LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**k manning, lets just wait til tom brady is 35 and breaks his neck and gets released
Yes, I think the media is giving Peyton a free pass at the choosing money over rings situation. But all of you guys are overreacting and are pointing the finger at someone who, in my mind, made a decision we all probably would have.

The 49ers, AT BEST, offered 3 years 60 M. That's $20M per year. There is no way you or me or anyone would want or would leave $36M on the table. Regardless of rings. That is a HUGE HUGE HUGE amount. Could he make that up in endorsements? He already was making tons of money in endorsements so the difference between SF and Denver is a non-issue.

At the end of the day, Peyton took the money but so would all of you. Having $150M in your bank account is a ton of money but having $36M more makes life that much better.
Could you imagine if the Broncos kept Tebow?

Manning throws ONE pick and all of Invesco Field chants "We want Tebow!"
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
So in one day, Denver now has added two former AFC South tight ends, Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen, as targets for Peyton Manning.

Solid moves right there. Denver also added CB Tracy Porter today too.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Multiple pro scouts told NFL Network's Albert Breer, however, that despite the lofty numbers, Manning was showing signs of decline. He was 34 then, and is now 36.

"The falloff was significant on film," one scout from an AFC rival team told Breer. "He showed stiffness and lost athletic traits. What made him so special was never his athletic ability or movement skills, but you could see it with his arm strength, too."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/nfl-scouts-concerned-about-mannings-arm-strength/

Originally posted by montana2rice:
Yes, I think the media is giving Peyton a free pass at the choosing money over rings situation. But all of you guys are overreacting and are pointing the finger at someone who, in my mind, made a decision we all probably would have.

The 49ers, AT BEST, offered 3 years 60 M. That's $20M per year. There is no way you or me or anyone would want or would leave $36M on the table. Regardless of rings. That is a HUGE HUGE HUGE amount. Could he make that up in endorsements? He already was making tons of money in endorsements so the difference between SF and Denver is a non-issue.

At the end of the day, Peyton took the money but so would all of you. Having $150M in your bank account is a ton of money but having $36M more makes life that much better.

Is this last line serious?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I would've taken the money too even though I really wanted him on the team.

That said, f**k him since he's not on this team.
Had the option to join us and shoot for a Superbowl or two but chose instead to go for the bucks. Sit at home during the AFCCG and count your dollars Manning.

Allowing a 70 yard bomb with less than a minute did that more than Manning. They had the game won.

Manning can count his $$$$....49ers spent theirs wiser
Originally posted by English:
Had the option to join us and shoot for a Superbowl or two but chose instead to go for the bucks. Sit at home during the AFCCG and count your dollars Manning.

The fact that he went 1 and out in the playoffs is exceptionally sweet, seeing how everyone thought it would be a Broncos/Patriots/Packers Superbowl. Now it will most likely be a Patriots and NFC Superbowl, but the possibility of a Harbowl still exists this year. If Houston beats the Patsies, all bets are off, and the media will be left scratching their heads until next season, haha.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by English:

The fact that he went 1 and out in the playoffs is exceptionally sweet, seeing how everyone thought it would be a Broncos/Patriots/Packers Superbowl. Now it will most likely be a Patriots and NFC Superbowl, but the possibility of a Harbowl still exists this year. If Houston beats the Patsies, all bets are off, and the media will be left scratching their heads until next season, haha.

I really, really, really hope the Texans beat the Pats... They are the one team that scares me left in the playoffs.

So for today only, GO TEXANS
John fox is the reason they lost
The defense and three manning turnovers are what lost the game for them. People forgot how much of a choker manning is in the playoffs.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone