LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

Is Mark Sanchez really that bad?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Everyone needs to relax it was his 1st start in how long? He will go back to playing like the old Mark Sanchez
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Everyone needs to relax it was his 1st start in how long? He will go back to playing like the old Mark Sanchez

Yeah, the old Mark Sanchez that took his team to two AFC Championship games. How many QB's can say that. He had a coach that thought offense was a dirty word.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Yeah, the old Mark Sanchez that took his team to two AFC Championship games. How many QB's can say that. He had a coach that thought offense was a dirty word.

The defense carried those teams to the AFC Championships
Too early to tell.
The defense carried those teams to the AFC Championships

Watch the tapes of the two AFC Championship games. The NY media burned this guy, I thought he was a B-U-M, but the tapes don't lie. The butt fumble is the first thing people think about, he's a good middle of the pack QB.
Apparently Sanchez can play..........in the right system with a ton of talent around him.
Everyone jumping on the Mark SAncjez train wreck will jump off soon.
Wonder how the Carroll - Sanchez reunion will go..

(Things I ponder at 1:24 AM)
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by mrmontana:
the eagles season is toast now.

A lot of people like this guy here are eating some major crow right now. In another thread a year back, I recommended we bring Sanchez in as a backup. All I got was lots of laughs and "butt fumble". Now the guy is healthy and tearing it up in the Kelly offense.

Shows you what these fans know. Not a whole lot.

Geeked - Barkley still holds several passing records at SC. Do you even know what you're talking about?

So what, Colt McCoy looked like prime Alex Smith in his one start for the Skins. Matt Flynn looked like Aaron Rodgers a couple years ago before Seattle bought into the hype.
It's more about rooting for a once promising kid that almost was out of the league.

Vince Young,matt Leinart,Jemarcus Russell...man I still remember watching them ball with my pops on TV in their Rose Bowls years ago. Who knows wtf they're doing to get by nowadays.

Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by mrmontana:
the eagles season is toast now.

A lot of people like this guy here are eating some major crow right now. In another thread a year back, I recommended we bring Sanchez in as a backup. All I got was lots of laughs and "butt fumble". Now the guy is healthy and tearing it up in the Kelly offense.

Shows you what these fans know. Not a whole lot.

Geeked - Barkley still holds several passing records at SC. Do you even know what you're talking about?

So what, Colt McCoy looked like prime Alex Smith in his one start for the Skins. Matt Flynn looked like Aaron Rodgers a couple years ago before Seattle bought into the hype.

Yup. Flash in the pans.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Advocating Sanchez as a starter is foolish. But as a backup I think he's bout as good as it gets. He has a ton of experience and has played a bunch of games in the league. He knows the position and if all you need is 1-3 games then he'll be just fine. I don't think Sanchez is going to singlehandedly lose the Eagles any games esp with the offensive talent they have.
Originally posted by Antix:
Advocating Sanchez as a starter is foolish. But as a backup I think he's bout as good as it gets. He has a ton of experience and has played a bunch of games in the league. He knows the position and if all you need is 1-3 games then he'll be just fine. I don't think Sanchez is going to singlehandedly lose the Eagles any games esp with the offensive talent they have.

Agree.

I think he's a quality backup.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If he has another butt fumble - he's toast w/Philly fans.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree.

I think he's a quality backup.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If he has another butt fumble - he's toast w/Philly fans.

Ahhh, so he's the Buccaneers starter next season.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Watch the tapes of the two AFC Championship games. The NY media burned this guy, I thought he was a B-U-M, but the tapes don't lie. The butt fumble is the first thing people think about, he's a good middle of the pack QB.

I won't be satisfied till I see another butt fumble. One more, and his legacy is cemented in NFL history.
Share 49ersWebzone