LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Carson Strong-QB-Nevada

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hey man I'm just saying what a lot of draft podcasts are saying about Strong right now. Most say Willis is doing better than everyone but it's not some great QB competition overall for anyone.

*It's funny because TDN pod didn't saying anything great about Strong (regardless of that one tweet) said his balls are sailing, same with Jordan Reid of ESPN draft pod, and Locked on Draft (with Crocker).

From everything I've seen, he's doing well for himself, same with Willis.

Based on his body of work in college and how he's handling the competition at the Senior Bowl, Strong looks like a good candidate for the mid to late 1st round.
I think the early prediction of Strong, Willis, and Corral being the top 3 is likely to still ring true, in any order. I never saw it with Riddler, and his issues with precision are on full display down at the senior bowl. He also has an NFL average arm strength imo.
💩
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
From everything I've seen, he's doing well for himself, same with Willis.

Based on his body of work in college and how he's handling the competition at the Senior Bowl, Strong looks like a good candidate for the mid to late 1st round.

DJ and Zierlein just said that he struggled and on Thursday his first 4 passes alone where either off target or hit the ground first (easy screen passes too). I just haven't heard anything great.

He's been kinda a non-story at the Senior bowl which isn't good considering most of the "top" QBs in this draft where there. I don't see him going in the 1st at all, if so IMO that's a pretty massive reach.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think the early prediction of Strong, Willis, and Corral being the top 3 is likely to still ring true, in any order. I never saw it with Riddler, and his issues with precision are on full display down at the senior bowl. He also has an NFL average arm strength imo.

Still think Pickett will be one of the top 3 QBs....none of these QBs are anything special IMO, Willis if you have a bridge QB and want to develop is interesting at least.

Still think Pickett will be one of the top 3 QBs....none of these QBs are anything special IMO, Willis if you have a bridge QB and want to develop is interesting at least.

I really liked the tape I saw of Strong last year. What happened this season? I didn't get to watch much college football in 2021.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I really liked the tape I saw of Strong last year. What happened this season? I didn't get to watch much college football in 2021.

I didn't watch a ton of him….all I heard and saw from the Senior bowl was underwhelming though. Saw it talked about all over the place.

Nevada connection in effect.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

He had a fine year. He looked a bit rattled in the senior bowl tho.
Will that 6'9 dude be taking over when Strong leaves?

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Cole Turner is an interesting TE prospect in the 5th round or later.
He had a fine year. He looked a bit rattled in the senior bowl tho.

He was poo at the Senior Bowl overall. I wouldn't use a day 2 pick on him but someone will.
Goes UDFA to Eagles.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Goes UDFA to Eagles.

Knee issues killed him. I'll be surprised he actually makes it on to a roster.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Will that 6'9 dude be taking over when Strong leaves?

Yes, he is taking over. Played at the bowl game this year. Couldn't believe they got a taller quarterback than Strong. lol

I watched all of the Wolf Pack games the past 5 years since my daughters went there and then one became a cheerleader. I am from Vacaville as well so know a decent amount about Carson. I am really pulling for him to make the Eagles roster. They signed him to a big UDFA deal (20K bonus and 300K guaranteed). He has osteochondritis which thins the cartilage in the knee. He came back much earlier than expected to play last year with Doubs (now Packer) and Turner (now Commander) as they were inseparable on and off field.
He has the arm that every team wants. He has excellent knowledge of the game and can diagnose the defense very well. He was slowed last year as he was still rehabbing and if not for his teammates, should have taken a year off to finish getting stronger. I am definitely not a medical expert but if the knee holds up he is an NFL ready pocket passer with a great work ethic. The cliche first in, last out is real with him. If the knee didnt hold up, i can see him becoming a coach very easily.
I never followed college ball before my kids went but I am really pulling for these players that i have seen grow.
Share 49ersWebzone