There are 189 users in the forums

Russell Wilson to play spring ball with the Texas Rangers...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 12thfan:
WOW there is a whole lotta jeslousy in this thread. Pretty hilarious really.

Yup we wish we could claim stolen creativity as our own.

Did you hear about our new terrible towels? We purchased a license from the steelers to use it. Pretty cool huh? Jealous?

I also wish we could go back in time abd have only one title. Totally jelly!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 12thfan:
WOW there is a whole lotta jeslousy in this thread. Pretty hilarious really.

Yup we wish we could claim stolen creativity as our own.

Did you hear about our new terrible towels? We purchased a license from the steelers to use it. Pretty cool huh? Jealous?

I also wish we could go back in time abd have only one title. Totally jelly!

really comical. wwe've been of the same opinion on the seahawks for years, but now since they just won a title its coming from jealousy? uh ok, then why we been saying the samethings in reagrds to them for over a decade?
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM ]
Whats the negative against the 12th man?

No one has it better than you, so why the need to be such a meany?

Seattle fans create opportunities for their team by bringing extreme noise. Do the fans play in the game? No. Are the fans part of the franchise? No. Do the fans of all teams us the "we" more times then not when they mention their team and the on goings of the team? Yes. Why do fans do that? Because they do feel apart of the team since they invest time and effort.

Such as post of "Who do "WE" target if Whitner leaves in FA."

The negative seems to be because the Seahawks and the Fans have decided to embrace a tradition the "12th" man.

Are Seattle fans greater then another teams fans? Impossible to tell. Do Seattle fans impact home games more than any other teams fans? It would seem considering opposing players will mention on occasion that this stadium is louder then any they have played in while in the NFL. While maybe not game changing it does have an effect based on the amount of teams that start no huddle vs us when first on offense. (Niners included)

Basically it boils down to this.

It only matters because both teams are good.

Here is to looking forward to 2014 and the 3 great games these teams will play vs each other.
Originally posted by Brahn:
Whats the negative against the 12th man?

No one has it better than you, so why the need to be such a meany?

Seattle fans create opportunities for their team by bringing extreme noise. Do the fans play in the game? No. Are the fans part of the franchise? No. Do the fans of all teams us the "we" more times then not when they mention their team and the on goings of the team? Yes. Why do fans do that? Because they do feel apart of the team since they invest time and effort.

Such as post of "Who do "WE" target if Whitner leaves in FA."

The negative seems to be because the Seahawks and the Fans have decided to embrace a tradition the "12th" man.

Are Seattle fans greater then another teams fans? Impossible to tell. Do Seattle fans impact home games more than any other teams fans? It would seem considering opposing players will mention on occasion that this stadium is louder then any they have played in while in the NFL. While maybe not game changing it does have an effect based on the amount of teams that start no huddle vs us when first on offense. (Niners included)

Basically it boils down to this.

It only matters because both teams are good.

Here is to looking forward to 2014 and the 3 great games these teams will play vs each other.

theres nothing negative about being a passionate fan base. its just when you use someone else's nickname and pay them money to use it that is funny to us. its not an indictment of your crowd not being loud, more an indictment on having no originality.
Originally posted by crabman82:
theres nothing negative about being a passionate fan base. its just when you use someone else's nickname and pay them money to use it that is funny to us. its not an indictment of your crowd not being loud, more an indictment on having no originality.

No originality?

What do the 49ers use in the same way the Hawks use the "12th Man"?

Nothing?

So you are more original because you are like the other 30 teams?

The San Francisco 49ers have issued a memo to game-goers reminding them to cheer with step-by-step instructions, just in case any of their season ticket-holders forgot how to be football fans.(You know basically, be more like Seattle)

the 49ers did this after the Rams had their famous "Ram Rules"

I would rather have my team be unoriginal while cheering and representing a number tied to an idea given to us by the TEAM, then to be unoriginal because we do not understand how or when to cheer and have to be given instructions by the TEAM on how to be a better fan.

Guilty as charged we are.

12th Man > Haters
[ Edited by Brahn on Mar 11, 2014 at 11:03 AM ]
Hey guys, let's be respectful to the Seahawks fans. The 12th man tradition is storied and dates back many years, all the way back to when they stole the idea from Texas A&M and were successfully sued over it.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Hey guys, let's be respectful to the Seahawks fans. The 12th man tradition is storied and dates back many years, all the way back to when they stole the idea from Texas A&M and were successfully sued over it.

Did anyone inform you on when to cheer after posting this? If not please check your mail as the team will be sending out instructions later.

p.s. I liked your post though, that is the correct way to stick it to Hawks fans if there ever was a reason to.
Originally posted by TheRambler:

You mean of course the way the Aggies stole it from the U of Minnesota who was using it in 1906?

Bt the way I'm on my cell or I could link you to a picture of Niner fans holding up a big red flag with a large case #12 right in the middle of it. Yes you guys do it to but just like the other 100plus teams that have used it you guys don't truly represent what the meaning of the 12th man means.
Originally posted by crabman82:

meh - originality is over-rated
What's truly original these days anyway?
(maybe my "innocent fan routine"? . . . . whatever that is )
Done here, pretty much.

Share 49ersWebzone