LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers In The Mix For Hakeem Nicks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Gordon? As I understand it, one more drug or alcohol mistake and he's gone for a year. Do you want the Niners to chance a 2nd for that? I don't. Hakeem Nicks is another Anquan Boldin. That may be a good thing, but I'm not really excited about it because we already have the best Boldin.

Nicks > Boldin.

No. All Nicks has over Boldin is that he's younger.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Gordon? As I understand it, one more drug or alcohol mistake and he's gone for a year. Do you want the Niners to chance a 2nd for that? I don't. Hakeem Nicks is another Anquan Boldin. That may be a good thing, but I'm not really excited about it because we already have the best Boldin.

Nicks > Boldin.

Boldin stays healthy. One of his abilities is availability

And broken, dude is never healthy, he's never played a full NFL season, he's always injured with something holding back, bad hammy, strain, pull...etc....no thanks. Absolute waste of a draft pick to rent the guy for about 3-4 months.
If the Browns win and go to 4-2 and are in the thick of the division/wild card it's less likely they will trade Gordon. Or at least for cheap. I think I have to move on from him. I'd like Nicks more if he was signed for another year or maybe 2 at a decent price. Just hard to justify a 3rd for a 1/2 year rental. I think I'd rather just go with what we have. At this moment I like our chances of trading James for a pick better than us trading for a WR.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM ]
Do it, do it, do it!!!!!!!!!!

Make it happen, Trent.
And if Nicks is this broken down in his early 20s, it can only get worse from here on out, I have a feeling whoever ends up signing him to a long term deal might be experiencing serious buyer's regret a couple years down the road.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If the Browns win and go to 4-2 and are in the thick of the division/wild card it's less likely they will trade Gordon. Or at least for cheap. I think I have to move on from him. I'd like Nicks more if he was signed for another year or maybe 2 at a decent price. Just hard to justify a 3rd for a 1/2 year rental. I think I'd rather just go with what we have. At this moment I like our chances of trading James for a pick better than us trading for a WR.

Browns look like they're going to lose to the Lions today, Gordon has been beasting though, he's got like 2/3 of Cleveland's receiving yards.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Nicks > Boldin.

Originally posted by fropwns:

Boldin actually makes it out on the field doe........................
f**k YES! get it done baalke!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fropwns:

Boldin actually makes it out on the field doe........................

We're saying that Boldin is way better. Way way better.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Browns look like they're going to lose to the Lions today, Gordon has been beasting though, he's got like 2/3 of Cleveland's receiving yards.

Ravens lost, Bengals in OT now so could still be tied in division at 3-3 if Bengals lose. Either way they are in the thick of the wild card and if I am them no way I trade Gordon for less than a 2nd, heck I'd want a 1st.
Rather would get Gordon
would love either Nicks or Gordon
[ Edited by matt49er on Oct 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone