LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Alex Smith Vs. Shaun Hill. . .

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just thought I would start a thread and compare Alex Smith (Our HAND PICKED captain and man who will lead us to the promise land.) Vs Shaun Hill (The ugly QB who wanted to win and was a winner but NEVER REALLY had the coaching staff backing and basically was run out of town in a VERY disrespectful manner.)

Smith After 1 Game: *will be updated after tomorrows game

Comp/Attempts 26/45
Comp Percentage 57.8
Yards 225
Avg Yards 5.0
TD 0
INT 2
Sacked 2

Hill After 2 Games:
Game1: 1.5 Quarters of Play
Comp/Attempts 9/19
Comp Percentage 47.4
Yards 88
Avg Yards 4.6
TD 0
Int 1
Sacked 1

Game 2:
Comp/Attempts 25/45
Comp Percentage 55.6
Yards 335
Avg Yards 7.4
TD 2
INT 2
Sacked 2

Just a lil early comparison. Did we make a mistake?
Originally posted by Deodato:
Just thought I would start a thread and compare Alex Smith (Our HAND PICKED captain and man who will lead us to the promise land.) Vs Shaun Hill (The ugly QB who wanted to win and was a winner but NEVER REALLY had the coaching staff backing and basically was run out of town in a VERY disrespectful manner.)

Smith After 1 Game: *will be updated after tomorrows game

Comp/Attempts 26/45
Comp Percentage 57.8
Yards 225
Avg Yards 5.0
TD 0
INT 2
Sacked 2

Hill After 2 Games:
Game1: 1.5 Quarters of Play
Comp/Attempts 9/19
Comp Percentage 47.4
Yards 88
Avg Yards 4.6
TD 0
Int 1
Sacked 1

Game 2:
Comp/Attempts 25/45
Comp Percentage 55.6
Yards 335
Avg Yards 7.4
TD 2
INT 2
Sacked 2

Just a lil early comparison. Did we make a mistake?

By letting Shaun go and not keeping him as a number 2...yes. But its mostly or offensive system that sucks. Some teams have great systems. Just look at the Eagles and the game Vick had today. That s**t would not happen in SF.
yeah we sure made a mistake. you saw what happens with the game on the line and hill in charge. 1st and 10 from your own 45 and you can't get into f**king fg range in 1:30?

i will take alex smit 8 days a week over shaun hill. all you have to do is blitz him and man up on the outside. there is absolutely no chance that he will beat you deep save a blown coverage. alex smith can get the ball down field and at least present a threat.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
omg
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill won games when it didn't matter.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
omg
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lazy:

like our last two games last year? Also, Hill took us to the brink of victory against the red hot vikings last year, in Minnesota.

p.s. Hill threw for 300+ yards in his most recent game, something I think Smith has only done once in his career if I'm not wrong, lol.

[ Edited by Shaj on Sep 19, 2010 at 17:39:13 ]
this has to be a previously banned member...

lock it up!
shaun hill wasnt even that good today his numbers are all YAC. arm still looked weak and he miss alot of opportunities
no cuz he still lost.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:

like our last two games last year? Also, Hill took us to the brink of victory against the red hot vikings last year, in Minnesota.
Exactly. He padded wins under Nolan,,,,,same as alex smith last year.
Hill Couldn't move the Chains against Atlanta.

p.s. Hill threw for 300+ yards in his most recent game, something I think Smith has only done once in his career if I'm not wrong, lol.

his yardage was all YAC shaj i know you hate smith but hill was not good today. decent game manager thats all
I move that Members with less than triple digit posts cannot start new threads.

~Ceadder
You Shaun Hill lovers need to get off his Dick! He's not here anymore! HELLO!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

his yardage was all YAC shaj i know you hate smith but hill was not good today. decent game manager thats all

I don't doubt Hill played bad; I didn't see the game. the 300+ yards caught my eye though. That's a basic QB stat Smith has only seen once in his career, right? pretty damning......
Shaun Hill sucks. Best and Johnson gave him his numbers today.
Share 49ersWebzone