LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

NFL DRAFT and Race

1. Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
    Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
    Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
    Agreed

Agreed

Even if the opinions don't change following discussion it is still good to hear each others side.

Does everyone remember what it felt like the months/years following 9/11? That's the last time I can remember everyone being considered American not white or black and genuinely caring about one another. We were UNITED. Now we live in a echo chamber where media dictates everything. We can choose what to watch/read whatever will back up the point we are trying to get across rather than formulate a opinion on what we actually see in real life.

I hope we can get back to those post 9/11 vibes one day without a tragic event being the reason for it.

The events of January 6th tell me there's a long way still to go for that to happen.

Yup, unfortunately I only see things getting worse if I'm being completely honest.

I mean until you learn the narrative the media is forcing on us and the truths they hide it's hard to have a conversation...

You bring up Jan 6 where police stood down... But don't mention the multiple state capitals that have been over taken by the peaceful protesters since?

Like do you do that on purpose or?

Also cnn just got, got by project veritas admitting that they cover up the numerous assaults on asian americans by african americans to push these events as domestic terrorism by white males... Literally got caught on camera admitting to it...

Hidden by liberal media and liberal social sites...

Obv it goes both ways but hard to have a conversation when u believe mainstream medias bias narrative

https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/project-veritas-records-cnn-staffer-saying-the-network-is-trying-to-help-blm/
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Apr 18, 2021 at 3:56 PM ]
What does Lawrence have that Fields doesn't?

If Mac Jones has surpassed Fields, then he should surpass Lawrence.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 26, 2021 at 7:43 PM ]
It's more Parking Lot I think.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Apr 26, 2021 at 8:39 PM ]
More excuses are made to explain why Lawrence and Wilson are ranked 1 and 2 while more excuses are made to explain why Fields and Lance are not.

Lawrence: absolutely does not run a pro offense and has not improved since his first year in college. Excuse: He wins.
Wilson: No championship and cake schedule. Excuse, he throws like Aaron Rodgers.

Fields: Most accomplished QB. Excuse, he sees before he throws.
Lance: Played in as many games as Jones and is probably the most ready for NFL offenses. Excuse: He is inexperienced and played in lower division.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 28, 2021 at 12:56 PM ]
If Jones as a QB and supossed face of the franchise doesn't take a Tunsil like fall (who plays a somewhat anonymous position like OL), due to videos of his that were released before the draft, I would argue race has something to do with it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Hmm! So maybe opinions weren't just about race afterall
Originally posted by krizay:

Pff is racist

You brought this thread back to post THIS?!?!

Here we go boys!!!!
I still dream of a world when only black QB's and white WR's are drafted

Racial stereotypes are fairly dominant in our society. There's no need to deny it with silly preseason PFF grades that don't prove much of anything and certainly are not measured as tangibly as passer ratings. They happen.

Once you are over that hurdle,...you can then exonerate the ones that aren't prey to these fallacies as well.

Praceseason
Share 49ersWebzone