Luck when it is all said n done.It aint how you start,its how you finish.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on May 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

I would. Without batting an eye.

A. Luck was the #1 draft pick for a reason. CK took an NFCCG team to the Super Bowl. Luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs. We all love our QBs but lets not be too silly about it.

And that same two win team had a winning record just a year prior.

Yeah with Peyton Manning as their QB...2010 they had 10 wins with Peyton Manning, 2011 they had 2 wins without him. 2012 they had 11 wins with Andrew Luck. That's impressive on Andrew Luck's part.

Yeah with Peyton Manning as their QB...2010 they had 10 wins with Peyton Manning, 2011 they had 2 wins without him. 2012 they had 11 wins with Andrew Luck. That's impressive on Andrew Luck's part.

I have to agree with this. The 2010 Colts were a rapidly declining team as it was. They won 10 games but it was mainly on the strength of Peyton.

Luck taking them to 11-5 in his rookie year with a new coach/GM, role players was very impressive.

Kaepernick and Wilson are in a better place to have success in the early parts of their career, though.

The ONLY reason the 2011 colts were a 2 win team was because of Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins.
Replace those guys with an average QB and you are pretty close to a playoff team.

People who give Luck credit for the 2011 season and the Colt's turnaround have no idea what they are talking about.

If he were drafted onto the Jags, or Raiders at that time, who had bigger needs other than QB then I would probaly agree with you.
But that isn't the case.
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]

The ONLY reason the 2011 colts were a 2 win team was because of Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins.
Replace those guys with an average QB and you are pretty close to a playoff team.

People who give Luck credit for the 2011 season and the Colt's turnaround have no idea what they are talking about.

If he were drafted onto the Jags, or Raiders at that time, who had bigger needs other than QB then I would probaly agree with you.
But that isn't the case.

Manning was able to get 10..and an average QB could make that team nearly a play-off team? So you're saying that Peyton is just an above average QB? Following your logic, because you pretty much need a 9-7 record to be almost a play-off team.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352959/article/patrick-peterson-richard-sherman-overhyped

I guess he didn't vote Sherman too high on this list. Now I want to see what the players think of the two
The players hate Sherman, it doesn't matter what he does, they won't have him higher than PP. But if the Niners had a choice of playing the Hags or the Tards I am taking the Tards everytime. PP gets owned by Crabs. Kaep seems to have more trouble with the Loudmouth.

It's not hard to defend the pass against Kaepernick. That's what She-man has figured out. Just shadow the number one option, be it Crabtree, VD or Boldin. You could leave the running backs and number 3 receiver wide open and Kaepernick won't pass to them.
Surprised to hear some would take CK over Luck. Andrew Luck is going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer when all is said and done. Ultimately, accuracy is essential for a top tier QB. Luck has that going for him already. Not sure CK will ever get there. Great athlete, big arm, but accuracy is where I think CK is going to struggle to reach the top tier.
Share 49ersWebzone