LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by tjd808185:
In theory that makes sense, but there's no guarantee that a 2nd rounder will produce more than a 3rd rounder. Some times that 2nd guy on your board or plan B is the better option.

If you're a Niner fan you root for the Niners and not stress about conditional picks.

Not stressing lol. But no matter how you wanna look at it a 2nd round pick is better and has more value than a 3rd.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Not stressing lol. But no matter how you wanna look at it a 2nd round pick is better and has more value than a 3rd.

Ultimately the value is the player selected with the pick. 51, 55, 68, 70 Don't over think it.

Ultimately the value is the player selected with the pick. 51, 55, 68, 70 Don't over think it.

Unless you're trying to trade up. In that case a 2 carries more value than a 3. No need to over think it, it's pretty simple, a 2nd round pick is better than a 3rd.
[ Edited by KegBert on Jun 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM ]

Unless you're trying to trade up. In that case a 2 carries more value than a 3. No need to over think it, it's pretty simple, a 2nd round pick is better than a 3rd.

Will you be sad if the chefs don't get the 9ers a 2nd rounder ?
I just dont see the big deal for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. s**t even a 4th or 10 5th rounder. I mean as a matter of fact, there is no guarentee that the individual chosen will even pan out. or u never know. what if we trade this pick next year to move up or something. I mean there is just know way of knowing anything really about the pic.

I say the chiefs will win 9 or 10 games next year. And we have an extra pick, so im excited about that. Not worried what round the pic is for.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I just dont see the big deal for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. s**t even a 4th or 10 5th rounder. I mean as a matter of fact, there is no guarentee that the individual chosen will even pan out. or u never know. what if we trade this pick next year to move up or something. I mean there is just know way of knowing anything really about the pic.

I say the chiefs will win 9 or 10 games next year. And we have an extra pick, so im excited about that. Not worried what round the pic is for.

I like this thought, in fact, we should trade all our first rounders for a bunch of seventh rounders because as you say...you never know if they pan out. Lol

You want the better pick. Better chance at best player available. Come on dudes. I can't believe we have pages of people discussing the pick. I hope the chiefs do well because I want better picks for the niners. Pretty simple concept. I hope Alex does well because he is a good dude. Pretty simple concept. If it doesn't work out, I will continue on.

Yeah, not much worried about it either. I'm hoping the Chiefs win out IF we do not.
Run…Run…and Run, but with More Passing

http://chiefconcerns.com/run-run-and-run-but-with-more-passing/

(homer. rah rah stuff, but damn, it is a boring time of the year)
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I like this thought, in fact, we should trade all our first rounders for a bunch of seventh rounders because as you say...you never know if they pan out. Lol

You want the better pick. Better chance at best player available. Come on dudes. I can't believe we have pages of people discussing the pick. I hope the chiefs do well because I want better picks for the niners. Pretty simple concept. I hope Alex does well because he is a good dude. Pretty simple concept. If it doesn't work out, I will continue on.

Well i used to think that but is that always the case. I mean you can make a difference as Mr. Irrelevant too. Let's look at kaep real quick. even tho he hasnt showed everything yet. I bet you some would of grabbed him in the first had they knew he could play like he has so far. I mean lets say a WR taken in the 4th came to be better than a WR chosen in the 1st. could be scheme, could be skill, or both. thats all im saying.

So thats why i dont care about the pick, because even if Harbs and Baalke think a player is a diamond in the rough. they care more about the skill than the round. Thats all my man. lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Will you be sad if the chefs don't get the 9ers a 2nd rounder ?

Of course not, it would just be sweet if they did. Not gonna worry about something I have zero control over.

Seems to me there's more excitement for a draft pick than us winning a Superbowl

Trading up into the top 12 or so (which is the only scenario where you'd trade a 2nd round pick) is rare, it requires a partner and cap space which is no guarantee.

I'm not saying a 3rd rounder is better, but it can be. To say otherwise is just ignoring how the draft works. It's not math or a science. You can make good moves on paper and have it blow up in your face. See NE. There was a time when everyone thought they were geniuses for acquiring future picks every year. In the end they just passed on prospects like Clay Matthews for nothing.

If KC makes the playoffs I'm not going to root for them to lose over a few spots. If they're 7-8 I'm not going to root for them to win over a round. Whatever pick we get make the most out of it. Hell the 3rd round has been really good to us.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Alexdontlivehere:
Seems to me there's more excitement for a draft pick than us winning a Superbowl

There wasn't this much excitement for our 2 2nd rounders this year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
So if the Chiefs win the SB, we get the last pick in the 2nd round (#64)

If the chiefs get last place , we get the 1st pick in the 3rd round (#65).
perfect...back to back picks..now that would be awesome

If they lost in the superbowl to the 9ers, we'd still get back to back picks...just saying.

Trading up into the top 12 or so (which is the only scenario where you'd trade a 2nd round pick) is rare, it requires a partner and cap space which is no guarantee.

I'm not saying a 3rd rounder is better, but it can be. To say otherwise is just ignoring how the draft works. It's not math or a science. You can make good moves on paper and have it blow up in your face. See NE. There was a time when everyone thought they were geniuses for acquiring future picks every year. In the end they just passed on prospects like Clay Matthews for nothing.

If KC makes the playoffs I'm not going to root for them to lose over a few spots. If they're 7-8 I'm not going to root for them to win over a round. Whatever pick we get make the most out of it. Hell the 3rd round has been really good to us.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, which is fine. I just don't think you will convince me a 3rd round pick is better for us than 2nd. I can pretty much guarentee you that Baalke would take the 2nd rounder.

I understand that the draft is very much a crap shoot. There is talent in all levels of the draft, hell there are UDFA's in the hall of fame and some more that are headed there. Also Trent has shown to be pretty damn good in the 2nd round. In 2011 we got our stud franchise QB, in 2012 we got James who is a very promising young back and this year we picked up Tank(an awesome value pick) and Vance who looks to be able to fill in nicely for Delanie and may become the red zone threat we've been needing.

I'm not saying he couldn't do just as well with a 3rd, he's proven to be pretty solid throught the draft (pulled our starting FB out of the 7th). I have a lot of faith in Baalke as a talent evaluator and drafter, so the more ammo he has the better I say.
Share 49ersWebzone