Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by lazy:
Shaun Hill won games when it didn't matter.

like our last two games last year? Also, Hill took us to the brink of victory against the red hot vikings last year, in Minnesota.

p.s. Hill threw for 300+ yards in his most recent game, something I think Smith has only done once in his career if I'm not wrong, lol.

his yardage was all YAC shaj i know you hate smith but hill was not good today. decent game manager thats all

I don't doubt Hill played bad; I didn't see the game. the 300+ yards caught my eye though. That's a basic QB stat Smith has only seen once in his career, right? pretty damning......

I saw one pass: about three yards in the air that Best then took 75 yards. Hill is gritty and tough and a nice guy to have come in as a 2. But he is not a starting NFL QB. You will, undoubtedly, come back that Smith isn't either. Even if that is the case, Hill showed last year that he was not going to be the answer.

i agree that hill is a good back up , but Alex is not even good enough qb to be a good back up and we have him starting !

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Shaun Hill sucks. Best and Johnson gave him his numbers today.

JAHVID BEST...a stud
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

JAHVID BEST...a stud

Yepper
Why are we still doing this lame ass comparison again?
It looks like Alex (QB rating of 52.5) has company in the "sucks" catagory. This week: Flacco - 23.8, Favre - 44.3, Vince Young - 48.3, Hasselbeck - 51.2. Even the great Tom Brady had an off day at 72.5.
Shaun Hill > Alex Jamarcus Leaf
Originally posted by excelsior:
It looks like Alex (QB rating of 52.5) has company in the "sucks" catagory. This week: Flacco - 23.8, Favre - 44.3, Vince Young - 48.3, Hasselbeck - 51.2. Even the great Tom Brady had an off day at 72.5.

Yeah it just looks like a lot of QBs have started off the season rather shaky.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith. How is that even arguable? He has better numbers, a better winning %, better intangibles...you could go on and on.

I don't think people realize that Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in the NFL (at the moment).

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.

I will argue that Alex Smith is better than Shaun Hill. I don't even think Smith is that great either. Shaun Hill is a mirage.

You just proved my point.

I would argue it too and since it was stated clearly I'll use this quote...

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jahvid Best...dump offs...broke tackles...inflation...noodle arm...

And also point out that Hill only averages 1 TD a game wearing the Red and Gold. Smith was averaging damn near 3 a game last season.

Also for the obtuse arguing Hill's case... Smith gave up 1 TD due to a mistake by Tree. But I guess that doesn't matter. Nor that our Defense needed life Support by the 3rd Quarter. We had ZERO Pass Rush and Hasselback caught our opportunists for 21 points.

Stop bashing Smith or just stop being a fan. At this time I could give a flying f@ck which. If he tanks this season then he's gone. If not then I didn't have to see the crap being heaped on the guy. You guys doing this crap know who you are. So much for you guys giving the man this season to put up or shut up. No honor amongst the Whiners on the Zone.

F@CK Pie Throwing Hill, he sucked when he played for us.

~Ceadder

Yeah I guess that is my main problem with what has been going on here the last week. People were all saying that they would just let the season play out (realizing that there are ups and downs in even the best seasons- remember '94?) but one poor game, and all these people come out of the woodwork. It is pitiful actually, and shows little class, and less football knowledge.

Also. Jones49 how did I prove your point? You said that anyone who thinks Smith is better than Hill is a complete idiot. I will debate it right now point by point if you would like? Oh, I see, I proved your point because if somebody disagrees with your obviously expert opinion they must be crazy right? Do you work in an NFL front office?

I think those people who think Hill is better than Smith are on Crack. 2 seasons ago I mapped out how you beat us with Hill under Center. Got told off for it and then it happened EXACTLY how I said it would. Hill limited this team and when teams had film on him they did exactly as I said they would.

Sunday our team beat themselves more than Shattle beat them. ToP was so skewed in our favor in the 1st half we should have won the game. Instead it went all lopsided after Halftime. It could be argued that it went that way in the 2nd Quarter but we were still in it.

But that's going to happen when you Run the ball 19 times and throw it 45 times over the whole game on the Road. Especially in Shattle.

I've never said that Alex didn't have a hand in the Loss, but damn guys his part was minimal when you compile all the facts. I just want to see what happens this season, not just one game before moving on.

If we have to move on fine. But I'd rather support the team over all facets and hope that we're not back here next year with a Rookie QB or a Bum FA player. All the premiere QBs' are locked up under Contract. A Rookie will take time to develop. So if Smith can flip the switch isn't that what we SHOULD want?

Hill is gone for good, he's NOT coming back and I wouldn't want him back anyway.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by excelsior:

Yeah it just looks like a lot of QBs have started off the season rather shaky.

Didnt you know? You can ONLY compare Smith to other QBs when they do better than him.
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Give the Lions Jimmy Raye as their OC and there's not a chance in the world Hill puts up 300+ on anyone. Hill is a gamer, sure, but I wouldn't expect him to do that here with Raye in San Fran.

If we're going to praise Hill for his numbers today, I hope people use the same standards they used on Alex. The Lions were all but getting blown out 35-17 late in the game. Some around here might say... "Clearly the defense relaxed and let up for the Lions to start scoring."

