There are 191 users in the forums

When will people finally admit Aaron Rodgers has incredible talent around him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Exactly. Stop kidding yourselves. Those guys are all stars. It's like a Pro Bowl roster on offense. Great system and coaching too. I mean really would Flynn put up even 1/2 that on our team?....

Ya I completely agree with you. They are stacked

Yup. What a joke. A scrub 2nd stringer comes in and looks better than Joe Montana. And people think it's "all Rodgers."....

So does that mean Rodgers is just a scrub starter bc he has never gotten as many yards and TDs

Why does the GB backup look better than Joe Montana? Explain it to me. I've yet to hear an explaination?....

Better than Montana? ROFL!!!!!!!! sarcastic or not never ever say that again. you do NOT know anything about how to judge a QB if you're SERIOUS about that statement.

"Look better than." Do you understand what that means? It doesn't mean he is. But in this game he looked better than any QB who ever walked the earth. Do you think there is some talent on that team surrounding the QB?...

When did Montana throw for 480 yards and 6 TD's BTW? Just curious?
Once the ball gets rolling it doesn't necessarily stop with any injury. Us back in the day, Philadelphia, New England, Green Bay. Just because Cassel steps in for Brady does that mean Brady's a system quarterback? Fat chance.

It funny that you're suggesting that Rodgers is a system quarterback, but at the same time ignoring that their receivers and line are benefitting from that same system too. Jordy Nelson is not going to be a 1,400 15 touchdown receiver for us. I have a hard time believing he'd be an upgrade over Crabtree. Ryan Grant had a 80 yard touchdown. You really think he's an upgrade over Gore? Their talent on the offensive line is nothing special.

If there's a difference between us and them it's that we overthrew our great system while Favre allowed them to make a smooth transition between quarterbacks.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM ]
Matt Flynn = Matt Schaub 2.0

We;ve seen this before and the lions have a horrible secondary
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Once the ball gets rolling it doesn't necessarily stop with any injury. Us back in the day, Philadelphia, New England, Green Bay. Just because Cassel steps in for Brady does that mean Brady's a system quarterback? Fat chance.

It funny that you're suggesting that Rodgers is a system quarterback, but at the same time ignoring that their receivers and line are benefitting from that same system too. Jordy Nelson is not going to be a 1,400 15 touchdown receiver for us. I have a hard time believing he'd be an upgrade over Crabtree. Ryan Grant had a 80 yard touchdown. You really think he's an upgrade over Gore? Their talent on the offensive line is nothing special.

If there's a difference between us and them it's that we overthrew our great system while Favre allowed them to make a smooth transition between quarterbacks.

If a backup can come in hardly playing and post 480 yards and 6 TD's it's not unfair to say there is A LOT OF TALENT surrounding the QB on that team plus A GREAT SYSTEM plus GREAT COACHING. A QB there is in an adventageous situation.
lol and to think we had McCarthy all to ourselves
Originally posted by zillabeast:
lol and to think we had McCarthy all to ourselves

McCarthy deserves some due credit. The system, play calling and coaching are absolutely awesome on that team. And they are well schooled and don't make mistakes. And they have good players too.
If a backup can come in hardly playing and post 480 yards and 6 TD's it's not unfair to say there is A LOT OF TALENT surrounding the QB on that team plus A GREAT SYSTEM plus GREAT COACHING. A QB there is in an adventageous situation.

Matt Flynn has been with the Packers for years. He knows their system, and everyone knows Green Bay is a well coached football team. That doesn't take anything away from Rodgers. Sean Payton is a pretty good football coach as is Bill Belichek. They know what talent is required to succeed in their system.

Ultimately though making definitive statements based off of one game is pretty dumb. Just last week weren't you guys saying Green Bay can't put up points without Greg Jennings. How's that turning out for you?
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM ]

Matt Flynn has been with the Packers for years. He knows their system, and everyone knows Green Bay is a well coached football team. That doesn't take anything away from Rodgers. Sean Payton is a pretty good football coach as is Bill Belichek. They know what talent is required to succeed in their system.

Ultimately though making definitive statements based off of one game is pretty dumb. Just last week weren't you guys saying Green Bay can't put up points without Greg Jennings. How's that turning out for you?

Hmmmm... So you are suggesting that SEVERAL YEARS IN THE SAME SYSTEM makes a QB BETTER?....
Hmmmm... So you are suggesting that SEVERAL YEARS IN THE SAME SYSTEM makes a QB BETTER?....

I don't think anybody ever argued otherwise.

Life is tough. Everyone doesn't get to sit behind a legend, and fall into a great situation. Doesn't mean that's the only reason why Rodgers is successful though, and doesn't take anything away from him either.

I do find it hilarious though that in one thread you're digging up 3 year old arguments, and the other thread suggesting to replace Alex.

I don't think anybody ever argued otherwise.

Life is tough. Everyone doesn't get to sit behind a legend, and fall into a great situation. Doesn't mean that's the only reason why Rodgers is successful though, and doesn't take anything away from him either.

I do find it hilarious though that in one thread you're digging up 3 year old arguments, and the other thread suggesting to replace Alex.

I'm ok with sticking with Alex BTW. He played better than expected. And he still has future growth IMO. The Luck thread is just discussion. The price will probably be too high to be realistic for us.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
I'm ok with sticking with Alex BTW. He played better than expected. And he still has future growth IMO. The Luck thread is just discussion. The price will probably be too high to be realistic for us.

Doesn't matter what the price is when we have zero interest.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Doesn't matter what the price is when we have zero interest.

It's certainly possible we will have zero interest. Picking where we are I suspect that is the case.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Exactly. Stop kidding yourselves. Those guys are all stars. It's like a Pro Bowl roster on offense. Great system and coaching too. I mean really would Flynn put up even 1/2 that on our team?....

Ya I completely agree with you. They are stacked

Yup. What a joke. A scrub 2nd stringer comes in and looks better than Joe Montana. And people think it's "all Rodgers."....

So does that mean Rodgers is just a scrub starter bc he has never gotten as many yards and TDs

Why does the GB backup look better than Joe Montana? Explain it to me. I've yet to hear an explaination?....

Better than Montana? ROFL!!!!!!!! sarcastic or not never ever say that again. you do NOT know anything about how to judge a QB if you're SERIOUS about that statement.

"Look better than." Do you understand what that means? It doesn't mean he is. But in this game he looked better than any QB who ever walked the earth. Do you think there is some talent on that team surrounding the QB?...

When did Montana throw for 480 yards and 6 TD's BTW? Just curious?

Cause the 80s NFL = the 2011 NFL?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Great post. I agree with you on everything except maybe Jordy Nelson. I can see how it's very debatable, though.

Yes, the Packers have a lot of well coached talent playing in a great scheme with continuity.

Matt Flynn does not suck.

Aaron Rodgers is undeniably elite.

I don't see how any of these things are mutually exclusive.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Great post. I agree with you on everything except maybe Jordy Nelson. I can see how it's very debatable, though.

Yes, the Packers have a lot of well coached talent playing in a great scheme with continuity.

Matt Flynn does not suck.

Aaron Rodgers is undeniably elite.

I don't see how any of these things are mutually exclusive.

I don't think anybody suggests Rodgers hasn't played well. What he does have however is....

~ Great coaching.
~ Great scheme.
~ Great play calling.
~ Great WR's.
~ Great TE's.
~ Better O Line protection than given credit for.
~ Continuity and chemistry. Many years in the same system with the same guys.

He has a tremendously advantageous situation. When the backup can come in and look like one of the best QB's who ever walked the earth it says something about the talent level on that team.
Share 49ersWebzone