There are 287 users in the forums

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Since we can't discuss this in Niner talk, I will post it here because I really want to discuss this. I can't look forward to watching our football team getting blown out week after week. I have to look forward to something.

So far I am leaning towards Jon Gruden for two reasons.

1.Gruden knows QB's and is an offensive minded head coach.
2. He will return us to a WCO like we should be!
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Oct 1, 2010 at 6:10 AM ]
harbaugh
Hit "enter" instead of "tab" and didn't finish all the poll options.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
why is jon harbaugh in consideration. is he falling out in baltimore?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Not the biggest fan of bringing college coaches in here, I don't see Cowher wanting to come here. I would like to see Gruden.
Cowger
Gruden
Harbaugh
Billick

in that order
[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Sep 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by BenQ:
why is jon harbaugh in consideration. is he falling out in baltimore?

no retreads please, gimme harbaugh

Gruden flamed out in TB because he could never find a QB either

Billick lucked into a great Ravens defense and never fixed the offense, which was his background

Cowher can't bring Dick LeBeau along
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
I would like to see Gruden at HC, at the very least he would bring back the WCO, and be entertaining to watch on the sideline.
Originally posted by znk916:

Billick lucked into a great Ravens defense and never fixed the offense, which was his background

An argument I've heard in defense of Gruden in TB is that they traded so many draft picks to get him that it eventually set them back.

And Harbaugh would be a noob in the nfl, I don't know what my expectations would be with another rookie HC...

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

An argument I've heard in defense of Gruden in TB is that they traded so many draft picks to get him that it eventually set them back.

And Harbaugh would be a noob in the nfl, I don't know what my expectations would be with another rookie HC...

The thing that I like about Harbaugh is that he's a football mastermind which is what we ultimately need. Hey, the last coach that we hired from Stanford worked out pretty well!

But yeah, your concern is valid though. At this point, I just want a offensive HC who:
1. is going to call his own plays.
2. has his own system.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 26, 2010 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

sorry mate, it's too hard to remain optimistic anymore. Maybe we defy the odds and make the playoffs, but it is obvious that to win over the long term, this team requires some fundamental changes.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by teeohh:

The only thing that I like about Harbaugh is that he's a football mastermind which is what we ultimately need. Hey, the last coach that we hired from Stanford worked out pretty well!

But yeah, your concern is valid though. At this point, I just want a offensive HC who:
1. is going to call his own plays.
2. has his own system.

-9fA

And is going to get us a REAL QB!
if it takes Gruden off of the monday night crew.... i'm all for it.
Share 49ersWebzone