LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 141 users in the forums

Kolb is done in Philly -- what would you trade for him?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Kolb is done in Philly -- what would you trade for him?

Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
As cheap as Kolb is gonna be next year they have no reason to trade him especially if Vick keeps taking hits like he is. IMO the Eagles wont trade him unless they get blown away with an offer.

I don't know, if I heard correctly Kolb will be on the books for 10 million next year. Add that to what it'll take to sign Vick (which promises to be a pretty absurd contract) and I think they'll be priced out.

Kolb makes 1.392 million next year. thats it, no bonus.

1,392 million!!! Check your decimal points!
  • dj43
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
no way I would trade Justin Smith, our 2nd best Defensive Player behind Willis for Kolb.

I wouldn't either. I used Smith specifically to illustrate the "quarterback premium" Philly will be able to extract from a team that is just a QB away from the playoffs.

The 49ers need a QB but that is far from the only need they have to make a serious playoff run. The kind of team that would make that deal is someone like the Vikings where their veterans are getting close to the end of their prime playing days and they are willing to sacrifice a good player of 1st round pick to try for the SB.
As cheap as Kolb is gonna be next year they have no reason to trade him especially if Vick keeps taking hits like he is. IMO the Eagles wont trade him unless they get blown away with an offer.

I don't know, if I heard correctly Kolb will be on the books for 10 million next year. Add that to what it'll take to sign Vick (which promises to be a pretty absurd contract) and I think they'll be priced out.

not correct.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=386037901679

making over 12M in 2011.
Out of the choices above I'd give a 2nd. this year.. I'd say a 1st. this year, but they'd heave to swap 1st. rounders with us, and add him in to seeten the pot..

not correct.

making over 12M in 2011.

Wow a FB link. Kolbs 10 million dollar bonus was paid this year. Why wouldn't it have been?

It was a 12 mil, 1 year EXTENSION. So it was basically, including this 2010 season, two years, 13 mil (including his small base salary this year, the last of his rookie deal.)
10 million of this supposed 12 mil in new money was in the form of a bonus, paid this year.

Edit-the exact numbers:
4/29/2010: Signed a two-year, $12.25 million contract. The deal, fully guaranteed, included a $10.7 million signing bonus. 2010: $715,000, 2011: $1.392 million, 2012: Free Agent

[ Edited by jojomellon on Nov 25, 2010 at 02:30:10 ]

not correct.

making over 12M in 2011.

Wow a FB link. Kolbs 10 million dollar bonus was paid this year. Why wouldn't it have been?

It was a 12 mil, 1 year EXTENSION. So it was basically, including this 2010 season, two years, 13 mil (including his small base salary this year, the last of his rookie deal.)
10 million of this supposed 12 mil in new money was in the form of a bonus, paid this year.

Edit-the exact numbers:
4/29/2010: Signed a two-year, $12.25 million contract. The deal, fully guaranteed, included a $10.7 million signing bonus. 2010: $715,000, 2011: $1.392 million, 2012: Free Agent

lmfaoo. Are you really questioning AB83?
kolb is a pocket passer he needs pocket and time we dont have that
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Alex Smith and Troy Smith are mobile QBs and they get sacked often. We need a QB that can throw WRs open to avoid sacks and gain long gains/drives.

A good QB can make a mediocre O-line look good.
2nd round pick
  • dj43
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Alex Smith and Troy Smith are mobile QBs and they get sacked often. We need a QB that can throw WRs open to avoid sacks and gain long gains/drives.

A good QB can make a mediocre O-line look good.

...and vice versa...

Originally posted by Byisgod:

not correct.

making over 12M in 2011.

Edit-the exact numbers:

Did you not read my post? I didn't post a FB link released at the time of the deal, I gave you the exact, correct specs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
How is Kolb done in Philly? Until they sign Vick to 4-5 year contract, he is stayin' in Philly unless someone makes an offer that Philly can't refuse.

not correct.

making over 12M in 2011.

Edit-the exact numbers:

Did you not read my post? I didn't post a FB link released at the time of the deal, I gave you the exact, correct specs.

look at the link, it says Adam Schefter reported its worth over 12M in 2011. Not just 1.392M
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
How about a 4th or 3rd at most? I'd trade for him, but not for a 1st or 2nd. Also, Childress would be a good OC, too.

I could really see Childress as Gruden's OC.

Really -- only a 3rd? I heard Philly got offers higher than that last year for Kolb.

I think it'll take a second rounder, but I expect his value to deflate from last year. Watching their games, Kolb has many weaknesses that are masked by the qb friendly system and great supporting cast. He consistently struggles making his progressions , a trait that I think is a deal breaker for a potential franchise qb.

not correct.

making over 12M in 2011.

Edit-the exact numbers:

look at the link, it says Adam Schefter reported its worth over 12M in 2011. Not just 1.392M

Yeah? I said as much. It was a one year extension, and most of it was in the form of a bonus paid THIS year. Details are never exact until days after a deal is reported just like we're seeing here.
Share 49ersWebzone