• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Good question. Can someone answer?

wont know anything till Wed
you know you are going to put a guy on injured reseve, you cut some guys knowing that and your solution is to sign a guy who may be suspended for the first game in green bay vs rogers, you then just arrogantly assume the hearing will go your way. jesus 22, i need some sort of a pill
Originally posted by cciowa:
you know you are going to put a guy on injured reseve, you cut some guys knowing that and your solution is to sign a guy who may be suspended for the first game in green bay vs rogers, you then just arrogantly assume the hearing will go your way. jesus 22, i need some sort of a pill

KKCO.
And Dobbs may be a real surprise.
With 2nd round talent though, right?

But he's still not prepared to be the #3 OLB on a contending team. It would be unfair to throw him into the fire.

Really wish the Cardinals didn't claim Westerman. He would've been a perfect fit for the backup OLB spot.
Dayyyyyyyyyum

Out for the season
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Same. I'm unsure of the plan that they have here. Make no doubt about it, losing Haralson is a big blow.

Originally posted by sfout:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

still recovering from his surgery, only 1 week of practice /discussion.

13 year veteran who will only see the field on maybe 10 snaps over throwing a rookie with only 1 week of reps into the fire.

Ok.

Glad we aren't facing a run team cause Haralson would be missed more. As someone pointed out Haralson wasn't likely to play much against GB cause of all the passing.

Sure Haralson wasn't going to be playing much, but he still would have been rotated in. Aldon Smith himself is just getting back together after a hip bruise.
i think we'll be ok, harelson is a great backup tho and he will be missed. lets hop Cam can play well when he gets a shot or they can resign bahktiari or francis
Originally posted by Schulzy:
With 2nd round talent though, right?

But he's still not prepared to be the #3 OLB on a contending team. It would be unfair to throw him into the fire.

Really wish the Cardinals didn't claim Westerman. He would've been a perfect fit for the backup OLB spot.

Agreed.
I'm okay Harlson is avg Lb Against the run, and below avg when it comes to getting pressure... Now were just really thin at this spot. Maybe they plan to give one of the backup middle linebackers some reps at outside.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Because he clearly isn't ready to be the primary backup OLB. Considering he missed much of TC I can't imagine the coaching staff having much faith in him.

Tim Ryan said in the SD game he wasn't strong enough to shed the blocks of big linemen, and that it wasn't unusual for a rookie to need a year in an NFL weight room to compete. If we see him this year, I think we'll be in desperate shape.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Sep 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM ]

i think the niners are at the level where they expect to win a superbowl this year, if they see that they need more proven depth they can trade for it, they stacked up a million draft picks and are deep at a ton of positions so if no one on the streets will fit im sure they can make a trade and it wont hurt them at all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I'm okay Harlson is avg Lb Against the run, and below avg when it comes to getting pressure... Now were just really thin at this spot. Maybe they plan to give one of the backup middle linebackers some reps at outside.
thier plan is to set around with thier finger up thier ass hoping the wednesday hearing thing goes thier way and then when it does not, they will roll out the shock and awe campaign about how this could happen because we are the nfl whiz kids
I'm on the outside, looking in (as are we all), but it sure would have been nice if either of the late cuts had made enough of an impression on Harbaalke to make the team/practice squad. Not thrilled at all that we're picking this guy up with either no experience on the team or a possible 3 game suspension being the best available option.

One of the bright spots last year that contributed to a fast start was the lack of a MAJOR early season injury. Hope Aldon holds up.
Cciowa is acting like we just lost Willis for the season.
Damn, OLB was already the thinnest part of our team. Good thing we were able to sign Haggans. I think he has enough in the tank to at least contribute from the backup OLB position.
Share 49ersWebzone