LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Russell Wilson to play spring ball with the Texas Rangers...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oh yes, the "Twelves" are most definitely real. Seattle pays good money to Texas A&M so their fans can call themselves that while trolling the internet. Frankly, I'm amazed that DC Comics hasn't sued yet for the 'Hawks use of the Legion of Boom (clearly a rip of the Legion of Doom).

Which is an odd name anyway. Chancellor is the only one known for big hits. The rest, not so much (Sherman being their worst tackler, IMO). So what's the significance of the "Boom"?

Or is this another one of those things where Seattle doesn't care it doesn't make sense because (they think) it sounds cool?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He says there have been more then a few since Chete Carrol arrived. But he gets your point.

You're alright Braun. You're alright.

Smiley face
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Lock this bish already
Originally posted by Empire49:
LOL @ "The 12th Man" and now "Twelves." That has to be the corniest thing in all of sports.

I'm sure Seahawk fans will just chalk that up as a Niner fan hating on them, but, unlike most Niners fans, your team doesn't mean much to me. I dislike Cowboys and raiders fans, but you guys are still too new for me to care all that much. The "Twelves" is just corny.

Yeah, I suppose there's lots of stuff that's a bit corny from the outside but, still fun for those who participate.

And this, from Texas A&M alum, Michael Bennett . . .
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/03/10/michael-bennett-at-the-end-of-the-day-it-was-about-being-comfortable/
(On if he could put the last three months into perspective:) "It's crazy man. Like I said I came here at the beginning of my career and to come back and win a Super Bowl, and the fans still remember me from my first years. Like in said, the fans are one of the biggest reasons I came back. These peoples love their Seahawks. The 12th Man is the biggest thing and they just love the players, and I really appreciate how much they put into being one of the biggest reasons why we win games."
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The thing you seem to be missing is the arrogance it takes to believe you're so special. Any fan base would make the same amount of noise if their stadiums amplified the noise. Good for you guys to have a stadium that increases the effect you fans have on the game, but please get over yourselves. Contrary to your beliefs, you're not special.

Nope, I'm not special.
I just enjoy rooting for my team (as I assume you enjoy rooting for yours).
As for the Hawks nickname for their fan base, there's not much I can do about it whether I like it or not, so, I just embrace it and have fun :-)
The thing you seem to be missing is the arrogance it takes to believe you're so special. Any fan base would make the same amount of noise if their stadiums amplified the noise. Good for you guys to have a stadium that increases the effect you fans have on the game, but please get over yourselves. Contrary to your beliefs, you're not special.

They "All Can" but they don't. Chiefs at least tried, everyone else just acts like they can. Put up or shut up, we all about that action boss.

The roofing at The Clink doesn't amplify noise, it funnels it down toward the field. The crowd still needs to generate the noise and that takes effort, which most NFL crowds don't want to put forth consistently throughout the game. So, yes, we are special.
Originally posted by TXHawk:

The roofing at The Clink doesn't amplify noise, it funnels it down toward the field. The crowd still needs to generate the noise and that takes effort, which most NFL crowds don't want to put forth consistently throughout the game. So, yes, we are special.

"Special" indeed....

Uhh, no. Russell does do one thing better - he lobs rainbows and prayers, which his receivers somehow manage to catch at least once per game. Kap doesn't do that. Other than that, Russell needs as much work as Kap.

I guess he miracles the ball into his receivers hands.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by Existence:
The 'Twelves' are not 'real'. It is a group of people who happen to attend games to cheer for a team of cheaters who happen to play in a stadium that was designed to be loud, and nothing more.

You aren't part of the game, you don't put on a uniform, the millionaire players on the Seahawks don't know you and don't give a damn (other than the home field advantage artificially inflating their stats) and none of the rest of the educated universe can wait until you fade back into the rain-soaked obscurity from which you crawled.

