LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Definitely Gruden. Im guessing our season is down the tank. Tell Gruden this:

You're basically gonna get either Andrew Luck or Jake Locker, meaning, you're gonna get a Franchise QB. Throw in some playmakers with the other picks and we are good to go. All we need is a well coached team and with this division we should dominate.

And with a badly coached team we are 0 - 4...
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by TN-Niner:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BenQ:
why is jon harbaugh in consideration. is he falling out in baltimore?

Jon?

LMFAO FAIL
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You're basically gonna get either Andrew Luck or Jake Locker, meaning, you're gonna get a Franchise QB. Throw in some playmakers with the other picks and we are good to go. All we need is a well coached team and with this division we should dominate.

And with a badly coached team we are 0 - 4...

Its as easy as that. What have the 49ers had in common since 2004? Bad coaches and bad QB's. Since then almost every game we have been outcoached and are automatically at a disadvantage by having a worse QB.

Get a high pick and take a QB, and get a coach which can actually coach and scheme. And i see a lot of W's

Luck:
"I don’t think about [the NFL Draft] that much," the redshirt sophomore said on KNBR. "I still consider myself a pretty young guy. I need to get a degree in college before I start thinking about that stuff. I will probably stay in school for sure."

and locker is s**t. he will be a bust. mark my words.

that being said, I would still take harbaugh over chucky. get a vet qb, draft for a qb in 3rd round and lower. address pass rush first and foremost.
Who ever we get I want them to be able to put in a pro staff. I'm in envy of the kansas city staff
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 76Razor:

Luck:
"I don’t think about [the NFL Draft] that much," the redshirt sophomore said on KNBR. "I still consider myself a pretty young guy. I need to get a degree in college before I start thinking about that stuff. I will probably stay in school for sure."

that being said, I would still take harbaugh over chucky. get a vet qb, draft for a qb in 3rd round and lower. address pass rush first and foremost.

Luck says that now, but maybe when an agent says he will get $40M Guaranteed he may change his mind

Luck:

Harbaugh can turn Locker into a star. Singletary would turn Locker into Alex Smith. Walsh would make Locker....well, Walsh had a guy just like Locker, and he filled in pretty well for Joe. We need someone who knows QBs, and then we can take Locker.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Doesn't it have to be Gruden? I mean, Chucky, in Frisco?

Chucky: Fro, it is f*cking game time brother! You ready?

Fro: C'Mon MAN!
Im not sure about gruden he prefers seasoned QBs and the tampa 2. We dont have either. I dont know about harbough but i would want an offensive head coach that can call his own plays. I kind of like atlantas mularkey and batimores cameron.
Urban Meyer, and not because of the alex smith connection. The guy is a mastermind. York should throw 10 million a year at him and let him build his own staff, excluding Jerry sullivan of course. Meyer has owned all of college ball and will destroy the NFL.

Originally posted by AkNiners:
Urban Meyer, and not because of the alex smith connection. The guy is a mastermind. York should throw 10 million a year at him and let him build his own staff, excluding Jerry sullivan of course. Meyer has owned all of college ball and will destroy the NFL.

No.

i almost posted the same thing. I don't know about destroying the league, but he has the intelligence to keep up with this passing league and to utilize our weapons. it would be interesting. but his lack of experience would be scary.

i almost posted the same thing. I don't know about destroying the league, but he has the intelligence to keep up with this passing league and to utilize our weapons. it would be interesting. but his lack of experience would be scary.

Snyder tried Spurrier and that was a joke!!!
The last two coaches we had were assistants who have never been head coaches before. When Singletary is fired after the season the Jed York can't go after yet another assistant as a head coach. No way. There is now a stadium on the line. In this economy you can't expect a city to fork over millions and millions of dollars for a stadium when the team that's gonna be playing there is contempt with mediocrity.

York needs to go for broke on the next head coach. Only way to do that is with a guy who's been to the promised land before. Someone with a ring. Yes it will cost a lot of money to get a guy with that type of resume but you think Jed will hesitate in doing so after he forked over contracts to Vernon and P Willy? I don’t think so.

John Gruden is a guy who started off in the NFL as a coach with the niners. He took over the Bucs who were a talented yet underachieving team (sound familiar) and made them into super bowl champions. He is a beach and sun type of guy. The only other team out there that I think would interest him as much as the niners is the dolphins. But when you factor in the talent each team has at skill positions and the division each team is in the niners come out looking like the more attractive option.

Other than Gruden I don’t see anyone else out there at all. Harbaugh at Stanford is intriguing. No Chucky. But intriguing nonetheless. Who else out there you guys like?
thank god you used caps in the title, I would of never found this treasure
Share 49ersWebzone