There are 274 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by GNielsen:
I understand - already in the process of forcing myself to lighten up. I used to have a sure-fire method for doing that, but I can't take that route anymore. Oh well.

That's the spirit! Life is serious enough. So far, Kaep is living the dream ( Alex too ) of being a successful pro ball player. These guys don't need us to defend them... especially over the little stuff.

( At this point, I only try to do it when I see football relevant inaccuracies spoken.. and even then, they don't need that defended either )
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Vegas odds say 6.5 wins.....

That would surprise me ( I said 9 wins ), but less of course could happen. There are a lot of positional question marks. Mostly, I think they only hit a losing record if :

- a key player or two falls to injury for long (Charles, Bowe, Smith)
- if the new schemes take the players too long to gel through.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Hey, let's just get along.

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I always have a hard time with fans taking shots at Niner players unless they really, really deserve it.

I come from a different crowd, really. When I hang out with people, we are constantly smacking each other around verbally... and no one takes offense.

If I were to say that I think Kaep is an ugly, goofy looking caricature of some exotic bird... then why should another fan give a damn at all? I'm already on record to think that if he stays hungry and applies himself, Kaep has the talent to be great. Whether afterwards, I say I hate the tats, the chicken legs, etc... does that then make me a hater of my QB?
so why get upset about AS comments ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Like... what? and when? Be specific.

( though I'll for now say you are likely just reaching, and that this exorcise is pointless )

Like... what? and when? Be specific.

( though I'll for now say you are likely just reaching, and that this exorcise is pointless )

remember this ?..it'snot too long ago ..I can't even ask where you get a number from

Where do 30 passes a game come from?

Cant be his 8 year track record...lets wait a bit before we get piss pants excited

.. and you're back in this thread, telling people what to think and how to feel.... because?
remember this ?..it'snot too long ago ..I can't even ask where you get a number from

That's your example of me being.. upset? Or maybe it would be mildly annoyed?

Bottom line is, you really have no business being in that thread. You claim to not care about Alex or KC... so then it becomes easy to conclude the true reason for you even commenting in the thread. Does that make sense to you?

And even if all of the stars aligned and all things were equal (which they clearly are not)... do two wrongs make a right?

That's your example of me being.. upset? Or maybe it would be mildly annoyed?

Bottom line is, you really have no business being in that thread. You claim to not care about Alex or KC... so then it becomes easy to conclude the true reason for you even commenting in the thread. Does that make sense to you?

And even if all of the stars aligned and all things were equal (which they clearly are not)... do two wrongs make a right?

That's the most recent..i dont have time to go back..but that's water under the bridge.

I care about AS...it's just he's not as good as this thread thinks..and i get roasted for commenting.

If you can go to other threads and joke, then you tell me i can't post in this thread..C'mon dude
I care a lot about how Alex Smith performs in KC because it will cost us draft leverage if he produces suckage. He better help the uber talent on that offense get better.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I care a lot about how Alex Smith performs in KC because it will cost us draft leverage if he produces suckage. He better help the uber talent on that offense get better.

I feel the same. It's time to hold Alex accountable to make the offense better, which is what's expected from the position.

No more "oh everything around him must be good and set up well so he can produce..." <---that mentality is for the Special Olympics!!!!
Originally posted by verb1der:

I feel the same. It's time to hold Alex accountable to make the offense better, which is what's expected from the position.

No more "oh everything around him must be good and set up well so he can produce..." <---that mentality is for the Special Olympics!!!!

He couldn't have gone to a better situation. That offense has the perfect talent for a dink and dunk offense along with quick check down options. Now throw in Bowe and they have everything one can have in terms of offensive talent. Their problem was that Cassell is not mobile. I think you need mobility to run a lot of those misdirection type of plays where the QB must roll out or do a sprint drop back.

I am looking forward to seeing Alex in Kansas City, and I wish him the best.

I think they go 7-9

He couldn't have gone to a better situation. That offense has the perfect talent for a dink and dunk offense along with quick check down options. Now throw in Bowe and they have everything one can have in terms of offensive talent. Their problem was that Cassell is not mobile. I think you need mobility to run a lot of those misdirection type of plays where the QB must roll out or do a sprint drop back.

Personnel wise yes, Alex got some talent around him. However I think his success ultimately depends on how Andy Reid uses him. IIRC Reid's offenses have always been known to be explosive However, I've read a few articles where it was stated that the Chiefs offense this year is "different"...not sure what that means. But I'm wondering if Reid knows he has some limitations here..

Personnel wise yes, Alex got some talent around him. However I think his success ultimately depends on how Andy Reid uses him. IIRC Reid's offenses have always been known to be explosive However, I've read a few articles where it was stated that the Chiefs offense this year is "different"...not sure what that means. But I'm wondering if Reid knows he has some limitations here..

The only times an Andy Reid offense had major success was when he ran the ball and had balance or used his RB more on offense including passing to him.
The only times an Andy Reid offense had major success was when he ran the ball and had balance or used his RB more on offense including passing to him.

Yeah, they made RB/FB/and TEs a priority focus in the offseason. Due to his past, it can be hard to believe Reid will ever utilize a balanced offense, but it would make the most sense to do this now with his personnel. Lots of PA passing ( Alex was the best QB last year with PA ) with the run threat of Charles... lots of passes to Bowe, the trio of TEs, and the backs... mixed in with what should be a good rush attack. Alex is in a good and intriguing situation there. The big concern from me on their O is 1) will the unproven OL gel quickly? and 2) will any other wideout than Bowe step up and be solid?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
He has said repeatedly that he does. What is your point?

Why do you feel you have to step in here? But, if you really want to know, this poster on another thread made a remark about how we have to worry about Kaepernick staying out of jail. I don't see you stepping in and questioning a post like that even though it's clearly meant to provoke. If a Seahawks fan came on this board and made a remark that he thought Kaepernick might have trouble staying out of jail, I suspect that some people would call that the word which must not be uttered for some reason around here. So, let's have a little balance around here. And, yes, I can take a joke, but I don't happen to think a remark about Kaepernick staying out of jail is funny - I think it's racist and classist - based on his looks and nothing else. And, It happens to be my right to hold that opinion.

Because your question was clearly designed to start pot stirring.

I didn't see the other thread until this morning. Can't be everywhere all the time.

Why do you have such an emotional investment in what this other poster feels about the current and former QBs of the team? Why do you CARE so much? Let it go, man. Let it go.
Share 49ersWebzone