LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by English:
Not going to ask again. Warn and lock.

With respect. I don't think you need to lock the thread. The problem seems to be :

The people that either dislike Alex/Chiefs +/or simply don't want to read about them? They are incapable of resisting the urge to click on this thread and then recycle their negative assessments with posts. We know the purpose for them doing so is nothing short of antagonistic. Perhaps some even seem threatened about other SF fans talking about another team. (as if they should really care?) Perhaps they just want to force a nasty situation where you will lock up the thread?

Maybe the best move would be to passively warn them to either stay out or contribute something useful to the thread. Further failing to do that results in street cred or a sit facing the corner. I actually try to post KC related articles that people interested can read here. There's no use for me to reiterate how I think Alex and KC will do this season... just as there is no use in the same people popping in to reiterate the negativity.

Crowd control or you may as well just lock it up.

Just a suggestion... it's your show, obviously.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

With respect. I don't think you need to lock the thread. The problem seems to be :

The people that either dislike Alex/Chiefs +/or simply don't want to read about them? They are incapable of resisting the urge to click on this thread and then recycle their negative assessments with posts. We know the purpose for them doing so is nothing short of antagonistic. Perhaps some even seem threatened about other SF fans talking about another team. (as if they should really care?) Perhaps they just want to force a nasty situation where you will lock up the thread?

Maybe the best move would be to passively warn them to either stay out or contribute something useful to the thread. Further failing to do that results in street cred or a sit facing the corner. I actually try to post KC related articles that people interested can read here. There's no use for me to reiterate how I think Alex and KC will do this season... just as there is no use in the same people popping in to reiterate the negativity.

No offense but it's BS that AS threads keep getting locked because of a few negative posters. It's always the same ones! Ban them instead of locking the threads!!

The same should go to you as well regarding the CK thread and your negativity. Also why is it open season to have negativity with our current QB but it's sacrilege to have anything negativity toward Alex who isn't on the team anymore?

Now I don't care if this gets me banned but to have a moderator who is ultra-sensitive to an average former QB and warns and ban any poster who gives the slightest hint of negativity and in turn overlooks the BS that go on in the CK thread is pathetic!

As far as the fake and phony Niner fans who felt there fan-hood was insulted with CK wearing a Dolphin hat just viewed that at a chance to knock Kaep because he replaced your Golden Boy. You yourself don't like Harbaugh because of the move.

So quit fooling yourself because your heart left S.f with Alex and now you're scorned. Now you can respond back with your corny wit and punk smilies it doesn't matter to me at all along with anything else I have coming.
This thread was created because of Alex Smith period not because of some 2nd round pick nonsense!
Originally posted by aTx49er:
No offense but it's BS that AS threads keep getting locked because of a few negative posters. It's always the same ones! Ban them instead of locking the threads!!

So basically, ban posters who disagree with you? LOL.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by aTx49er:

So basically, ban posters who disagree with you? LOL.

Is that what you got out my post?
Originally posted by Alexdontlivehere:
The same should go to you as well regarding the CK thread and your negativity. Also why is it open season to have negativity with our current QB but it's sacrilege to have anything negativity toward Alex who isn't on the team anymore?

Now I don't care if this gets me banned but to have a moderator who is ultra-sensitive to an average former QB and warns and ban any poster who gives the slightest hint of negativity and in turn overlooks the BS that go on in the CK thread is pathetic!

As far as the fake and phony Niner fans who felt there fan-hood was insulted with CK wearing a Dolphin hat just viewed that at a chance to knock Kaep because he replaced your Golden Boy. You yourself don't like Harbaugh because of the move.

So quit fooling yourself because your heart left S.f with Alex and now you're scorned. Now you can respond back with your corny wit and punk smilies it doesn't matter to me at all along with anything else I have coming.
This thread was created because of Alex Smith period not because of some 2nd round pick nonsense!

Not that I agree or not..but you're not going to last long here.

+ 1

... and people should stop twisting my disgust for Harbaugh to that of Kaepernick. I stated many times that I don't need to like our HC to like Kaep and the 49ers. That's the reality.

