LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by danimal:
Big Ben is the most overrated QB in the NFL? Really?

then wtf is Alex Smith

I don't mean to make fun of Smith but damn

You know the definition of overrated don't ya. Anybody can be overrated. A 3rd string safety could be overrated

Now if you are asking me who is the most overrated QB in the NFL based on a poll of webzoners...I would definitely say Alex Smith.

But I was speaking nationally. Many fans think Big Ben is better than he actually is...IMHO.....thus I think he is the most overrated QB in the NFL. I also think Favre is really overrated these days.

I don't care if he's overrated by fans.

He is a franchise QB who wins games. Sure he might not be a flashy guy like Brees but he still gets the job done.

He will s**t on any QB we have and if he's available (which I really doubt they just will s**t him away) then I would like to see us at least try.

We all have hopes and dreams of Smith becoming a great QB and I support it but with our luck he's gonna fail. Then what? Draft another QB? I dunno I just wanna win a SB and Big Ben has done it twice. Sure he sucked in his first one but he still made it there.

You do realize we are not the Pittsburgh Steelers right.

You do realize there is a concept that sometimes a player is made to look better by his teammates and coaches right.

Peyton on the Niners. LOVE IT
Brady on the Niners. LOVE IT
Brees on the Niners. LOVE IT
Roethlisberger on the Niners. Hmm.

You see my point.

Trust me, I know he would be better than Alex Smith. Ben > Alex on all 32 teams. I get that. So then you have to measure how much of an upgrade he would be over Alex vs. the cost(which should be viewed as a total team negatory)

Thats where I am not sure it is a good move for us.

Don't get me wrong, I would be stoked. But I wouldn't be surprised if it flopped also.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

then wtf is Alex Smith

You know the definition of overrated don't ya. Anybody can be overrated. A 3rd string safety could be overrated

Now if you are asking me who is the most overrated QB in the NFL based on a poll of webzoners...I would definitely say Alex Smith.

But I was speaking nationally. Many fans think Big Ben is better than he actually is...IMHO.....thus I think he is the most overrated QB in the NFL. I also think Favre is really overrated these days.

He is a franchise QB who wins games. Sure he might not be a flashy guy like Brees but he still gets the job done.

He will s**t on any QB we have and if he's available (which I really doubt they just will s**t him away) then I would like to see us at least try.

We all have hopes and dreams of Smith becoming a great QB and I support it but with our luck he's gonna fail. Then what? Draft another QB? I dunno I just wanna win a SB and Big Ben has done it twice. Sure he sucked in his first one but he still made it there.

You do realize there is a concept that sometimes a player is made to look better by his teammates and coaches right.

You see my point.

Trust me, I know he would be better than Alex Smith. Ben > Alex on all 32 teams. I get that. So then you have to measure how much of an upgrade he would be over Alex vs. the cost(which should be viewed as a total team negatory)

Don't get me wrong, I would be stoked. But I wouldn't be surprised if it flopped also.

Even if it did flop it would be absolutely worth the risk.
The steelers arent that much better than we are. I feel we have similar teams. Their OL isnt very good, like ours, and Big ben still raped defences.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
The steelers arent that much better than we are. I feel we have similar teams. Their OL isnt very good, like ours, and Big ben still raped defences.

poor choice of words there
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

HIYOOOO!
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Chief:
I don't want a f**king rapist on our team...

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.

we have all technically raped at one time

I been accused of it. Was screwed till chicks best friend busted her out.

that f**king sucks man. Hope the b***h got some time for that.

puff puff pass marsh.....you suppose to pass

then wtf is Alex Smith

You see my point.

that you compared to the 3 best qb's in the NFL? I do indeed see your point, but any other QB would be "hmmm" compared to those 3.
My point is. That out of all the generally recognized 2nd tier QB's in the NFL, I like Roeth the least.

I'd let Ben rape anyone of yall if it meant he comes to the Niners lol
Statement: Accuser 'dragged' to room

after reading this following article from ESPN of the acconts of the accusers friends I have come to a conclusion that she was raped. also I believe that Roethlisberger has settled with the accuser thus for her not to press chargers. furthermore, if a DA gets a case of any normal humans, no matter how much the accuser begs for the chargers to be dropped the legal system would not listen.

Per ESPN Article "A friend of the woman who accused Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told authorities that Roethlisberger's bodyguard "dragged" the woman into a bathroom where the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback and woman had sexual relations. In 500-plus pages of documents released Wednesday, Nicole Biancofiore told investigators from the Georgia Bureau of Investigations that her friend, a student at Georgia College & State University, "was dragged by a bodyguard to the back room in Capital [City, a local nightclub]. She was extremely intoxicated and not aware of what was happening. He had sex w/me and meanwhile his bodyguards told my friends they couldn't pass them to get to me," the accuser wrote in her statement, which was reported in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Another friend of the accuser, Aliesha Scholten, told investigators that she tried to open a locked door, but "she was taken away by a bodyguard of Ben's. A third friend, Ann Marie Lubatti, told police, that she "approached the other security guard and told him that she [the accuser] was in no shape to be back there with Ben Roethlisberger. He couldn't look me in the eye, and told me he didn't know what was going on. My friend went to open the door, and it was locked."

puff puff pass marsh.....you suppose to pass

No, I still stick by my opinion. Why do you think they are better?
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Obviously he's a good QB but I wouldn't want him on our team. There's certain guys you just can't root for, and to me he's one of them.

Why? Because of these allegations from goldiggers? Like you wouldn't be out partying and laying all kinds of wood if you were in your 20's and had the ladies throwin snatch at you. Palease.

I think roethlisberger is a top 5 qb in the NFL right now, but s**t. Tiger just f**ked numerous women all over the USA, there wasn't even one rape charge from any of them. Two charges in almost 2 years? That's ridiculous. The dude got off free from the first accusation, but it looks like the commissioner wil have to punish
Ben now.

Also, who's saying every other qb in the NFL isn't f**kin with every fine ass 20 year old they can find? Thing is, not even one rape charge has been alleged agaisnt any of them.

Great points all around Meth. I love it when people use logic and do not ignore base rates.
That latest story about the incident sounds pretty bad for Ben.
Share 49ersWebzone