There are 189 users in the forums

Parys Haralson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Remember guys we will be in our nickel package for the vast majority of the GB game. Dobbs will come in for Aldon's situational role(since Aldon will be on the field for all snaps now) or we will likely bring in Spillman as an extra DB/OLB hybrid.

Haggans or even Haralson had he not been injured would probably only see the field on 10-15 snaps at most against GB, same with Detriot.

THIS.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN OLB Parys Haralson's season is over and next year might be in doubt with 49ers due to $2.87M salary.

See the Niners don't even want his sorry ass back.
we could have used him now, i am more concerned about our depth on the eve of a game in green bay than what happens next year

We don't need him.
yes we do not need him, f**k it, we do not need anyone. lets see as things stand now,, we have two linebackers who may not be 100 per cent cuz they are still "working through some things",, we got a 35 year old who may not play sunday. yep we are set, look how much we have accomplished today and wow its not even f**king dinner time yet

Smith and Brooks will be ready for Sunday.
i know they will be and that makes me feel better but i would like to know if they will be 100 per cent. they are not exactly playing against joe joe the monkey boy
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?

they knew about his injury, they bring in a guy who could get suspended for the first game against a great team. jesus f**king christ
lol this

Idk about bringing back Bakhtiari, I like him and love his motor, but from a tactical stand point being able to read plays, im not sure if hes ready yet. I think I would prefer we signed Alama- Francis, hes pretty decent at all phases of the position, i.e. pass rush, getting off blocks, coverage and run stopping.

At this point, i have no idea the direction Harbaugh and Baalke are going with this position, not a dis on them, just kinda surprised at the guys they let go, considering how thin we were after some injurys. With that said I trust them.

Same. I'm unsure of the plan that they have here. Make no doubt about it, losing Haralson is a big blow.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?

they knew about his injury, they bring in a guy who could get suspended for the first game against a great team. jesus f**king christ
lol this

Idk about bringing back Bakhtiari, I like him and love his motor, but from a tactical stand point being able to read plays, im not sure if hes ready yet. I think I would prefer we signed Alama- Francis, hes pretty decent at all phases of the position, i.e. pass rush, getting off blocks, coverage and run stopping.

At this point, i have no idea the direction Harbaugh and Baalke are going with this position, not a dis on them, just kinda surprised at the guys they let go, considering how thin we were after some injurys. With that said I trust them.

Same. I'm unsure of the plan that they have here. Make no doubt about it, losing Haralson is a big blow.
thier f**king stupid half ass plan is to hope the hearing goes well for them wed. i would rather slide down a f**king razor blade then plan my week around that s**t
Why not Cam Johnson?????
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Remember guys we will be in our nickel package for the vast majority of the GB game. Dobbs will come in for Aldon's situational role(since Aldon will be on the field for all snaps now) or we will likely bring in Spillman as an extra DB/OLB hybrid.

Haggans or even Haralson had he not been injured would probably only see the field on 10-15 snaps at most against GB, same with Detriot.

THIS.

Im forced to quote myself again to remind people. It doesn't matter if it is Haralson, Haggans, Bakhtari, Johnson or anyone else. We will be in our nickel package the near entirety of the game with Dobbs coming in as 3rd down pass rusher with Aldon playing a traditional role. Secondly Spillman's hybrid goalline DB role can be adapted to anywhere on the field if needed.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Good question. Can someone answer?

THIS.

Im forced to quote myself again to remind people. It doesn't matter if it is Haralson, Haggans, Bakhtari, Johnson or anyone else. We will be in our nickel package the near entirety of the game with Dobbs coming in as 3rd down pass rusher with Aldon playing a traditional role. Secondly Spillman's hybrid goalline DB role can be adapted to anywhere on the field if needed.
I agree from a one game perspective, but losing Haralson the entire year is a bit concerning. Having only Dobbs as the primary back up to Smith and Brooks isnt a sound plan and i know Harbaugh and Baalke know this, im just wondering what their plan is for the entire season, seeing as we got rid of every LB we had in preseason lol.

Cam Johnson will be back but how much did he learn from OTA's and preseason games?
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Because he clearly isn't ready to be the primary backup OLB. Considering he missed much of TC I can't imagine the coaching staff having much faith in him.
Originally posted by taney71:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

wont know anything till Wed

• sfout
  • Veteran
Why not Cam Johnson?????

still recovering from his surgery, only 1 week of practice /discussion.

13 year veteran who will only see the field on maybe 10 snaps over throwing a rookie with only 1 week of reps into the fire.
We are fine, Cam will be in the mix by mid season.
Why not Cam Johnson?????

13 year veteran who will only see the field on maybe 10 snaps over throwing a rookie with only 1 week of reps into the fire.

7th round rookie at that..

Why not Cam Johnson?????

Ok.

Glad we aren't facing a run team cause Haralson would be missed more. As someone pointed out Haralson wasn't likely to play much against GB cause of all the passing.
Why not Cam Johnson?????

7th round rookie at that..

With 2nd round talent though, right?
Share 49ersWebzone