To say that my heart left SF with Alex is total BS. Why would I even post here otherwise? Stated many times also, SF is # 1 to me. That's the reality.

This thread is here because people are interested in how Alex AND the Chiefs will do... for reasons of Alex himself AND the draft pick involved. That's the reality.
7 wins

+ 1

... and people should stop twisting my disgust for Harbaugh to that of Kaepernick. I stated many times that I don't need to like our HC to like Kaep and the 49ers. That's the reality.

To say that my heart left SF with Alex is total BS. Why would I even post here otherwise? Stated many times also, SF is # 1 to me. That's the reality.

This thread is here because people are interested in how Alex AND the Chiefs will do... for reasons of Alex himself AND the draft pick involved. That's the reality.

Agreed.
There isn't anything wrong with some being interested in Alex Smith's future with the Chiefs.
There isn't anything wrong with those with zero interest in Smith's future with the Chiefs, either.

What is irritating, is those that fall in the second category can't help but enter this thread to troll.
It is simple, just stop. Plenty of threads open for discussion that would be of interest to you.
THE CHIEFS ARE GOOD , BRO.

Their defense is solid. Their secondary is one of the BEST in the NFL.

They have a great MLB in D. Johnson.

Dwayne Bowe is a big WR who is somewhat fast. Easy Target.

Jamal Charles is a tiny beast. One of the fastest if not thee fastest RB in the league.

Chiefs would be a good team if they only cut back on the mistakes. With Andy Reid and Alex Smith (wow have times changed) the mistake percentage should go down significantly.

^ yeah, for me, all the Chiefs needed to acquire was a QB I liked and respected. As an LSU fan, I have liked many of the players they added.. as well as guys like Houston, Berry, Charles, Asamoah, Catapano, etc.

So once they added a QB that I liked? especially a QB like Alex? Oh yeah... that's a team I will enjoy watching with interest.

BUT 49ers come FIRST !!!!
One ban. Any further volunteers to depart?

Stick to the subject.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/8/4502490/kansas-city-chiefs-rookie-mike-catapano-justin-smith-princeton-bob-surace

On how Catapano compares to Justin Smith:
"I was the assistant o-line coach for the Bengals, so every day for two years we had to block Justin. I don't care if it was Week 14 or it was the first day of training camp, Justin gave you his best effort. He was unbelievable in terms of that. Mike's the same way. It didn't matter if it was Week 9 against Yale or the third day of practice. He's the first in line, first to the meeting, hustles in practice, hustles through every drill. There's just a spirit and energy about him that he's going to be someone you enjoy coaching." "I'M NOT TELLING YOU HE IS JUSTIN SMITH AS A PLAYER, BUT HIS WORK ETHIC, HIS MOTOR, THERE ARE A LOT OF SIMILARITIES."
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/8/4502490/kansas-city-chiefs-rookie-mike-catapano-justin-smith-princeton-bob-surace

"I was the assistant o-line coach for the Bengals, so every day for two years we had to block Justin. I don't care if it was Week 14 or it was the first day of training camp, Justin gave you his best effort. He was unbelievable in terms of that. Mike's the same way. It didn't matter if it was Week 9 against Yale or the third day of practice. He's the first in line, first to the meeting, hustles in practice, hustles through every drill. There's just a spirit and energy about him that he's going to be someone you enjoy coaching." "I'M NOT TELLING YOU HE IS JUSTIN SMITH AS A PLAYER, BUT HIS WORK ETHIC, HIS MOTOR, THERE ARE A LOT OF SIMILARITIES."

One thing about Justin Smith is that even in the losing seasons, even off the playing field , dude was always wired and hustled. That Kurt Warner fumble from a few years back at the last minute was clutch and so awesome. Even though the season was lost, JS , Willis and Gore were going balls out every time.

Nice, good to see some J Smith love. What I find funny though is that he's comparing this rookie to Justin Smith because JS always gave his 100%, whether it was the first day of training camp or week 14, and he says "Mike's the same way". But this rookie hasn't experienced either of those lol.
Share 49ersWebzone