LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Rather have Mcnabb than Roethlsberger

Me too, one thousand times over. Roethlisberger is a bum and overrated.
Think back to the SB vs Arizona...you wouldnt want that man?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
HAHAHAHA at anyone who wouldnt want Roethlisberger
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'd take Ben in a heartbeat, even though I think he's a douche and turd of a human being. He's still a damn good QB, and better than anyone we've had since Young.

Only thing is the Steelers want a high first rounder for him.

Good luck getting that.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
I'd take Ben in a heartbeat, even though I think he's a douche and turd of a human being. He's still a damn good QB, and better than anyone we've had since Young.

Only thing is the Steelers want a high first rounder for him.

Good luck getting that.

I'd give up the 2 first round picks for him in a heartbeat
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I don't want a f**king rapist on our team...

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.
Originally posted by Chief:

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.

she was asking for it.

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.

So you dont want a young, pro bowl, super bowl winning, very talented QB.

But you are happy with a bust 1st overal pick, who I actually still have faith in, or another bust #1 pick, or a developmental QB.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We had better offer 17, or this franchise FAILS. Ben is an unquestioned star in this league. The Steelers are dumb for trying to trade him and the Niners are fools if they don't bend over for the Steelers to acquire him.

Seriously i doubt they trade him, i think they are just using this to scare Ben.

And if they do, I am not convinced 17 will do it. Or anywhere near it.

McNabb traded for a 2nd, Holmes traded for a 5th. I would think 17 would do it, although now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you can't trade picks that were not originally yours.. If not go ahead and offer 13 instead. If it takes more, then offer 13 and our 3rd, or 13 and next years 2.

Being open to trading a franchise QB is not the way to go about things if you are trying to curb certain behavior. I mean look how quickly things blew up in Denver with Cutler at the mention of trading him. Ben has the upper hand here. I don't imagine he really cares if he stays in Pitt. I mean there are MANY places I would rather live personally. I mean it's not like Pitt is a yearly contender like say the Pats or Colts are, although I suppose they are the next best thing.

Are you having a joke with me? McNabb, whilst good, is 33 years old! He has a couple in the tank, maybe 3. And he was worth a second. Roeth has many more years left on the clock and has gone the distance. They will surely feel he is worth more than a mid range first. I say they go for a top first or two mid firsts.

And whilst I am not certain I think you can trade traded picks. Only comps can't be traded.

No I'm not joking with you. A motivated seller can't then go back and say "While we want to get this guy off our team, we expect premium compensation"

If a team just approached the Steelers then I would agree with you, but the Steelers are the ones wanting him gone, and now that it's public and not refuted they have even less leverage. Santonio Holmes was worth a lot more than a 5th, but again a motivated seller is willing to take less than market value.

As for the trade thing. I am sure that when we had 2 picks and nabbed Davis and Lawson, it was discovered that we were unable to trade the pick that was not originally ours when people were fawning all over Reggie Bush proclaimingg that he was going to be the greatest and next decade best and wanting to trade up. Many wanted to trade both our picks to move up to #1 to get him, cause it was a forgone conclusion that he would indeed go #1.

Whether that was in a different CBA, and whether that rule carried forward if it was from a prior, I can't remember or don't know.
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If you can get a QB like Roethlisberger then you go and get him.

Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Big Ben is the most overrated QB in the NFL? Really?

then wtf is Alex Smith

I don't mean to make fun of Smith but damn

You know the definition of overrated don't ya. Anybody can be overrated. A 3rd string safety could be overrated

Now if you are asking me who is the most overrated QB in the NFL based on a poll of webzoners...I would definitely say Alex Smith.

But I was speaking nationally. Many fans think Big Ben is better than he actually is...IMHO.....thus I think he is the most overrated QB in the NFL. I also think Favre is really overrated these days.

I don't care if he's overrated by fans.

He is a franchise QB who wins games. Sure he might not be a flashy guy like Brees but he still gets the job done.

He will s**t on any QB we have and if he's available (which I really doubt they just will s**t him away) then I would like to see us at least try.

We all have hopes and dreams of Smith becoming a great QB and I support it but with our luck he's gonna fail. Then what? Draft another QB? I dunno I just wanna win a SB and Big Ben has done it twice. Sure he sucked in his first one but he still made it there.

We had better offer 17, or this franchise FAILS. Ben is an unquestioned star in this league. The Steelers are dumb for trying to trade him and the Niners are fools if they don't bend over for the Steelers to acquire him.

Seriously i doubt they trade him, i think they are just using this to scare Ben.

And if they do, I am not convinced 17 will do it. Or anywhere near it.

McNabb traded for a 2nd, Holmes traded for a 5th. I would think 17 would do it, although now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you can't trade picks that were not originally yours.. If not go ahead and offer 13 instead. If it takes more, then offer 13 and our 3rd, or 13 and next years 2.

Being open to trading a franchise QB is not the way to go about things if you are trying to curb certain behavior. I mean look how quickly things blew up in Denver with Cutler at the mention of trading him. Ben has the upper hand here. I don't imagine he really cares if he stays in Pitt. I mean there are MANY places I would rather live personally. I mean it's not like Pitt is a yearly contender like say the Pats or Colts are, although I suppose they are the next best thing.

I hate roethlisberger but you are gonna make me defend him.

Mcnabb is not a Super Bowl winning QB, Ben won 2
Mcnabb is a choke artist, Ben has come up big in big games

and for Holmes, you cant compare a WR to QB at all

So to even think that the price for roethlisberger would be cheap just because those guys went for cheap is just crazy

and did you really just say that Pitt is not a contender every year?

i dont think you really know what you are talking about

They finished 3rd in their division in 2 of the last 5 years. That imo is not contending every year. I admit though I remain spoiled from our history. The Niners and the Cowboys were yearly contenders. The Colts are yearly contenders. The Steelers are a damn fine franchise, but not yearly contenders imo.

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.

we have all technically raped at one time
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Drunk driver, ok..
Pot head, ok..
Show boat, ok..

Rapist, no thanks.

I been accused of it. Was screwed till chicks best friend busted her out.
Share 49ersWebzone