LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 272 users in the forums

Alex Smith Vs. Shaun Hill. . .

Shop 49ers game tickets
Alex Smith v. Cody Pickett v. Ken Dorsey v. Giovanni Carmazzi v. Jim Druckenmiller

Please post the stats.
  • titan
  • Veteran
They both suck!
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by lazy:
Shaun Hill won games when it didn't matter.

like our last two games last year? Also, Hill took us to the brink of victory against the red hot vikings last year, in Minnesota.

p.s. Hill threw for 300+ yards in his most recent game, something I think Smith has only done once in his career if I'm not wrong, lol.

his yardage was all YAC shaj i know you hate smith but hill was not good today. decent game manager thats all

I don't doubt Hill played bad; I didn't see the game. the 300+ yards caught my eye though. That's a basic QB stat Smith has only seen once in his career, right? pretty damning......

I saw one pass: about three yards in the air that Best then took 75 yards. Hill is gritty and tough and a nice guy to have come in as a 2. But he is not a starting NFL QB. You will, undoubtedly, come back that Smith isn't either. Even if that is the case, Hill showed last year that he was not going to be the answer.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Shaun Hill sucks. Best and Johnson gave him his numbers today.

haha haha Alex even if he had those players he wouldn't get these #s !

[ Edited by cNiner on Sep 19, 2010 at 19:19:58 ]
Originally posted by BHulman:

like our last two games last year? Also, Hill took us to the brink of victory against the red hot vikings last year, in Minnesota.

p.s. Hill threw for 300+ yards in his most recent game, something I think Smith has only done once in his career if I'm not wrong, lol.

his yardage was all YAC shaj i know you hate smith but hill was not good today. decent game manager thats all

I don't doubt Hill played bad; I didn't see the game. the 300+ yards caught my eye though. That's a basic QB stat Smith has only seen once in his career, right? pretty damning......

I saw one pass: about three yards in the air that Best then took 75 yards. Hill is gritty and tough and a nice guy to have come in as a 2. But he is not a starting NFL QB. You will, undoubtedly, come back that Smith isn't either. Even if that is the case, Hill showed last year that he was not going to be the answer.

I blame Norv for chasing the money. He screwed us! Like toes on headboard screwed. Can we PLEASE just get Vick PLEASE! Since we lost out on McNabb. . . . Drives a man to drink. . . I want winners my @ss

i agree that hill is a good back up , but Alex is not even good enough qb to be a good back up and we have him starting !
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:

i agree that hill is a good back up , but Alex is not even good enough qb to be a good back up and we have him starting !

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith. How is that even arguable? He has better numbers, a better winning %, better intangibles...you could go on and on.

I don't think people realize that Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in the NFL (at the moment).

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.[/quote
I will argue that Alex Smith is better than Shaun Hill. I don't even think Smith is that great either. Shaun Hill is a mirage.

You just proved my point.

I would argue it too and since it was stated clearly I'll use this quote...

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jahvid Best...dump offs...broke tackles...inflation...noodle arm...

And also point out that Hill only averages 1 TD a game wearing the Red and Gold. Smith was averaging damn near 3 a game last season.

Also for the obtuse arguing Hill's case... Smith gave up 1 TD due to a mistake by Tree. But I guess that doesn't matter. Nor that our Defense needed life Support by the 3rd Quarter. We had ZERO Pass Rush and Hasselback caught our opportunists for 21 points.

Stop bashing Smith or just stop being a fan. At this time I could give a flying f@ck which. If he tanks this season then he's gone. If not then I didn't have to see the crap being heaped on the guy. You guys doing this crap know who you are. So much for you guys giving the man this season to put up or shut up. No honor amongst the Whiners on the Zone.

F@CK Pie Throwing Hill, he sucked when he played for us.

~Ceadder

I agree, Hill was not the answer for our team, but you gotta understand Alex is not the answer either. He's the starting qb, good, lets just hope we can win tomorrow, but we saw what the robot can do, Hill and Smith both suk....

