There are 160 users in the forums

Russell Wilson to play spring ball with the Texas Rangers...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It looks like this:

Barry Bonds wants his family crest back please.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I love how Cawk fans come out of the woodwork when something is said negatively about Russell Wilson on the Internet. It's like a giant bat signal for morons.

I'm not seeing anything negative

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/03/03/5616601/super-bowl-champ-russell-wilson.html

But Wilson wasn't able to showcase his ability in the Rangers-Indians game. He wanted to, of course, but the Rangers and Seahawks didn't want to risk an injury.

Instead, Wilson had to settle for early fielding drills using a pancake glove under the watchful eye of Ron Washington. Wilson then participated in the morning workout with the regulars, which included popup and double-play drills. Wilson received a rousing ovation from several Seahawks fans on hand every time he fielded a ball cleanly or turned a double play.

"He just won the Super Bowl," Beltre said. "He's bigger than life."

It was a circus-like scene most of the day for the latest Super Bowl winning quarterback. More fans arrived for his morning workout than did for Yu Darvish's first day two years ago.

:::

Wilson did have one concern.

"Hopefully the Dallas fans didn't get too mad," Wilson said, smiling. "It really is a special thing we have in Seattle. It was great."

::::

The biggest thing, however, were the intangibles Wilson had.

"His pregame effort, intensity stood out," Preller said. "It's definitely something you don't see everyday the way he goes about his business trying to get better everyday."

That's why the Rangers were compelled to draft Wilson. They knew he wouldn't give up a promising football career, but believed Wilson could still be a positive addition to the organization as a motivational speaker-type for the minor leaguers.

"He's very well spoken and knows what it takes to win," Matt Harrison said. "I would've figured some things out sooner than I did if I listened to someone like him in the minors."

[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I love how Cawk fans come out of the woodwork when something is said negatively about Russell Wilson on the Internet. It's like a giant bat signal for morons.

I'm not seeing anything negative

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/03/03/5616601/super-bowl-champ-russell-wilson.html

But Wilson wasn't able to showcase his ability in the Rangers-Indians game. He wanted to, of course, but the Rangers and Seahawks didn't want to risk an injury.

Instead, Wilson had to settle for early fielding drills using a pancake glove under the watchful eye of Ron Washington. Wilson then participated in the morning workout with the regulars, which included popup and double-play drills. Wilson received a rousing ovation from several Seahawks fans on hand every time he fielded a ball cleanly or turned a double play.

"He just won the Super Bowl," Beltre said. "He's bigger than life."

It was a circus-like scene most of the day for the latest Super Bowl winning quarterback. More fans arrived for his morning workout than did for Yu Darvish's first day two years ago.

:::

Wilson did have one concern.

"Hopefully the Dallas fans didn't get too mad," Wilson said, smiling. "It really is a special thing we have in Seattle. It was great."

The biggest thing, however, were the intangibles Wilson had.

"His pregame effort, intensity stood out," Preller said. "It's definitely something you don't see everyday the way he goes about his business trying to get better everyday."

That's why the Rangers were compelled to draft Wilson. They knew he wouldn't give up a promising football career, but believed Wilson could still be a positive addition to the organization as a motivational speaker-type for the minor leaguers.

"He's very well spoken and knows what it takes to win," Matt Harrison said. "I would've figured some things out sooner than I did if I listened to someone like him in the minors."

I'm prohibited from responding to these retarded posts so i just won't say anything.
Originally posted by Brahn:
It looks like this:

Barry Bonds wants his family crest back please.

Its in Sherman's ass. Maybe midget Wilson can crawl up in there and pull them out. He can say what's up to Browner while he is at it.
Its in Sherman's ass. Maybe midget Wilson can crawl up in there and pull them out. He can say what's up to Browner while he is at it.

And then they can all go and hang with Lombardi. He has been asking about you a lot lately. He wants to know why you never hang out any more? Was it something he did? He says you guys used to be like BFFs and hangout all the time. Says it has been over 20 years and he just wants to know if everything is okay.
[ Edited by Brahn on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM ]

And then they can all go and hang with Lombardi. He has been asking about you a lot lately. He wants to know why you never hang out any more? Was it something he did? He says you guys used to be like BFFs and hangout all the time. Says it has been over 20 years and he just wants to know if everything is okay.

Lombardi figured since we've already been there and done that 5 times, he wanted to hang out with some people who are not used to winning.
Lombardi figured since we've already been there and done that 5 times, he wanted to hang out with some people who are not used to winning.

Yeah - they're more fun anyway

He said he knew he used to hangout alot. But he just wonders why you never come around anymore? I mean who doesn't wanna hang with Lombardi? Hung out with him enough? Everyone I know says there is no such thing!

He said he knew he used to hangout alot. But he just wonders why you never come around anymore? I mean who doesn't wanna hang with Lombardi? Hung out with him enough? Everyone I know says there is no such thing!

Tell em there's this team in our division who leads the league in cheating (penalties and P.E.D abuse) so its difficult.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM ]

Yup. Nothing is more fun then throwing popcorn at injured guys and copying another franchises nickname and passing it off as their own, and leading the league in cheating. Fun times.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM ]

Yup. Nothing is more fun then throwing popcorn at injured guys and copying another franchises nickname and passing it off as their own, and leading the league in cheating. Fun times.

I guess my last post wasn't "retarded" enough (didn't that term go out with the dinosaurs?) - since you responded

Anyhoo ~
~ I condemned those who threw food at Bowman when it happened.
~ The Seahawks didn't copy another "franchise's nickname" - it was the nickname for their fan base (I guess they were just smart enough to realize it was worth paying for it to build on a a clever marketing idea).
~ Hopefully, those who need to have learned their lesson re: PED's

==============

Back to the topic . . .
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFLICYMI:
@Seahawks QB @DangeRussWilson traded in the football helmet for the baseball cap with the Texas Rangers. http://es.pn/1i7GugI ;
(feel free to give the M's a pep talk whenever the fancy strikes you, Russell )

(feel free to give the M's a pep talk whenever the fancy strikes you, Russell )

I can only imagine the heads exploding around here if Kaepernick went down and fooled around with the Dodgers or the Diamondbacks. But, I did see that the Rangers didn't even allow him to take batting practice so I guess there is some agreement on not getting him hurt. Smart.
Tell em there's this team in our division who leads the league in cheating (penalties and P.E.D abuse) so its difficult.

They lead the league in penalties and suspensions? Doesn't sound like they are very successful cheaters does it? How did they manage to beat the 49ers?
Originally posted by Canfan:
They lead the league in penalties and suspensions? Doesn't sound like they are very successful cheaters does it? How did they manage to beat the 49ers?

Didn't you watch? They were marginally better that night. They had 6 more points. Turns out the team with more points wins the game.
Share 49ersWebzone