LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

49ers In The Mix For Hakeem Nicks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Browns prolly want a high 2nd...

To 49ers: Josh Gordon & conditional pick if he is suspended again within 2-3 years.

To Browns: LMJ and a 3rd or LMJ and a 2nd just to get the deal done 49ers are protected with the condition pick coming with Gordon and we won't miss LMJ and the pick for a SB run. WIN WIN!!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!

I'm not exactly sure what LMJ's trade value is, but I'm okay with a high-second round pick assuming it's conditional.

He's 22 years old, and I find it improbable to match his value in the second round -- taking in consideration his NFL experience.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Agreed I having been considering this from the start of the Gordon trade talks this is a great way for the 49ers to make the trade for Gordon...just make the trade conditional that if he gets suspended again, which I think he won't do, we get something coming back our way. The Browns have to be reasonable here and agree to a conditional trade.

Gordon is a beast legit deep threat potential top 10 WR go for it!!!!!!

The Browns said they weren't looking to trade Gordon but I think it's BS. They'd give him up in a heartbeat for the right deal. Trading for Gordon makes so much sense. If he didn't have all that baggage, the Browns could shop him for a 1st. He is a legit 1st round talent. He's only 22 and signed to a rookie contract through 2015 which would mean he would have very little impact on the cap. As you mentioned, he's a deep threat - he's exactly what Kap and the passing game needs right now. I'd be happy if we got Nicks for a 3rd but he'd be really expensive and I doubt we could keep him since he's a FA after this year. He'd be like an expensive rental. With Gordon, we're getting a BALLER that will be with us for cheap for at least the rest of this year and next. This trade makes so much since for it not to happen (yet..).

With the Browns winning I don't think the FO can justify trading him now to the fanbase.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather have Josh Gordon.
Originally posted by LVJay:
(IF) it happens, eventually, we'll let go of a couple of receivers/PS just to be picked up by New England--then watch Brady/Patriots make them look like respectable/decent WRs

With the exception of one game, Brady hasn't made his receivers look like anything but a pile of s**t....sound familiar, maybe talent at wide out really does matter and a QB can't magically turn garbage into gold....shocking I know.
The trade deadline isn't until after week 8 and if the Browns start dropping in the wild card/division, which so far they are right in the thick of both, then they might lower their price or be more likely to trade him. Problem is we get Manningham back around week 7 or maybe 8 and it some what kills the need for Gordon. Depends on how he plays though... if he is still hurt, showing signs that he lost it and won't be back then maybe but if he comes back and plays like he did last year then I'd say a trade won't happen. Also, could depend on how we do. Let's say we would lose to AZ and the Titans we might be more inclined to make that trade then if we win these next 2 and are 5-2 headed to London to face the Jags. Same with how Seattle does. If we are 1, maybe 2 back we would be less likely but let's say we fall 3 back (or would have these past few weeks) then could make it more likely. I think these last 2 wins changed things a bit. I bet all time interest was when we were 1-2. These last 2 wins put us back on track and gave us hope that we can hold on until reinforcements get here.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think the fire sale stopped when it turned out their young QB had potential to turn the franchise around. Now that he is hurt, maybe there is a chance...but it's not certain. Gordon is a risk, Nicks and Britt are rentals....pick your poison, but I think we need to make a move. Crabs and Rio are not certain to be their old selves right off the bat.

This. We need someone who can stretch the field and get behind defenses.
This guy is incredible! DO IT!
Trade a 3rd as a rental, let him walk and sign a big deal elsewhere and pick up a comp pick as a result. Why not?
I see us staying put and playing the hand we have.

Wouldn't mind him, but would mean end of Crabs era or Mario or Boldin. I rather have Boldin and Nicks, and hope to keep Crabs. But Nicks is a #1 WR.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I think the fire sale stopped when it turned out their young QB had potential to turn the franchise around. Now that he is hurt, maybe there is a chance...but it's not certain. Gordon is a risk, Nicks and Britt are rentals....pick your poison, but I think we need to make a move. Crabs and Rio are not certain to be their old selves right off the bat.

Pick your poison is exactly right. But I like the potential of Gordon than I do of Nicks and Britt. I'd trade a 2nd, 4th and LaMichael James for Gordon hes just that good. Nicks and Britt I wouldn't give up more than a 4th for them.
Gordon isn't getting traded, the browns aren't going to trade a young talent like away, if the niners are serious about making a Super Bowl run they'll bring nicks in.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Gordon isn't getting traded, the browns aren't going to trade a young talent like away, if the niners are serious about making a Super Bowl run they'll bring nicks in.

I think the Browns were in fire sale mode until they started winning....

Nicks is now on the market Bc the Giants are out of the playoff hunt (small chance in hell) so why not get something in return.
We aren't getting Nicks. If we could actually afford to resign Nicks, I'd rather spend the kind of money he would be seeking on Crabtree or Boldin for the short-term and using the rest on other positions.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Wouldn't mind him, but would mean end of Crabs era or Mario or Boldin. I rather have Boldin and Nicks, and hope to keep Crabs. But Nicks is a #1 WR.

I like Nicks a lot and he definitely has a track record of producing, however, I think Crabs is capable of putting up the numbers Nicks has over his career. To me, they are about equal. Why do you think Nicks is a number one, but not Crabtree?
Share 49ersWebzone