LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 443 users in the forums

Carson Strong-QB-Nevada

If for whatever reason the 49ers don't make a major upgrade at QB this offseason, there's this strong-armed Vacavillian to look forward to next season. If he has another good season, I'd happily go all in for him. Great size, arm, decent athleticism, has shown consistent improvement year by year, local NorCal product.

I watched this dude a while back when someone brought him up. Dead on reminds me of Derek Carr--like a spitting image. I'm onboard. loved Carr at Fresno.
Top 10 pick in 2022?
I'm all in for a QB in 2022 if necessary. Should have a pretty solid team for whoever is the QB going forward.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm all in for a QB in 2022 if necessary. Should have a pretty solid team for whoever is the QB going forward.

I'm not to crazy about the top QBs next year, Howell ? Slovis ? My fav is JT Daniels and I'm not sold on him
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'm not to crazy about the top QBs next year, Howell ? Slovis ? My fav is JT Daniels and I'm not sold on him

I like the class, especially considering that all of these guys will have one more season to show improvement. Howell, Slovis, Strong, Shough, Rattler, JT Daniels, McCall, Corral, Jayden Daniels. Gonna be some intriguing options. Some guys will disappoint, some guys will blow up.

Strong has absolutely caught my eye, he has everything you're looking for in terms of a true franchise QB prospect and he could still wind up being the 4th or 5th QB off the board which would put him in draftable territory for the 49ers.
As a Nevada student, this kid is the TRUTH. I've watched every game starting from last season and I may just be a huge homer, but I'm enamored with the guy. He's got the size, the arm, places the ball wherever he wants, and shows tremendous mobility in the pocket. I've seen him lead the team down in clutch moments a handful of times already in two seasons. This guy needs to be on the team if we lose out on every quarterback in this offseason.
Originally posted by Dman11:
As a Nevada student, this kid is the TRUTH. I've watched every game starting from last season and I may just be a huge homer, but I'm enamored with the guy. He's got the size, the arm, places the ball wherever he wants, and shows tremendous mobility in the pocket. I've seen him lead the team down in clutch moments a handful of times already in two seasons. This guy needs to be on the team if we lose out on every quarterback in this offseason.

Oh yeah, if he continues to progress as a passer, this is the dude you trade the house for. I really do like that he's a local NorCal guy after the 49ers have missed out on other top prospects from the area.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Oh yeah, if he continues to progress as a passer, this is the dude you trade the house for. I really do like that he's a local NorCal guy after the 49ers have missed out on other top prospects from the area.

And on top of all that, this came in a season with a shortened off season and season. Imagine what he does between now and next fall in terms of progressing mentally and physically. Nevada also has its top 4 receivers and top 2 running backs returning next year, so I see no reason for him not to light up the national stage next year.

The Cow Town Kid
Thats good touch- and anticipation- on some of those throws for a soph from a smaller school. Certainly someone to watch coming up
[ Edited by Bitplayer on Feb 1, 2021 at 2:06 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

People make leaps in a year. Especially when they have a chance to be a top pick.
Gotta give the guys a chance. I expect sophomores/redshirt sophomores/redshirt freshman to just show pro level athletic ability with their throws. They get a full year to refine those skills.
I'm excited to see this guy's growth this season. I was born in Carson City and grew up in Coleville and South Tahoe so it's exciting to see a local guy. He has a huge arm. I started the video at 6:10 because I love how in a clutch situtation he was calm, identified man coverage, audibled, and put his guy in position to win.

Romeo Doubs looks interesting too!!!! Found a neat little story on him too. I'm excited to watch this combo next year, and maybe one will be wearing Red and Gold next year.
https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/the-anti-diva-how-nevadas-romeo-doubs-became-nations-best-receiver
Id draft him if he's sitting there in round 30.
Share 49ersWebzone