There are 298 users in the forums

Brady Quinn traded to Denver

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Browns fans definitely didn't like him. This quote basically sums up their reaction..

Quote:
< Cue music and little people > Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead".
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo63:
I think they're giving up on Quinn too fast. He's been hurt and did look good when healthy.

Exactly. I think they should've waited at least this year to see what he does without Derek Anderson looking over his shoulders.

Who did he have to really throw too? Edwards had one really good year and I've never been sold on Winslow. I think with good coaching and a stable offense with a better line, he can be a good QB.

You're right, he really didn't have anything in Cleveland to help him with his struggles. I think hes also in a better situation now in Denver, well if they can hang onto Marshall, but it looks as if Marshall will be on a new team before the season starts. Josh McDaniels SHOULD help Quinn, I like what he did for Orton btw.
The Browns traded a lot of draft picks to move up and get Quinn to only turn around and trade him for that. Too bad for Cle., I hope he turns it around with Den.
I really thought Quinn would be a good fit in the WCO. I guess we'll never know now?
i think we all knew but it was never an official thread lol

nice move by denver. orton just isnt the answer
Originally posted by Dominate:
Wow, he didnt get much of a shot in Cle. I`m a lil surprised they made this move.

Smart GM's identify and move on. We don't have any smart GMs.
I don't understand this at all. Are they that sure Bradford or Clausen will be there when they pick? Because I seriously doubt it. Quinn may not be perfect but he's better than Delhomme right now in my opinion and they got almost nothing for him.
Brady Quinn sucks, I don't understand what you all see in the guy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

You know that's what a lot of peoiple think of Alex Smith, but did Brady Quinn get the leash that Alex Smith did??

You know that's what a lot of peoiple think of Alex Smith, but did Brady Quinn get the leash that Alex Smith did??

Yeah but Alex had 1 decent season in his first 3 years, other he was a rookie from a spread and then he got injured. Quinn's had some injury problems but nothing like what Smith suffered, and he's had some good OLineman, and he's never had a season even as good as Smith's 2006. He's had like 2 good games, but still. The only reason Alex has been given a 5 year leash is because the injury basically ruined 2 of them. Quinn has had 3 years and hasn't done a whole lot. Plus he got to watch and learn on a team that had enough talent to go 10-6, Alex never had that opportunity.

He had what was passable as a go to WR in Edwards, who is good enough for young Mark Sanchez and was good enough for Derek Anderson in that one year, but he couldn't get him the ball. His completion % in the games he's played are a lot worse than the ones in Alex's 2 years of significant playing time. I mean Alex's career as a whole hasn't been very good, and he's had some stinkers and all, but he's had some good games and he's had some games where when everything's not a problem for him he can look very good. Quinn hasn't really shown that. I just feel like Quinn is living off of his college resume after having not done anything at all in 3 years in the NFL. Just as Smith was getting momentum, we lose our good OC and then he gets smashed by Rocky Bernard and 3 or 4 more games he plays in he's playing with nearly the same injury as Drew Brees, grade 3 shoulder seperation and he was horrible but what do you expect with 3 torn ligaments in his shoulder? Then that injury sidelines him for 2 more years. But then last year he comes back in after not playing for 2 years and has a few bad games(Philly/Chi), but he also has some very good games (JAX, Seattle, Houston, 2nd half of GB game). If he can just get some momentum going and some chemistry with his teammates he can be very good, just ask Vernon Davis.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Browns fans definitely didn't like him. This quote basically sums up their reaction..

Quote:
< Cue music and little people > Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead".

Those same fans booed DA and chanted for Quinn and the 9ers/Browns game a couple years ago. They change there mind more than they change there underwear.

Quinn is in a better place with Denver's offensive coaches than what he just had in Cleveland and there is no pressure on him to become the starter from day 1. He can be developed by McDaniels and taught his offense over the 1st year.
They should've traded Quinn to Tool Academy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah but Alex had 1 decent season in his first 3 years, other he was a rookie from a spread and then he got injured. Quinn's had some injury problems but nothing like what Smith suffered, and he's had some good OLineman, and he's never had a season even as good as Smith's 2006. He's had like 2 good games, but still. The only reason Alex has been given a 5 year leash is because the injury basically ruined 2 of them. Quinn has had 3 years and hasn't done a whole lot. Plus he got to watch and learn on a team that had enough talent to go 10-6, Alex never had that opportunity.

He had what was passable as a go to WR in Edwards, who is good enough for young Mark Sanchez and was good enough for Derek Anderson in that one year, but he couldn't get him the ball. His completion % in the games he's played are a lot worse than the ones in Alex's 2 years of significant playing time. I mean Alex's career as a whole hasn't been very good, and he's had some stinkers and all, but he's had some good games and he's had some games where when everything's not a problem for him he can look very good. Quinn hasn't really shown that. I just feel like Quinn is living off of his college resume after having not done anything at all in 3 years in the NFL. Just as Smith was getting momentum, we lose our good OC and then he gets smashed by Rocky Bernard and 3 or 4 more games he plays in he's playing with nearly the same injury as Drew Brees, grade 3 shoulder seperation and he was horrible but what do you expect with 3 torn ligaments in his shoulder? Then that injury sidelines him for 2 more years. But then last year he comes back in after not playing for 2 years and has a few bad games(Philly/Chi), but he also has some very good games (JAX, Seattle, Houston, 2nd half of GB game). If he can just get some momentum going and some chemistry with his teammates he can be very good, just ask Vernon Davis.

Yes, yes the injuries. But Quinn always had Derek Anderson looking over his shoulders, and coaches were always quick to pull him. In 2006 Alex Smith had a ton of bad games and yet played every snap that year. Smith was also given a 1,700 yard rusher and Antonio Bryant with an atleast decent defense (they would've been better than #26 if the offense gave them time to rest).
Originally posted by Dominate:
Wow, he didnt get much of a shot in Cle. I`m a lil surprised they made this move.

You and me, both. And considering what the Browns got in return it seems the Broncos got the better side of the deal depending on what the "conditional pick" turns out to be. I guess when you're housecleaning others can get a bargain for what you're not keeping...
Originally posted by 49erWill:
wow great trade by Denver IMO

yup, regardless of what the noobs are saying he'll succeed in Denver.
Share 49ersWebzone