There are 218 users in the forums

Is Mark Sanchez really that bad?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I don't think he's anything special, but feel a lot of the criticism is unwarranted. He started off well, then has crumbled as the team around him has crumbled.

The good:
2 AFC Championship game appearances
26 TDs 2 seasons ago
Clutch wins - 10 fourth quarter comebacks, 12 game-winning drives
Has played pretty well in the playoffs all things considered
Hard worker

The bad:
High INTs
boneheaded plays
accuracy issues
Appears to be on the down swing
Obscenely pricey contract

Problems:
lack of talent at skilled positions for most of his career
Defensive minded head coach and poor OC's. 3rd OC/System going into his 5th year.
Tebow
Playing in the fishbowl that is New York.

Is there a future for Mark or is he done? I think he may be done in New York, but can be serviceable or even above average somewhere else. Thoughts?

I blame his bad play on the fact Brian s**tTENHEIMER was his offensive coordinater.It looks like now that he has gotten away from him he is doing just fine.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by mrmontana:
the eagles season is toast now.

A lot of people like this guy here are eating some major crow right now. In another thread a year back, I recommended we bring Sanchez in as a backup. All I got was lots of laughs and "butt fumble". Now the guy is healthy and tearing it up in the Kelly offense.

Shows you what these fans know. Not a whole lot.

Geeked - Barkley still holds several passing records at SC. Do you even know what you're talking about?

So what, Colt McCoy looked like prime Alex Smith in his one start for the Skins. Matt Flynn looked like Aaron Rodgers a couple years ago before Seattle bought into the hype.

Oh my, you do realize I'm one of the biggest SC nut swingers on this board. I went to USC, I bleed Cardinal and Gold. I'm so SC, that I'm in a constant conflict every time the 49ers play the Seahawks and Cardinals - (BUT I HATE THE SEAHAWKS); and I'll defend Carroll to the grave.

Matt Barkley is the most OVER RATED TRASH SC has EVER PUT BEHIND CENTER. Yes he has numbers, and I can't explain why, but that dude was a Pick Machine. He was good enough to blow it when it counts.
  • Jiks
Yeah he sucks
/ thread
idk what people expected.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
2 fumbles (1 lost) and 2 INTs with 1 TD. He is what we thought he was.
The Sanchise has landed back in reality.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
God dammit I knew we should have signed him

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by mrmontana:
the eagles season is toast now.

A lot of people like this guy here are eating some major crow right now. In another thread a year back, I recommended we bring Sanchez in as a backup. All I got was lots of laughs and "butt fumble". Now the guy is healthy and tearing it up in the Kelly offense.

Shows you what these fans know. Not a whole lot.

Geeked - Barkley still holds several passing records at SC. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Originally posted by BobS:
I didn't think Sanchez had it in him. 4 years of putting up 1970's looking numbers with the Jets, then in 2 games with the Eagles he looks like a real NFL QB.

Whuzzat?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Everyone needs to relax it was his 1st start in how long? He will go back to playing like the old Mark Sanchez

Told you guys
Originally posted by Geeked:
Oh my, you do realize I'm one of the biggest SC nut swingers on this board. I went to USC, I bleed Cardinal and Gold. I'm so SC, that I'm in a constant conflict every time the 49ers play the Seahawks and Cardinals - (BUT I HATE THE SEAHAWKS); and I'll defend Carroll to the grave.

Matt Barkley is the most OVER RATED TRASH SC has EVER PUT BEHIND CENTER. Yes he has numbers, and I can't explain why, but that dude was a Pick Machine. He was good enough to blow it when it counts.

he cheated then bailed on the punishments

what is to defend
Failchez.

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Geeked:

he cheated then bailed on the punishments

what is to defend

You are ignorant and need to learn how to properly research events. I'm very comfortable that you have absolutely KNOW IDEA about what you're attempting to reference. But hey, I actually learned how to examine subjects before I provide critical judgment.

I don't allow myself to substitute belief for knowledge. It makes you look like a complete fool and renders your assessment moot.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Failchez.

Lol winner.

As long as itvhelps our plan b Wild card chances ,it's all good.
I don't think Sanchez is terrible or a bad QB.

What happened in GB is what will happen to a lot of QBs when the defense cannot shut down a high scoring offense.

Seattle will not move the ball at will on Philly defense, so I think Sanchez will play better even though Hawks have better defense than Packers.

Carolina D isn't bad.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I don't think Sanchez is terrible or a bad QB.

What happened in GB is what will happen to a lot of QBs when the defense cannot shut down a high scoring offense.

Seattle will not move the ball at will on Philly defense, so I think Sanchez will play better even though Hawks have better defense than Packers.

Carolina D isn't bad.

Sanchez is a turnover machine. That's what he's always been. At his best he's "average". Starter? Can be, but only if you have no other choice.

And the Carolina D sucks. 23rd/24th ranked in the league.
This should be a testament to how important coaching and scheme are to a player. Looks awful in NY. Comes to Philly and runs the offense very well.
Share 49ersWebzone