LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Alex Smith Vs. Shaun Hill. . .

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by excelsior:
It looks like Alex (QB rating of 52.5) has company in the "sucks" catagory. This week: Flacco - 23.8, Favre - 44.3, Vince Young - 48.3, Hasselbeck - 51.2. Even the great Tom Brady had an off day at 72.5.

Yeah it just looks like a lot of QBs have started off the season rather shaky.

Exactly, and now we bringin the Shaun HIll comparison back. Here we go!!!!

I mean can we ever just focus fully on the QB's that we have. Cuz id take Nate Davis over HIll and he's a 3rd stringer. Hill wasnt a terrible QB, but he's not on our team anymore, so can we just leave all the other QB;s alone if they aint on our team.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 20, 2010 at 06:10:23 ]
Originally posted by Deodato:
POINT PROVEN!!

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/jim_schwartz_on_wbbl_2.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-lions+%28Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com%29

Between 2007-09, Hill was 10-6 as the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers. For his career, Hill has completed 61.2 percent of his passes, tossing 23 touchdowns and only 12 interceptions.

Yea, Alex Smith is better...
  • dj43
It is sad to see this franchise which was known for an innovative passing game now struggling with wide receivers that could not start for the Detroit Lions.

When Shaun Hill was here it was clear he did not have the arm strength to be a downfield threat but now he is in Detroit where they have invested draft choices in the kind of receivers that can read defenses, are fast and agile, that can get separation and YAC. Yes, it was only one game but is showed a need on this team that must be addressed in the 2011 draft. The quality of the receivers has a huge effect on the efficiency of the QB, and Shaun Hill just showed that yesterday.
This is seriously like beating a dead horse. Hill became inept with the lack of creative playcalling which we are now burdened with in 2010. I liked Hill, he was a gamer. I would much rather have him as a backup than David Carr. If Raye had more adjustments to his playcalling, he may have succeeded even more. Hill would have been 3-3 last year before he got pulled, but something tells me they will give Smith more than 3 losses.

However, Hill is gone, so the comparison is null. We are stuck with Smith now, and must ride the bandwagon until the wheels fall off. I am suprised this thread made it to 7 pages without being locked.
Originally posted by dj43:
It is sad to see this franchise which was known for an innovative passing game now struggling with wide receivers that could not start for the Detroit Lions.

When Shaun Hill was here it was clear he did not have the arm strength to be a downfield threat but now he is in Detroit where they have invested draft choices in the kind of receivers that can read defenses, are fast and agile, that can get separation and YAC. Yes, it was only one game but is showed a need on this team that must be addressed in the 2011 draft. The quality of the receivers has a huge effect on the efficiency of the QB, and Shaun Hill just showed that yesterday.

Hit the nail right on the head....

Wonder when our receivers will play like this.
How bad is it when we have to compare our Starting QB to backups to try and make ourselves feel better about our QB situation...
I see poeple just can't get over the fact that Shaun Hill is not here anymore...
Why our Franchise sucks? Because we ask questions like this far too much

Alex vs. Rattay
Alex vs. Dorsey
Alex vs. Dilfer
Alex vs Hill
Alex vs. JTO
Alex vs Carr

We should be asking questions like

Alex vs. VY
Alex vs. Cutler
Alex vs. Ryan
Alex vs. Flacco
Alex vs. Sanchez
Alex vs. Stafford

etc etc....
Originally posted by danimal:

Alex vs. Rattay
Alex vs. Dorsey
Alex vs. Dilfer
Alex vs Hill
Alex vs. JTO
Alex vs Carr

Alex vs. VY
Alex vs. Cutler
Alex vs. Ryan
Alex vs. Flacco
Alex vs. Sanchez
Alex vs. Stafford

etc etc....

Agree 100%
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by danimal:

Alex vs. Rattay
Alex vs. Dorsey
Alex vs. Dilfer
Alex vs Hill
Alex vs. JTO
Alex vs Carr

Alex vs. VY
Alex vs. Cutler
Alex vs. Ryan
Alex vs. Flacco
Alex vs. Sanchez
Alex vs. Stafford

etc etc....

Agree 100%

How bad is it when we have to compare our Starting QB to backups to try and make ourselves feel better about our QB situation...

Im with you on that one. I thought the HIll debate was done. But as far as the WR situation, i dont know when our team will ever adress that true issue.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Im with you on that one. I thought the HIll debate was done. But as far as the WR situation, i dont know when our team will ever adress that true issue.

Unfortunately, I see it as a delivery issue not at receiving issue. Sure, if it was only one or two players then I could see it as a receiver issue; but, I have a hard time buying into all our receivers have a problem instead of thinking the one thing in common (QB) has a problem; but, I'm getting off subject...
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Unfortunately, I see it as a delivery issue not at receiving issue. Sure, if it was only one or two players then I could see it as a receiver issue; but, I have a hard time buying into all our receivers have a problem instead of thinking the one thing in common (QB) has a problem; but, I'm getting off subject...

But u have to be real, and say just because it's hard to buy it, doesnt make it untrue. And it may not be all, but i'll say it's more than it should be over the years. I mean Brandon L, D.Jack, Crabs at times, J. Hill, etc. Much more than one or two over the years.

Only someone blind couldns see that our WR's have been having these issues, whether JTO, HIll, or Smith has been at the helm. So trust me i know how you see the QB issue, please believe if anything thats one thing i do know about you as a poster.

But im simply pointing out that our WR's have had issues, catching, getting separation, or even failing on certain routes. And this has been an issue for a long time despite the QB issue, dont forget it hasnt been Smith starting every game for the past 5 years.
Disregard this post...

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 20, 2010 at 09:11:43 ]
Originally posted by jrg:
omg

...for real.

I bet if Rashaun woods came back and did "OK" everybody would be like, "Damn...we should have kept his @ss. Please...noodle arm has megatron FCOL and from the looks of it Detroit is a much better coached team!!!
Share 49ersWebzone