There are 146 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Not even a question. Kaep...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I'm not saying Kaep ever did ran recklessly, but obviously he is being coached to be even more careful nowadays. RG3's maturity at his age is much better than Vick's 10 years ago - would we agree there?

I don't think you can really link the two of them in this regard without taking into consideration RG3's mindset and leadership qualities, which is why I believe he'll take better care of himself.

RG3 is a much better QB then Vick... I thought he was the best QB in that draft. But he is already on his 2nd major injury + he had a concussion during his Heisman season. They are both reckless QB's when they leave the pocket.
Before RG3's injury? Simple...........Kap.
I'll take Kaepernick over Wounded Knee, mmmmkay?
Majority in favor of Kaep!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Redeemer:
About what? Taking RG3 over Kaep? Ok.

But folks really want to pile it up RG3 like he's some kind of bum. He's still going to be a bona fide star in this league and his struggles last night have done nothing to change my mind about that. He'll learn from taking too many hits last year and take better care of himself, he played much better yesterday in the second half and more importantly gave a grown man's interview after the game, making no excuses and taking full accountability. He's a great leader. This was his first game coming back from a torn ACL and obviously pushing himself to be out there in week 1.

My beef with this whole thread isn't about who's better, it's about the idea that this comparison isn't even close. It's very good timing to be coming back to this after last night's game.

Thread title: Griffin or Kaepernick?

Your first post:

RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

contents within the thread, not the thread title. Stop reaching for what isn't there.

Please.

You were condescending at the comparison. I don't know if you're referring to our argument, but I never put down RGIII. I thought then that he'd be terrific and I still think he'll be great (I didn't bump this thread FWIW), I just think Kap holds the slight edge in potential, ability, and physical and mental traits.

I stand corrected. I did post that on the very first page. I foresaw homer posts with no objectivity whatsoever (based on what I see in Niner Talk on a regular basis), but looking back the discussion in this thread was pretty fair.

For the record, I got condescending when you started bringing up Wonderlic scores into the argument.
Kaep and its not even remotely close
Originally posted by valrod33:

You can have the injury prone QB all you want, give me the guy that led his team to the superbowl after only 7 starts
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
RG3's might be more talented but dude is injury prone

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by buck:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

I agree.

The question asked is fundamentally irrational.

Why? It's a legit question. I think RG3 might be more talented overall than Kap, but I'd rather have Kap as my QB for the simple fact that RG3 is very injury prone and has a history.

I feel smart

Go KAP

I see absolutely nothing funny about the statement. Kap is the better passer and the smarter runner. I wouldn't even consider trading the two of them.

You can have the injury prone QB all you want, give me the guy that led his team to the superbowl after only 7 starts

this, I'd take Kaep over RGIII all day.
An injury prone small QB vs. a big physical QB with a stronger arm, more height, just as good of speed, less injury prone. That's no comparison at all. Kaep is even more accurate.
RG3 throws too low and Kaep throws too high.
Originally posted by Empire49:

I see absolutely nothing funny about the statement. Kap is the better passer and the smarter runner. I wouldn't even consider trading the two of them.

You obviously don't know valrod therefore don't understand why I laugh.
Share 49ersWebzone