There are 99 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He'll get a paper cut on his butthole after going number two, that will keep him on the bench for a very long time #BookIt
Originally posted by LVJay:
He'll get a paper cut on his butthole after going number two, that will keep him on the bench for a very long time #BookIt

Football players don't miss games for paper cuts. You must be confusing them for basketball players.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Anybody wanna guess what his average salary was/is yearly if you combine all 5 years?

It will be about 15 total over 5 years after this season. He has at least one start at every position in the defensive backfield and has played in 42 out of 64 games to date.

Not a whole lot that showed up on the stats sheet, but he has shown some on film which combined with his versatility is why his 5th year was picked up.

Yeah I just wanted to make a point 3 mill average salary isnt bad at all
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Anybody wanna guess what his average salary was/is yearly if you combine all 5 years?

It will be about 15 total over 5 years after this season. He has at least one start at every position in the defensive backfield and has played in 42 out of 64 games to date.

Not a whole lot that showed up on the stats sheet, but he has shown some on film which combined with his versatility is why his 5th year was picked up.

Health, health and health has always been the headache when talking about Ward. If he stays healthy and performs, would welcome him with open arms but if he can't last 6 games just chalk Ward up as a loss and give his spot to someone that can contribute.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Health, health and health has always been the headache when talking about Ward. If he stays healthy and performs, would welcome him with open arms but if he can't last 6 games just chalk Ward up as a loss and give his spot to someone that can contribute.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
He's nothing more than an undersized safety that they are trying to make a corner. If he can stay on the field, they should use him the way the Rams use LaMarcus Joyner.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Getting moved from slot to safety to outside corner is probably not the best thing for his development as a player.
Originally posted by Andra:
Getting moved from slot to safety to outside corner is probably not the best thing for his development as a player.

"versatile"
Originally posted by Heed49er:

"versatile"

He's so overrated.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Heed49er:

"versatile"

He's so overrated.

I don't know if he is overrated. I know that if he can't stay healthy then he's not much help to the team. But he must be pretty good if his 5th year option was picked up and they let Reid walk. Dude has some skills but his progress will be slowed if they keep switching his position. I seem to remember Kyle saying the exact thing before the start of last season that switching a player's position is not fair for thier development. I'll look to see if I can find the link

He is being paid for his versatility and insurance on Sherman this year. They have the money to do it. He can play all DB positions, maybe not SS, better than any other 2nd tier player on the team. For me, he's worth the money this year but I don't think they will resign him for next year.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tommyncal:
He is being paid for his versatility and insurance on Sherman this year. They have the money to do it. He can play all DB positions, maybe not SS, better than any other 2nd tier player on the team. For me, he's worth the money this year but I don't think they will resign him for next year.

FWIW he has one start at SS. IIRC it was week 17 in 2015.

Pretty much this.

FWIW he has one start at SS. IIRC it was week 17 in 2015.

I went back and watched a lot of Jimmie Ward college stuff when I was on the Hooker train. By far, Ward's best plays, the ones that made me go came when he was either playing over hang (not a position in th NFL) and Box Safety. In this scheme, his best spot is SS.

But he'll get crushed there and go on IR, so
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Jun 2, 2018 at 11:55 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Football players don't miss games for paper cuts. You must be confusing them for basketball players.

Lol... the cut might tear him a new affhole tho.

BB players will miss time for a mere runny nose
Share 49ersWebzone