Or trade Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree for Calvin Johnson and Jahvid Best and see what kind of numbers Shaun Hill had.

Originally posted by lazy:
Shaun Hill won games when it didn't matter.

Yeah and Alex has done it in clutch moments.

He has.

He's better than Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith. How is that even arguable? He has better numbers, a better winning %, better intangibles...you could go on and on.

I don't think people realize that Alex Smith is one of the worst QBs in the NFL (at the moment).

Cant argue that. It's sad but true. In fact, anyone that would argue that would be a complete idiot. One might have more QB skills but it doesn't make him the better QB.

I will argue that Alex Smith is better than Shaun Hill. I don't even think Smith is that great either. Shaun Hill is a mirage.

You just proved my point.

I would argue it too and since it was stated clearly I'll use this quote...

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jahvid Best...dump offs...broke tackles...inflation...noodle arm...

And also point out that Hill only averages 1 TD a game wearing the Red and Gold. Smith was averaging damn near 3 a game last season.

Also for the obtuse arguing Hill's case... Smith gave up 1 TD due to a mistake by Tree. But I guess that doesn't matter. Nor that our Defense needed life Support by the 3rd Quarter. We had ZERO Pass Rush and Hasselback caught our opportunists for 21 points.

Stop bashing Smith or just stop being a fan. At this time I could give a flying f@ck which. If he tanks this season then he's gone. If not then I didn't have to see the crap being heaped on the guy. You guys doing this crap know who you are. So much for you guys giving the man this season to put up or shut up. No honor amongst the Whiners on the Zone.

F@CK Pie Throwing Hill, he sucked when he played for us.

~Ceadder

Yeah I guess that is my main problem with what has been going on here the last week. People were all saying that they would just let the season play out (realizing that there are ups and downs in even the best seasons- remember '94?) but one poor game, and all these people come out of the woodwork. It is pitiful actually, and shows little class, and less football knowledge.

Also. Jones49 how did I prove your point? You said that anyone who thinks Smith is better than Hill is a complete idiot. I will debate it right now point by point if you would like? Oh, I see, I proved your point because if somebody disagrees with your obviously expert opinion they must be crazy right? Do you work in an NFL front office?

I think those people who think Hill is better than Smith are on Crack. 2 seasons ago I mapped out how you beat us with Hill under Center. Got told off for it and then it happened EXACTLY how I said it would. Hill limited this team and when teams had film on him they did exactly as I said they would.

Sunday our team beat themselves more than Shattle beat them. ToP was so skewed in our favor in the 1st half we should have won the game. Instead it went all lopsided after Halftime. It could be argued that it went that way in the 2nd Quarter but we were still in it.

But that's going to happen when you Run the ball 19 times and throw it 45 times over the whole game on the Road. Especially in Shattle.

I've never said that Alex didn't have a hand in the Loss, but damn guys his part was minimal when you compile all the facts. I just want to see what happens this season, not just one game before moving on.

If we have to move on fine. But I'd rather support the team over all facets and hope that we're not back here next year with a Rookie QB or a Bum FA player. All the premiere QBs' are locked up under Contract. A Rookie will take time to develop. So if Smith can flip the switch isn't that what we SHOULD want?

Hill is gone for good, he's NOT coming back and I wouldn't want him back anyway.

~Ceadder

1) If Smith can flip a switch, he can do it anytime now. . . Its only been 6 years. . .

2) If us having ToP and STILL losing is your arguement. When we get BLOWN OUT AGAIN TODAY, what will be your excuse then? We did win ToP? Smith had a off night? Our line wasnt protecting? Defense to aggressive, (which is an oxymoron if you think about it).

And another person that believes you have a Tom Brady out of college. . . GET REAL! Of course a rookie will take time to develop, THATS WHY THEY ARE CALLED ROOKIES!!!! We take a Nate Davis, who has God giving talent and ability abd we PUSH HIM. Drill him. Force feed him the playbook (by a new OC, Can Rayes ass.) We do all the things (except give him the captain title for free) that sing is doing for Smith and we take our lumps and build!! WHY IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE!! To make a cake you gotta break some eggs!! Fing Alex Smith should be on Aces of Cake or Cake Boss by now with all the d@** eggs he has broke and thrown.

Its ok. In the end Alex Smith will go down as a bust (that everyone EXCEPT real players, fans, experts, babysitters, firemen, cops, bus boys, etc dont make excuse for us giving him the #1 pick and 40 million for.) and he will clean house for us. Cause anyone that thinks we as a org are not imploding is on the cush. Yet we deserve a new stadium. . . .D@** I would hate to see what we deserve if this guy took us to the promise land. . . .

STOP PROTECTING THIS BUST OF A DRAFT PICK!! ITS BEEN 6 GOING ON 7 YEARS!! Am going to buy gimp balls for all the Smith lovers. . . Since they like being demoralized and take it like a good little girl without any questions. . .
we add a mod and there is still a 6 page smith vs hill thread?.....
POINT PROVEN!!

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/jim_schwartz_on_wbbl_2.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-lions+%28Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com%29
Share 49ersWebzone