LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

8-8
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The only times an Andy Reid offense had major success was when he ran the ball and had balance or used his RB more on offense including passing to him.

Yeah, they made RB/FB/and TEs a priority focus in the offseason. Due to his past, it can be hard to believe Reid will ever utilize a balanced offense, but it would make the most sense to do this now with his personnel. Lots of PA passing ( Alex was the best QB last year with PA ) with the run threat of Charles... lots of passes to Bowe, the trio of TEs, and the backs... mixed in with what should be a good rush attack. Alex is in a good and intriguing situation there. The big concern from me on their O is 1) will the unproven OL gel quickly? and 2) will any other wideout than Bowe step up and be solid?

That offense is built to enhance Alex's strengths.

As for WR's, Avery and Bowe are very solid. Throw in McCluster's balance of being a dual threat along with the RB they have, Alex's targets are VERY solid.

There are no excuses for him. Just like you say Alex can't be judged unless he has the right pieces, I don't think the OL can be judged properly blocking for a QB that is known to take sacks. The OL improvement or non-improvement is on Alex's shoulders.
That offense is built to enhance Alex's strengths.

As for WR's, Avery and Bowe are very solid. Throw in McCluster's balance of being a dual threat along with the RB they have, Alex's targets are VERY solid.

There are no excuses for him. Just like you say Alex can't be judged unless he has the right pieces, I don't think the OL can be judged properly blocking for a QB that is known to take sacks. The OL improvement or non-improvement is on Alex's shoulders.

... whatever you say.
srs question

Do any of you Alex fans that live in the bay area like him enough to pay to see him vs the Raiders in Oakland?

Originally posted by Ballistic:
srs question

Do any of you Alex fans that live in the bay area like him enough to pay to see him vs the Raiders in Oakland?

I don't think that I'd go see the NINERS play in Oakland, much less any other team.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
srs question

I don't think that I'd go see the NINERS play in Oakland, much less any other team.

This
I don't live in the bay area. Even if I did, I wouldn't go anyway. I prefer to watch football from the comfort of home.

here was the article of TC day 2... I liked this part... really want to see more deep passes, as while Alex has a fine deep ball accuracy %... he has stuck far more to the shorter, high % passes. Either way can obviously work... but I still want to see 4 or 5 deep shots per game.

The best throw of the day was during seven-on-seven drills when Smith hit Donnie Avery on a deep pass for a score.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/24/4364355/chiefs-keep-airing-it-out-on-day.html#storylink=cpy
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Jul 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
I don't live in the bay area. Even if I did, I wouldn't go anyway. I prefer to watch football from the comfort of home.

here was the article of TC day 2... I liked this part... really want to see more deep passes, as while Alex has a fine deep ball accuracy %... he has stuck far more to the shorter, high % passes. Either way can obviously work... but I still want to see 4 or 5 deep shots per game.

The best throw of the day was during seven-on-seven drills when Smith hit Donnie Avery on a deep pass for a score.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/24/4364355/chiefs-keep-airing-it-out-on-day.html#storylink=cpy

Avery must have been wide open.

I think that's the whole point of reading defenses and letting plays developed -- so you can find a wide freak'n open guy Why would you want to throw to a half ass open receiver.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
srs question

This

That

I like hearing from the coaches mouth

(On nfl network) Uhh Alex is smart..we are banking on his leadership .uh and he's smart

That's really good insight coach
Honestly, i just dont get what the big deal is with short, medium, or deep balls. couple things, i never understood.

With Smitty, first we said we cant cater our offense to the spread soo much, even tho he's good at it. He's no Brady, but when i have watched Brady play, it seems like at least half his plays in any game are from the shotgun. Smith too much with the short to intermediate game, but i've watched Rodgers, Flacco, Brees, Ryan, and all these qb's utilize the short pass constantly, not once in a blue moon. Even Stafford to Johnson, he kills em with the YAC.

If anyone has watched the eagles offense of old, i cant tell u it seemed like the RB had almost 1000 yds of receiving from simple short passes. And Reid and Charles both mentioned how much he may be used in the short game. Even when REid said recently, charles loves catching the ball.

I too would like to see a few deep balls a game, but at the end of the day if we get that W, and s**t, only passes for 100yds, does it really matter other than for Fantasy points.

I loved what Jerry said recently in an interview, about Calvin Johnson breaking his records...." I mean yeah records are meant to be broken, but the difference with he and I is, at the end of the day, i had the same if not better type of numbers when we were winning championships. so yeah it may be, but until u win it all, im just saying." not all exactly, but i got the point.

At the end of the day, unless ur bringing in championships with whatever the yardage, does it really matter. Brees or Rodgers pass for 4-5000 yds, but has either of them won a championship lately. Or does that concept of its just on the Qb's shoulders that leads to victories. If thats the case then either one of them would be winning the SB every year, forget about defense, special teams, etc. Just score 40 pts a game, and just hope the other team scores 35. lmao.

I'm just saying, just like our man Justin Smith, Montana, Rice, Young, namath, aikman, and a few others said, at the end of the day, stats are good, but does it really matter if u get 5-6 sacks, throw for 400yds, catch for 300yds if u still lose the game. Hell no. So id like to see some disagree with those that have been there and done that, (that have stated, they dont care about stats) not just us fans talking back and forth.....

so on any given day, all i want is the W (and have stated that since before we been on this conference championship tear), and if any team regardless of stats keep that column in double digits, they'll be in the playoffs, while the big stat guys with the L's are watching the games on TV, just like us fans.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jul 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM ]
Dont want to hurt any feelings, but Alex will be an utter flop in KC. Jim Harbaugh essentially created a viable quarterback in him, and he did it by surrounding him with a GREAT oline, GREAT RB crew, GOOD receives/TEs, and GREAT coaching. Even with that, most NFL pundits (outside Niner fans) found him to be the weak link on offense. Something that became more apparent after Kaep took over.

Reid is a damned good coach, but no way he provides the supporting cast to Alex that JH did. Which means Alex is going to have to create on his own, which is unlikely to happen. When it's all said and said, he'll probably be a backup in the league in the next 2-3 years IMO.

(apologies to anyone PMing the mods after reading this )
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Dont want to hurt any feelings, but Alex will be an utter flop in KC. Jim Harbaugh essentially created a viable quarterback in him, and he did it by surrounding him with a GREAT oline, GREAT RB crew, GOOD receives/TEs, and GREAT coaching. Even with that, most NFL pundits (outside Niner fans) found him to be the weak link on offense. Something that became more apparent after Kaep took over.

Reid is a damned good coach, but no way he provides the supporting cast to Alex that JH did. Which means Alex is going to have to create on his own, which is unlikely to happen. When it's all said and said, he'll probably be a backup in the league in the next 2-3 years IMO.

(apologies to anyone PMing the mods after reading this )

You said nothing offensive - nothing to apologize for. Many will disagree with your premise and conclusion, though.
Share 49ersWebzone