LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 210 users in the forums

Kolb is done in Philly -- what would you trade for him?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Kolb is done in Philly -- what would you trade for him?

lets make it happen before the Dolphins do
Adam Schefter said on NFL Countdown that the Eagles asking price for Kolb is two 1st rd. draft picks & just like last yr. they will not budge off that price. I would love Kolb maybe even for a 1st depending on where we're drafting but no way in hell we give up two 1st nor should we.
Originally posted by epdavis:
Adam Schefter said on NFL Countdown that the Eagles asking price for Kolb is two 1st rd. draft picks & just like last yr. they will not budge off that price. I would love Kolb maybe even for a 1st depending on where we're drafting but no way in hell we give up two 1st nor should we.

For Kolb? I don't even rate him as worth one but I really can't see anyone paying two. When does he go out of contract?
Originally posted by English:

For Kolb? I don't even rate him as worth one but I really can't see anyone paying two. When does he go out of contract?

If we were to hire Mike Holmgren or Jon Gruden, we could get a better deal because of their relationship with Andy Reid.
Originally posted by Mad49er:

If we were to hire Mike Holmgren or Jon Gruden, we could get a better deal because of their relationship with Andy Reid.

too bad Holmgrin is hiring Gruden in Ohio: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147954
Originally posted by global_nomad:

too bad Holmgrin is hiring Gruden in Ohio: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147954

If Holmgren is itching to coach again and the 49ers call him up I think he chooses to go home.

Sorry but I do not buy this statement at all. Why would Reid let Kolb go cheaper because of a past relationships, his job is to do what's best for the Eagles not help out old friends. Also Holmgren tried to get Kolb before & Reid did not lower his price & that would have sent Kolb to the AFC not the NFC.

Sorry but I do not buy this statement at all. Why would Reid let Kolb go cheaper because of a past relationships, his job is to do what's best for the Eagles not help out old friends. Also Holmgren tried to get Kolb before & Reid did not lower his price & that would have sent Kolb to the AFC not the NFC.

Two first round picks just doesn't make sense to me. If they were to try to trade Kolb again this offseason they should try to get the best deal they can get. Michael Vick will most likely get a huge contract after this season and I don't think Kolb would even want to stay to back up a high priced QB.

Two first round picks just doesn't make sense to me. If they were to try to trade Kolb again this offseason they should try to get the best deal they can get. Michael Vick will most likely get a huge contract after this season and I don't think Kolb would even want to stay to back up a high priced QB.

theyre gonna franchise Vick so giving two 1sts would get Vick, why trade two 1sts for Kolb when Vick will have the same price? but f**k that, if were trading two firsts for everyone it should be to move up and get Andrew Luck

It makes sense in that Kolb will make 1.4 million next year, and Michael Vick is a highly injury prone QB. Why would you trade him if you're the Eagles? Sure some picks would be nice but so would a starting caliber backup QB for when your starter inevitably goes down.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I would give a lot, but not 2 first.
I wouldn't trade for him at all. I'd rather draft a QB and develop him.
I think Kolb will go wherever Marty Morneweg ends up, and I'm for certain Morneweg will be a HC again next season (Marty's become a hot commodity in the media, and I could see him going to the Vikings to retain the WCO-atmosphere Chilly left in place).

Otherwise, wherever Kolb goes, it will be a WCO-friendly environment so he can flourish at the price he's traded for (and Reid would make sure of this cause he cares about his players).
  • dj43

Two first round picks doesn't make a lot of sense until you consider what a QB starved league this is. Half the teams in the league would be ecstatic if they could trade their current starter straight across for Kevin Kolb. Of course the Eagles would demand more than that but I make that statement to illustrate why two 1sts is not an exorbitant price.

It isn't about what makes sense, it is about what the market price will create, and in this league AT THIS TIME, a good QB is worth an awful lot of money.
Share 49ersWebzone