LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 205 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Ward injured yet?

We should trade AA and Ward and 4th round by Lions for Golden Tate #WR.. just do it..

Seems a little much for Tate but he would be a great addition to our team. He would thrive hard in our system

I know. Relax.. just trust me. Tate is very good player talent. 4th round is nothing but i dont mind that we can trade AA and ward and 4th round for lions by golden tate. Dont worry about it. We need add him our big good grade. Trust me bro
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 26, 2018 at 11:04 AM ]
Damn, just in:
Ward sneezed and broke two ribs..
Dude just can't catch a break
I know he is barely on the field but WHEN healthy, I think he is pretty damn good. Sure he had one bad game against marshall as a rookie, but he is a physical hitter and has good ball skills.

I think he just needs to get bigger.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I know he is barely on the field but WHEN healthy, I think he is pretty damn good. Sure he had one bad game against marshall as a rookie, but he is a physical hitter and has good ball skills.

I think he just needs to get bigger.

He's just NEVER heathy
Update: Jimmie Ward reported to the team he re-ripped his hamstring sitting down to watch the draft on NFLN.
I can't believe he's still on the team.
Reading about how out of place Ward looked at OTAs. He was the shortes DB. Wards not one of my favorites, but thinking about the new look of our towing DBs.

Wards size may give him an advantage that will keep him on the roster.

He is a adaquite but not stellar back up at all positions in the backfield, but it is his lack of size that might be his biggest asset.

With some of these small quick slot receivers, around the league, he has place on the roster.

When a TE, RB, or larger receiver is in the slot, he's pretty useless, but again situationally he could be just the right fit.that along with his versatility means he has pretty good chance to stick around.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Reading about how out of place Ward looked at OTAs. He was the shortes DB. Wards not one of my favorites, but thinking about the new look of our towing DBs.

Wards size may give him an advantage that will keep him on the roster.

He is a adaquite but not stellar back up at all positions in the backfield, but it is his lack of size that might be his biggest asset.

With some of these small quick slot receivers, around the league, he has place on the roster.

When a TE, RB, or larger receiver is in the slot, he's pretty useless, but again situationally he could be just the right fit.that along with his versatility means he has pretty good chance to stick around.

i said this in another thread I will reserve judgement about all the OTA news coming out, positive or negative. But I won't be surprised if Ward gets cut, even with his hefty salary. We brought in a lot of DBs this year so someone might take over his spot.
Unless someone gets injured, I doubt he makes it passed the preseason.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on May 31, 2018 at 11:41 AM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Unless someone gets injured, I doubt he makes it passed the preseason.

Are you talking about his health or do you think we'll just cut him? Pretty sure his money is guaranteed now, if you meant the latter.

Anybody wanna guess what his average salary was/is yearly if you combine all 5 years?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Anybody wanna guess what his average salary was/is yearly if you combine all 5 years?

whatever it is. he is not worth the paper that its printed on in my opinion
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

It will be about 15 total over 5 years after this season. He has at least one start at every position in the defensive backfield and has played in 42 out of 64 games to date.

Not a whole lot that showed up on the stats sheet, but he has shown some on film which combined with his versatility is why his 5th year was picked up.
I have been quietly hoping that someone like the Browns, who have tons of cap space, and a need in the secondary, would be willing to take him on for like a 2019 7th round pick. We can shave the 8.5 million of Ward off our books, and roll it over to next year, where we can have that much more money to play with in FA. A penny saved is a penny earned. 8.5 million is a lot of money. If no one would take Ward off our hands, I still think he makes our 53, just for his position versatility alone.
Originally posted by cciowa:
whatever it is. he is not worth the paper that its printed on in my opinion

Chihuahua it's not like we have cap issues. Hafley, Lynch and Shanahan forgot more about football than you will ever know. Facts.( a thing that is indisputably the case)
Share 49ersWebzone