There are 293 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

I don't care what anyone says: RG3 is over-rated.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
RG3's might be more talented but dude is injury prone

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

I agree.

The question asked is fundamentally irrational.

Why? It's a legit question. I think RG3 might be more talented overall than Kap, but I'd rather have Kap as my QB for the simple fact that RG3 is very injury prone and has a history.

I feel smart

Go KAP

You feel smart for saying RGIII was injury prone, even though that was pretty much common knowledge?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I don't care what anyone says: RG3 is over-rated.

This. CK7 all day.
there is way more hype surrounding rg3 than kaep, which I do not think rg3 will live up to.

Part of that is based on the talent around him
I don't think RG III is overrated. I do think he's more susceptible to injury. Therefore, my choice is CK7. He's a pistol.
Kap > Everyone

I'm serious. There is no other QB, old or young, that I'd rather have. Not even Luck.
Kap's weakness?? I could only think of lack of experience
  • thl408
If there's one thing I haven't seen Kap do, it's throw with little time (poor pass protection). Sure there have been plays when Iupati/ADavis plays matador pass protection and Kap is instantly pressured, but unlike Luck, Kap has generally had a dynamite Oline that gives him ample time to make his reads. Hopefully we'll never have to find out the answer to this because the Oline will continue to be among the elite.

RG3 or Kap? Kap, all day. No homer.
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though
  • thl408
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I'd like to politely disagree with that statement. Rappers don't listen to "Call me Maybe"

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/08/28/rg3-music-is-the-heartbeat-of-the-world/

"A little background: Griffin III was listening to "Call Me Maybe" as he walked around the locker room yesterday before practice."
[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM ]

Originally posted by thl408:

I'd like to politely disagree with that statement. Rappers don't listen to "Call me Maybe"

"A little background: Griffin III was listening to "Call Me Maybe" as he walked around the locker room yesterday before practice."

Man card revoked imo
If there's one thing I haven't seen Kap do, it's throw with little time (poor pass protection). Sure there have been plays when Iupati/ADavis plays matador pass protection and Kap is instantly pressured, but unlike Luck, Kap has generally had a dynamite Oline that gives him ample time to make his reads. Hopefully we'll never have to find out the answer to this because the Oline will continue to be among the elite.

RG3 or Kap? Kap, all day. No homer.

I think that time mostly comes from them trying to keep him in the pocket....I remember one time the Bears tried to blitz him and someone came free right up the middle... he stayed there, took the hit, but got rid of the ball and hit Vernon...between two defenders. THAT's when I knew there was something special about him.

edit- whenever the Saints blitzed, Kap made them pay....there is so many ways he can kill you if you blitz.. you'd have to make sure you tackle him. It also helps that he breaks arm tackles as well.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Youngb:

Man card revoked imo

Permanently revoked.

you're right, he is!!

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

Share 49ersWebzone