Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Option A: Money
Option B: Family
Option C: Super Bowl

What does Manning choose?

Money.

Pathetic.

I wouldn't have thought less of him if he went with the Titans, but now this man is garbage. A conservative estimate for what he makes in a year, including all the endorsement contracts he has, is probably around 60 million. The Broncos probably offered him a little more per year than the other teams, let's say 20 million vs 17 million.
So he's going to end up making 65 million per instead of the paltry 62 million per he would have had with us.

Family? f**k em.
Super Bowls? Meh.
Money? Oh HELL YA! A 2% increase to my net worth is what I nearly broke my neck for.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Option A: Money
Option B: Family
Option C: Super Bowl

What does Manning choose?

Money.

Pathetic.

I wouldn't have thought less of him if he went with the Titans, but now this man is garbage. A conservative estimate for what he makes in a year, including all the endorsement contracts he has, is probably around 60 million. The Broncos probably offered him a little more per year than the other teams, let's say 20 million vs 17 million.
So he's going to end up making 65 million per instead of the paltry 62 million per he would have had with us.

Family? f**k em.
Super Bowls? Meh.
Money? Oh HELL YA! A 2% increase to my net worth is what I nearly broke my neck for.

I think you are spot on in this. Its curious to me that Payton gets a pass on this. In all the reporting nobody ever states the obvious. Manning wants $s. He talks a great game and is funny on SNL but when you slow down and look at it there is just a real ME FIRST attitude about him. It was publicized that he wanted the same money he was making with the colts. WAIT you are telling me that a guy with 4 reconstructed neck surgeries who has been out of football for a year gets that kind of money? It is ridiculous really. Randy Moss went out and ran a 4.3 40 at 34 and we paid him a basement rate.

This isn't the first time Manning and the green monster have demanded there way. Remember when Brady got more money than him. He made it a personal point of everything to be the highest paid QB. How many times did this guy restructure to make the team better? The Colts need look no farther than his contracts to explain why they could never field a solid defense.

I am glad the niners didn't sign him. I wish we had just stuck with Smith. Good luck denver.
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Denver and Petyon Manning reached agreement on a five-year, $96 million contract. Manning introduced as QB at 3 pm ET.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Filed to ESPN: Denver and Petyon Manning reached agreement on a five-year, $96 million contract. Manning introduced as QB at 3 pm ET.

paid

Thats a lot of money, and there is no way he will be playing at a top level in 5 years.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Glad we didn't get him for that money
Assessing the deal . . .

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/41745/brandt-assessing-peyton-manning%E2%80%99s-deal

My initial reaction is that Manning could have leveraged much more money if he wanted to. The Titans and Seahawks probably would have paid more and required less protection. This is a contract where the player saying, "It's not about the money" truly means that. There are few deals in sports that are by definition good for both sides. This appears to be one.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
anyone watching his press conference?

if so, i wanna know what he said about why he didn't choose SF.
somebody tell me again how that contract would be smart for us to have
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

it's voidable after each year.

$96 million for 5 years and old with a broken neck. Not worth it. They can have him....
Originally posted by Amir:
anyone watching his press conference?

if so, i wanna know what he said about why he didn't choose SF.

hasn't said anything yet.

he did say he called the other two teams monday morning to let them know.

and he also said he hated the fact that his decision put some teams in tough positions.

is only voidable after this year, if he passes his physical next year he gets 40 million guaranteed, 2013 he would get 20M and 2014 he would get 20M
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

is only voidable after this year, if he passes his physical next year he gets 40 million guaranteed, 2013 he would get 20M and 2014 he would get 20M

oh damn, must have heard wrong then. in that case, f**k that.
Now that I've listened to him speak, I'm kinda glad we didn't sign him. He's all about feeling comfortable and choosing a good fit...blah blah blah. This isn't freakin' tiddlywinks, it's football!!! I want to sign someone who wants to win a superbowl every year first and foremost, Manning clearly doesn't.
Share 49ersWebzone