There are 204 users in the forums

CBA Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
stides

lol
Originally posted by lamontb:
The same goes for every team in the league.

your right. However those teams have more then one QB and his name isn't David Carr
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Jan 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=136656&highlight=cba
Major Buzzkill.

This is a horrible situation for any new HCs like Harbaugh to be in. It just makes the entire off season all the more difficult and kills time needed for preparation.

Goodell recently said the fans asked for less preseason games. Of course the owners saw that as a way to make more money with an 18 game schedule but are not willing to compensate the players. Also the injury risk goes up.

I guess the lesson here is - be careful what you wish for.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
This is a horrible situation for any new HCs like Harbaugh to be in. It just makes the entire off season all the more difficult and kills time needed for preparation.

Goodell recently said the fans asked for less preseason games. Of course the owners saw that as a way to make more money with an 18 game schedule but are not willing to compensate the players. Also the injury risk goes up.

I guess the lesson here is - be careful what you wish for.

I see the 18 game schedule as nothing more than an opportunity to make money. I've never been in favor of it. More so from a coaching perspective. I always saw the 4 game pre-season as an oportunity from players with 3 seasons or less to get reps and for coaches to be given an opportunity to really evaluate those bubble players. You can't do that in just 2 games.
The NFL demanding 18 games is kind of ridiculous. Based on injury alone, so many teams rosters get depleted throughout the year, maybe if theres no agreement i could be in favor of a meet in the middle 17 games but thats just me wanting football to be normal.

I do find it highly ridiculous that such a mega corporation staple of america cant get a deal worked out. And the fans will have a lot to say if this lockout goes on longer than anyone hopes. I think the situation looks bad right now from most peoples perspective. But i also think at the conclusion of the season and draft both sides will be pressured to negotiate, i just cant see the league letting its overall business be hurt by this lockout for very long. Not in todays age. I could be wrong, it could be horrible replacement players and a voided season but i have a little faith at the present time the pressure will be on and some sort of deal gets done, if only a short cba to be re negotiated later.
adbrandt

Hope floats: NFL-NFLPA to meet Saturday after Goodell-Smith mtg today.

If anything they should just agree to extend the current CBA by one more year to allow them to work this s**t out
AdamSchefter

Goodell and De Smith also agreed to a series of meetings over next few weeks, both formal bargaining sessions and smaller group meetings.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
adbrandt

Hope floats: NFL-NFLPA to meet Saturday after Goodell-Smith mtg today.

If anything they should just agree to extend the current CBA by one more year to allow them to work this s**t out

Owners don't want that they want changes now.
Five of the 50 best-compensated American athletes in 2009 were NFL rookies.

link

I agree with the players not wanting 18 games, but there really needs to be a rookie salary cap.
I heard an idea of extending the playoff an extra week or 2 instead of 18 games.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
AdamSchefter

Goodell and De Smith also agreed to a series of meetings over next few weeks, both formal bargaining sessions and smaller group meetings.

They'll work it out. The media has played this as much as they can to get every ounce of a story out of it, but from the very beginning things were always going to work out.

I saw an article that showed the amount of money the NFL and teams would lose if a lockout happened, it was outrageously high. No team wants to lose that money.
Originally posted by Janitor:
AdamSchefter

They'll work it out. The media has played this as much as they can to get every ounce of a story out of it, but from the very beginning things were always going to work out.

I saw an article that showed the amount of money the NFL and teams would lose if a lockout happened, it was outrageously high. No team wants to lose that money.

No nfl player starter or bubble can be out a year worth. They'd all loss even more money and the guys who make bank like revis or mannings could afford it, but the lower end players couldn't and most of them havent finished college so any real job wouldn't happen..
Share 49ersWebzone