Actually, just finally drying out . . .
Seattle has had more rain the first few days of March than it normally records in the entire month ;-)

The twelves are just as real (and rabid) as any other fan base. Are they actually part of the team? No. Do the players personally know every fan? No. But, they take every opportunity to thank the fans for their support (as I assume most players of every team do, because without the fans, there would be no teams).

As for the the noise only being a HFA . . . ask Peyton about that ;-)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/watch-listen-really-caused-broncos-mistake-first-snap-151952943--nfl.html

LOL @ "The 12th Man" and now "Twelves." That has to be the corniest thing in all of sports.

I'm sure Seahawk fans will just chalk that up as a Niner fan hating on them, but, unlike most Niners fans, your team doesn't mean much to me. I dislike Cowboys and raiders fans, but you guys are still too new for me to care all that much. The "Twelves" is just corny.

lol at all of this.

"The twelves..."

BAHAHAHA
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]

f**k that b***h
Originally posted by TXHawk:
I guess he miracles the ball into his receivers hands.

Pretty much -- and starting next season those little 'miracles' will start bouncing and falling the other way. Has happened like that throughout football history.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
The 'Twelves' are not 'real'. It is a group of people who happen to attend games to cheer for a team of cheaters who happen to play in a stadium that was designed to be loud, and nothing more.

You aren't part of the game, you don't put on a uniform, the millionaire players on the Seahawks don't know you and don't give a damn (other than the home field advantage artificially inflating their stats) and none of the rest of the educated universe can wait until you fade back into the rain-soaked obscurity from which you crawled.

This is pretty funny but you contradict yourself. If the 12th man isn't real then why would we have any home field advantage? Fact is the 12th man does have an impact on the game if we didn't then Niner fans wouldn't have wrote into a news paper complaining that their team couldn't hear so the game wasn't fair.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23721252/er-fans-write-to-newspaper-complaining-about-seahawks-loud-stadium

As for artificial or a stadium design, you've been proven wrong multiple time. The super bowl should be enough evidence but if not then go read about the king dome which was also known as one of if not the loudest home fields all the way back to the 80's.

Oh and the Aggies didn't invent anything. They stole/borrowed the 12th man saying from others who are on record as using it long before they did. Minnesota was using it (in the same format as Seattle) in 1906. The Aggies only trade marked it to cash in on Seattle's success. It was nothing more than a marketing ploy, We actually retired the 12th man jersey before the current stadium or the Aggies had trade marked the phrase They never said a peep about the phrase until Seattle was going to the super bowl in 2005 when they sued.

Consider what the saying was worth before Seattle built up it's reputation. If not for Seattle and the true 12th man the phrase would still be worth absolutely nothing and the fact is most of the people that are familiar with the phrase recognize it as the Seahawks fan base not the Aggies or any other team.

But hey if it helps you sleep at night believing the 12's are not real or have no impact on the game then great but don't read the link I provided. It won't help you.

I appreciate you having the courage to display your limitations in a public forum like this -- you are a shining star for all of those fine people in PNW who have not yet made it out of their parent's basements (or their girlfriend's parent's basements -- whatever) for as expected, somewhere between your shrill hand-wringing and juvenile need to justify your self-generated myths and fictions, you've entirely missed the point.

Yes, your stadium has real people that make noise at games, to claim otherwise would be silly -- but they are only that. People at a game cheering for a team. There is no other thing called 'the 12th man' (2.0) that exists. It is a fiction. Meaningless self-gloss. But hey, if it makes you and the other coffee drinking, rain-soaked, Microsoft-engineer-with-Asperger's popcorn throwers up there feel like you finally 'belong' to something, who are we to judge?
WOW there is a whole lotta jeslousy in this thread. Pretty hilarious really.
Pretty much -- and starting next season those little 'miracles' will start bouncing and falling the other way. Has happened like that throughout football history.

So NFL history is filled with examples of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks miracling the ball into receivers hands for two full seasons only to find that divine intervention begins failing after that? That's interesting. And by "interesting" I mean "idiotic."
Share 49ersWebzone