This is the most that I have ever agreed with one of your posts. I would say I agree about 75%. I may agree more in a few weeks.

how did u come up with 75%??
Quote:

Hill is not the answer, I hope we can win tomorrow, Smith is the starting QB - I Agree
Hill and Smith both suk - I agree 50% I am not convinced about either of them. - Grand Total? - 75% If Smith continues to play how he did last week then we will be in complete agreement in several weeks.

[ Edited by dtcomposer on Sep 19, 2010 at 19:24:08 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith. How is that even arguable? He has better numbers, a better winning %, better intangibles...you could go on and on.

I don't think people realize that Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in the NFL (at the moment).

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.[/quote
I will argue that Alex Smith is better than Shaun Hill. I don't even think Smith is that great either. Shaun Hill is a mirage.

And also point out that Hill only averages 1 TD a game wearing the Red and Gold. Smith was averaging damn near 3 a game last season.

Also for the obtuse arguing Hill's case... Smith gave up 1 TD due to a mistake by Tree. But I guess that doesn't matter. Nor that our Defense needed life Support by the 3rd Quarter. We had ZERO Pass Rush and Hasselback caught our opportunists for 21 points.

Stop bashing Smith or just stop being a fan. At this time I could give a flying f@ck which. If he tanks this season then he's gone. If not then I didn't have to see the crap being heaped on the guy. You guys doing this crap know who you are. So much for you guys giving the man this season to put up or shut up. No honor amongst the Whiners on the Zone.

~Ceadder

I agree, Hill was not the answer for our team, but you gotta understand Alex is not the answer either. He's the starting qb, good, lets just hope we can win tomorrow, but we saw what the robot can do, Hill and Smith both suk....

This is the most that I have ever agreed with one of your posts. I would say I agree about 75%. I may agree more in a few weeks.

Quote:

Hill is not the answer, I hope we can win tomorrow, Smith is the starting QB - I Agree
Hill and Smith both suk - I agree 50% I am not convinced about either of them. - Grand Total? - 75% If Smith continues to play how he did last week then we will be in complete agreement in several weeks.

i think you're a little off, but ok...

~Ceadder

Quote:

I am off. It would be more like 87.5% ... that seems to high. Im sticking with 75%

• fly15
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

Quote:

I am off. It would be more like 87.5% ... that seems to high. Im sticking with 75%

at least u agree....

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.

~Ceadder

Yeah I guess that is my main problem with what has been going on here the last week. People were all saying that they would just let the season play out (realizing that there are ups and downs in even the best seasons- remember '94?) but one poor game, and all these people come out of the woodwork. It is pitiful actually, and shows little class, and less football knowledge.

Also. Jones49 how did I prove your point? You said that anyone who thinks Smith is better than Hill is a complete idiot. I will debate it right now point by point if you would like? Oh, I see, I proved your point because if somebody disagrees with your obviously expert opinion they must be crazy right? Do you work in an NFL front office?

Play on the field speaks for itself, right. If that is true then Smith is definitely not as good as Hill. I'm not saying that Smith doesn't have more skills or potential than Hill, that would make me the idiot. I don't want either as my starter, don't get me wrong. But enough is enough with this Niner Talk bulls**t of sticking up for Alex. He his garbage and cant even be as EFFECTIVE as Hill. I'm sorry, but that is a fact. Sorry to seem like an a*****e but this Niner Talk backing up of Alex Smith has gotten old the past 6 years. Time to face reality...Alex being what we all want him to be its just not going to happen.

[ Edited by jones49 on Sep 19, 2010 at 19:49:55 ]
You know what....if Shaun Hill earns a first down in the 4th quarter (when it counted the most)...there is no "favre miracle"

You know what......we ran the ball 3 straight times with Coffee and punted....when we could've have put them away.

Shaun Hill also got us the lead by "earning us first downs" and throwing a key TD to Vernon Davis........"when it counted".

This thread is ONE YEAR TOO LATE!!!!

I honestly cant beleive it made 5 pages.
At this moment it's like trying to make a decision about which ugly girl to ask to the prom.
Share 49ersWebzone