LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
So a QB who's 2 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier is automatically better? Good to know.

Also, you might want to follow NFL drafts a little bit closer: the only reason RG3 didn't go #1 overall was because Andrew Luck was in the same draft class. There's a reason why the Redskins traded a boatload to move up to get him. Kaep wasn't even considered a first rounder. RG3 was definitely the more highly touted prospect out of the two.

Feel free to argue that experts were wrong - was Kaep lucky to not be drafted by, say, the Jaguars?

He was a first round talent but teams felt he needed to sit a few years. You cant take a QB in the first round and not play him right away. If the read option had hit earlier Denver takes him at #2.

oh really? Ok.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Garcia:
RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

Yeah who knew that the 6'4 230 pounder (probably heavier now) with the strongest arm in college would be better than a 6'2 217 pounder who has an injury history and isnt big enough to take NFL hits on a regular basis.

Dont know how RG3 was the bigger prospect, arent prospects about potential?

So a QB who's 2 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier is automatically better? Good to know.

Also, you might want to follow NFL drafts a little bit closer: the only reason RG3 didn't go #1 overall was because Andrew Luck was in the same draft class. There's a reason why the Redskins traded a boatload to move up to get him. Kaep wasn't even considered a first rounder. RG3 was definitely the more highly touted prospect out of the two.

Feel free to argue that experts were wrong - was Kaep lucky to not be drafted by, say, the Jaguars?

It's not unheard of to have experts collectively be incorrect or short sighted in their evaluations.

Also one season does not make a career.

We will see how your argument holds up come end of season, but me personally, I'd not take a single QB in the NFL over Kap and said so a few days prior to the week one games in one of the Seadderall threads in the NFL section.

you need to read my latest posts, that guy quoted a post of mine from several months ago
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

RG3 also been injured twice already. He seems a little small and fragile to continue that style of play also I think Kap is a better pocked passer.

you guys are reaching

whos reaching now? would anyone in their right mind still take rg3 over the kaeptain
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I do think rg3 would be the better rapper though

you're right, he is!!

I have always liked this song, and there's not a lot of the new stuff that I like.

If your argument is that he was rated highr by the 'experts', then that just doesn't hold water. Joe Montana in the 3rd, Tom Brady in the 6th. I rest my case! The experts are wrong all the time and in every single draft.

You do make a good point forecasting Kaep so the number of games played is equal to Griffin. That is good stuff and very interesting. But the difference maker is injuries, and Griffin has had some big ones already. He just seems more fragile. But I guess anyone can go down on any given Sunday (or Monday, ot Thursday ... lol).
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

If your argument is that he was rated highr by the 'experts', then that just doesn't hold water. Joe Montana in the 3rd, Tom Brady in the 6th. I rest my case! The experts are wrong all the time and in every single draft.

You do make a good point forecasting Kaep so the number of games played is equal to Griffin. That is good stuff and very interesting. But the difference maker is injuries, and Griffin has had some big ones already. He just seems more fragile. But I guess anyone can go down on any given Sunday (or Monday, ot Thursday ... lol).

I wasn't really arguing anything there, just responding the guy's question

Dont know how RG3 was the bigger prospect, arent prospects about potential?

Obviously he wasn't following the draft very well.
I can't lie I think RGIII is a stud, and an excellent athlete to watch. However Kap is a freak of nature, and he is slowly becoming an amazing QB. We got it real good with this guy for many many years to come. I haven't been this excited since the Young days, and that my friends was a long time ago.
RG3 is a franchise QB. He is fragile. Kap is better. This is becoming more and more evident to everyone
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this question is preposterous, absurd, ridiculous, foolish, stupid, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, comical, risible, nonsensical, senseless, insane.
Some food for thought about each QBs potential coming out of college. RG3 and CK7's college stats:

RG3(Baylor):
Passing: Cmp: 800, Att: 1192, Pct: 67.1, Yds: 10366, TDs: 78, INTs: 17
Rushing: Att: 528, Yds: 2254, Avg Per: 4.3 yds. TDs: 33

CK7(Nevada):
Passing: Cmp: 740, Att: 1241, Pct: 58.2, Yds: 10098, TDs: 82, INTs: 24
Rushing: Att: 600, Yds: 4112, Avg Per: 6.9 yds. TDs: 59

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:47 AM ]

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this question is preposterous, absurd, ridiculous, foolish, stupid, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, comical, risible, nonsensical, senseless, insane.

Someone was exrcising his Google synonym search skills
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Some food for thought about each QBs potential coming out of college. RG3 and CK7's college stats:

RG3(Baylor):
Passing: Cmp: 800, Att: 1192, Pct: 67.1, Yds: 10366, TDs: 78, INTs: 17
Rushing: Att: 528, Yds: 2254, Avg Per: 4.3 yds. TDs: 33

CK7(Nevada):
Passing: Cmp: 740, Att: 1241, Pct: 58.2, Yds: 10098, TDs: 82, INTs: 24
Rushing: Att: 600, Yds: 4112, Avg Per: 6.9 yds. TDs: 59

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/

Hm, using college stats isn't really relevant to the argument:

Player X
Passing: Cmp: 661, Att: 995, Pct: 66.4, Yds: 9285, TD's: 88, INTs: 16
Rushing: Att: 692, Yds: 2947, Avg Per: 4.3 yds. TDs: 57.

I'm pretty sure it isn't too hard to figure out who Player X is.
Check out this bs article on espn comparing Kap, Wilson, Luck, Newton and Griffin:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9658208/nfl-hot-read-how-do-young-qbs-become-great

They have Kap rated pretty much the lowest of these 5 QBs! BS! When it's all said and done Kap will go down as the best of those 5, including Luck!
[ Edited by sdniner on Sep 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
I realize we are all 49er fans. And we see one QB more than any other, and are bised that way. If I am to be totally honest, the only QB in the league I might trade Kaep for is Aaron Rodgers (maybe Luck in a weak moment). But the age difference would probably stop me from doing so. All the others are great too (Luck, Griffin, Wison) but I really feel that Kaep has everything all the others have, in one package. Luck is mobile and strong, and has an NFL arm ... but Kaep does too and is faster. One thing about Luck is he is doing it with less talent than Kaep or Wison, by far. Griffin has it all, but is injury prone ... and has had some major ones for someone so young. To be honest, I think Wilson has the most upside. He is not as big as the others, but his mobility and instinct are incredible. He is a natural leader. And most importantly, he is surrounded by talent.

Bottom line, I do not think I would trade Kaepernick for any other player in the league, period! If he stays healthy he will go down as one of the all time 49er greats, if not the NFL.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Sep 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

Haha
Share 49ersWebzone