There are 358 users in the forums

CBA Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Rich b***hes! If you care so much about your long term health why not buy just one car? Or one house? You get paid millions! Why not put some aside for your health dumb a$$e$. So much greed on both sides.

I hate how the players made this "let us play" thing on twitter. No one is saying you can't play! Stfu and deal with s**t, in this economy your going to complain? What happened to it's for the fans? Millions are not enough huh.

[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Feb 11, 2011 at 05:19:48 ]
Millionaires vs Billionaires.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Rich b***hes! If you care so much about your long term health why not buy just one car? Or one house? You get paid millions! Why not put some aside for your health dumb a$$e$. So much greed on both sides.

I hate how the players made this "let us play" thing on twitter. No one is saying you can't play! Stfu and deal with s**t, in this economy your going to complain? What happened to it's for the fans? Millions are not enough huh.

the owners are saying they can't play

nothing will get done til it's deadline time, and I don't think the owners see March 3rd as a real deadline.
Originally posted by lamontb:

nothing will get done til it's deadline time, and I don't think the owners see March 3rd as a real deadline.

The owners are saying agree to this and you can play. Big difference.
The players get paid after each game, the owners make money from each game... me thinks the players will want to drag it out all the way into camp so to miss all the required offseason work outs and OTAs, and magically an areement will be inplace by the first or second preseason game...

lol, wut?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol, wut?
Yeah the players have to give on this. The owners hold the power and the players have to relieze the increase on salaries the last few years has been crazy and it can't go on. They will have to be the ones that give in if they want to play... Otherwise the more this drags out the longer they won't get paid, and less years they have left to make that millions of dollars!
Put me down for pro player.

MOST of these guys dont make big money relative to the headline contracts. Even the contracts are BS. Except for the gaureentee money, nothing is certain for these guys. The average career is less than four years, but the physical effects are life long.

All of these guys come into the NFL as kids, are surrounded by preditory agents, and are followed by childhood friends who are young, dumb and full of cum. I'm not saying it's the owners fault, because it's not, but for a lot of these young men this is the only money they have ever had and will be broke when it's all said in done. Not everybody has good strong family role models who are used to handling wealth. Too bad the money couldn't be kept in a trust until they turn 30. I just think all the lights, fame, girls, friends and money is too much to handle for young men with little guidance.

I just dont understand why these Billionaire owners need a bigger piece of the pie? I really dont. I would love for all the players in the NFL to defect to a UFL/XFL type league if this lockout really happens. f**k these rich b***hes.
If no sides agree by the allotted time do we get replacement players? That's what I wanna know.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

MOST of these guys dont make big money relative to the headline contracts. Even the contracts are BS. Except for the gaureentee money, nothing is certain for these guys. The average career is less than four years, but the physical effects are life long.

All of these guys come into the NFL as kids, are surrounded by preditory agents, and are followed by childhood friends who are young, dumb and full of cum. I'm not saying it's the owners fault, because it's not, but for a lot of these young men this is the only money they have ever had and will be broke when it's all said in done. Not everybody has good strong family role models who are used to handling wealth. Too bad the money couldn't be kept in a trust until they turn 30. I just think all the lights, fame, girls, friends and money is too much to handle for young men with little guidance.

I just dont understand why these Billionaire owners need a bigger piece of the pie? I really dont. I would love for all the players in the NFL to defect to a UFL/XFL type league if this lockout really happens. f**k these rich b***hes.

I don't know. For all intents and purposes, these players are men. The information is out there on how to manage money. Hell, a little common sense goes a long way. They aren't kids, they have been pampered, and are lucky to be in a position to make so much money playing a game.

These players keep wanting more and more money, but they only play a handful of games per season compared to other sports. I understand that the majority are on the minimums, but that is still close to 500,000 a season for veterans.

The way I see it, the contract demands will continue to get higher and higher... well, is it really too much to ask for there be more of a product to validate such salaries? I just don't see how these contracts can continue at such a pace.

P.S. Sure the players salaries increase every year, but so does the revenue. I think the agents are a big part of the problem, not the players. I understand the concept of inflation, but why in the world the salaries increase so much over the course of a year is beyond me. Of course, if I was Manning and I saw what Bradford made I would want a lot more money too.

I say F the rookies. Put them on a low salary 2 year contract with first rights of refusal (RFA) the two years after. That way the team is protected or you dont get screwed like CJ.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If no sides agree by the allotted time do we get replacement players? That's what I wanna know.

Why? You running routes?

I side with the owners. The players get a fair wage, everything else should belong to the owners....thats part of the deal. Nothing stopping the players from combining their significant wealth and starting their own league where they can be the owners.......oh wait there is that pesky risk though. The same risk the owners bore all by themselves to get into this position in the first place.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Why? You running routes?

Yes.
Share 49ersWebzone