LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 203 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Here's to hoping he becomes a valuable rotation piece in the secondary...
Even when Sherm and Spoon are starting over him, and even if Williams keeps the slot job (or DJ Reed takes it from him), having Ward be the next guy onto the field in certain situations sounds pretty nice to me. Obviously having 5 or 6 DBs that can really play is not a bad thing. And we may end up in some shootouts where we'll be happy to have a group of good DBs... Really excited about all our DBs this year actually...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by LVJay:
He'll get a paper cut on his butthole after going number two, that will keep him on the bench for a very long time #BookIt

Football players don't miss games for paper cuts. You must be confusing them for basketball players.

Lol... the cut might tear him a new affhole tho.

BB players will miss time for a mere runny nose
i will never understand the so called logic. well we have the money so its ok to keep him around. he does jack for us. even when healthy. that is a poor poor excuse. of course.. my opinion is invalid on this since i never played secondary and i just can not whip up 8 guys we can sign instead of jimmy but thats beside the point
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i will never understand the so called logic. well we have the money so its ok to keep him around. he does jack for us. even when healthy. that is a poor poor excuse. of course.. my opinion is invalid on this since i never played secondary and i just can not whip up 8 guys we can sign instead of jimmy but thats beside the point

Would you prefer we cut him today and sign someone else to take his roster spot? Because that logic sees you still paying Ward for 2018 and paying whoever else you sign to take his roster spot.

he holds value in that he can play every position in the secondary. Sucks that they dropped the 5th yr option on him and I don't think he's worth $8.8 million but it's not a LT deal and isn't gonna hurt SF beyond this yr.
So far his career has been a huge disappointment relative to his talent. Between chronic injuries and constant moving of position, he hasn't gotten a chance to develop. I'm confident if he can stay healthy from here on out he can thrive.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Would you prefer we cut him today and sign someone else to take his roster spot? Because that logic sees you still paying Ward for 2018 and paying whoever else you sign to take his roster spot.

why not,. we have the money to pay him and then find someone halfway decent to come in. lynch boxed himself into this ward corner. telling us last year he will be a cornerstone of the defense and now again here we go again
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

why not,. we have the money to pay him and then find someone halfway decent to come in. lynch boxed himself into this ward corner. telling us last year he will be a cornerstone of the defense and now again here we go again

Like Ward ? Because he has been that. He has not been bad or terrible by any stretch which is why they picked up his 5th year option last spring before he had even put pads on for this staff, there was enough on tape to justify that for them.

Also do you have a link or source for Lynch calling Ward a cornerstone because I do not recall him calling him that.
Lol, Ward got hurt again and sat out the team portion of practice.

I'm thinking glass is too sturdy a nickname. Any other nickname thoughts?
Originally posted by jonnydel:

He actually just worked his way back and was doing individual drills. He was out prior doe with a minor ankle deal.

lol

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

He actually just worked his way back and was doing individual drills. He was out prior doe with a minor ankle deal.
That's what I was meaning. It's like the reporters have an auto add to all their articles on practice notes, "Ward sat out due to a _______ injury"

i was hoping he could make it a little longer to gain enough value to trade
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

That's what I was meaning. It's like the reporters have an auto add to all their articles on practice notes, "Ward sat out due to a _______ injury"

Good reps for Moore... Don't trip
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
evils boy is just not going to make it
Share 49ersWebzone